Possible division realignment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible division realignment

kangphin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
If the Chargers do move to London, what would be the most likely divisional shakeup?

I wouldn’t hate Fins to south, Texans to west and Chargers to east. Something tells me they would never even consider swapping them with the Cowboys

Moving the Chargers to London is one of the dumbest ideas the NFL has had in a long time. Greed mainly. If you want to move a football team move the Bills to Toronto and move the Chargers to Mexico City.

Canadian Bills Stamped and the Mexican Drug Chargers.

Last edited:
I would like the NFL to stop having division teams play each other so much. I don’t want to watch the dolphins play the jets or bills or pats twice a year. I’d rather have some variety. That goes for other teams too. I don’t care about the bears-packers for the 10th matchup in 5 years.

I would like the NFL to stop having division teams play each other so much. I don’t want to watch the dolphins play the jets or bills or pats twice a year. I’d rather have some variety. That goes for other teams too. I don’t care about the bears-packers for the 10th matchup in 5 years.
Division play makes up 35% of the schedule. You have variety (12 out of 16 games every year). Rivalries are important and neccessary.

Division play makes up 35% of the schedule. You have variety (12 out of 16 games every year). Rivalries are important and neccessary.

Division games are 6 out of 16. 37.5% of the games are played against 9% of the opponents.

They might be interesting for fans of the two teams playing but to fans of the other 30 teams they don’t care. That game last night was garbage, division rivals fighting every play and too many flags. It was garbage football.

I wouldn't mind seeing it reduced to 3 division games a year. Alternate home/away year to year. Regardless, I don't think the NFL would ever switch the Dolphins to the NFC since they were an AFL team but the NFL should have put the Dolphins in the South, Colts in the North and Ravens in the East in 2002.

I wouldn't mind seeing it reduced to 3 division games a year. Alternate home/away year to year. Regardless, I don't think the NFL would ever switch the Dolphins to the NFC since they were an AFL team but the NFL should have put the Dolphins in the South, Colts in the North and Ravens in the East in 2002.

Yup. You could even have the divisions games always be the last 3 weeks of the season. Or have it be week 14-16 and week 17 be a “position round” were the number 1 team hosts #2 and #3 hosts #4 in week 17.

Division games are 6 out of 16. 37.5% of the games are played against 9% of the opponents.

They might be interesting for fans of the two teams playing but to fans of the other 30 teams they don’t care. That game last night was garbage, division rivals fighting every play and too many flags. It was garbage football.
Didn't use a calculator. I simply estimated. Let's argue over 2.5%. :bobdole:

Here is the thing. Unless you are a season ticket holder and go to the games regularly your opinion and the rest of the 30 teams (which is faulty number anyways) fans mean nothing. For us rivalry games even in bad seasons like this year have extra value. Special meaning. To give you a better example: I value the blowout loss against the Patriots at a higher value (on a 'want to see scale') than the almost win against the Redskins.

Didn't use a calculator. I simply estimated. Let's argue over 2.5%. :bobdole:

Here is the thing. Unless you are a season ticket holder and go to the games regularly your opinion and the rest of the 30 teams (which is faulty number anyways) fans mean nothing. For us rivalry games even in bad seasons like this year have extra value. Special meaning. To give you a better example: I value the blowout loss against the Patriots at a higher value (on a 'want to see scale') than the almost win against the Redskins.

The Nfl owners make a majority of their money from tv not from ticket sales so making sure the fans of the 30 teams not playing (32-2 :) ) actually want to watch the game is important.

There arent real rivalries in the NFL anymore. If it meant I dont have to see the Patriots twice a year, I am all for it. The NFL needs good football. That's their problem. The product has gone down the shitter since they have made the QB so important. If a team doesnt have a QB, its a terrible product nowadays.

The last real rivalry that the general NFL fan cared about was the Colts and Patriots but that was basically because it was a Peyton and Brady rivalry. a QB rivalry.

I don't envision any new alignments unless the league expands.

The best 8 team in afc and 8 best in nfc make playoff and get rid of division. AFC east is no competition for N.E. N.E is taking advantage of easy division.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom