Possible division realignment | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible division realignment

How can there be " rivalries" when the players hang out , play golf, and train together in the off season. Rivalries were when the players " hated" the opposing team, never helped each other up, and would go to the opposite side of the street so they wouldn't have to share a sidewalk!

Do you have a best friend? Are you competitive?

I have a best friend ( sounds like I'm in highschool ). If he'd step into the octagon with me, I'd try to rip his head off. When the final bell rings, I'm taking him out for beers.

I can't empathize with your point of view. I think some of these guys would run over their own mothers to win a super bowl. I exaggerate to clarify.

My point is that outside those fan bases, no one really cares. Its not like college where everyone stops what they are doing to watch Michigan/OSU or Bama/Auburn. General fans tune into those games. General fans arent setting their clocks to watch Seattle and SF haha Its a regional thing in the NFL now. How many people watch the Dolphins and Bills? No one thats not a fan of those teams.

Again, disagree. I love the Philly/Dallas, Ravens/Steelers, Seahawks/Niners games.

I’ll go out of my way to watch them.

Think the Jets should be moved to Uranus, the Bills to the dark side of the moon and the Pats to the surface of the sun. That should help Brady's balls deflate a bit and give BB some thing more useful to film for mankind.

Think the Jets should be moved to Uranus, the Bills to the dark side of the moon and the Pats to the surface of the sun. That should help Brady's balls deflate a bit and give BB some thing more useful to film for mankind.

Or we can hand out beat downs to all 3 of them next year when we win free agency and draft 3 studs.

AFC south, I'm sorry I'd miss playing all the AFC east teams way too much. My lone solace in how horrible we are is the jets are somehow always an even worse dumpster fire then we are lmao.. God i love hating the jets

Division play makes up 35% of the schedule. You have variety (12 out of 16 games every year). Rivalries are important and neccessary.

......Didn't use a calculator. I simply estimated. Let's argue over 2.5%. :bobdole:

I’ll give you your comment about estimating at 35% instead of using a calculator for 37.5%,

but you get an F- for 16-6 = 12.

Last edited:
Miami is not being separated from their rivals in the AFC East Never going to happen.

Hate to break it to you but besides the fans of any AFC East team, no one cares about Dolphins v Bills games or Dolphins V Jets game. Just being honest. It's a made up rivalry like in every division. We can develop new rivalries.

I’ll give you your comment about estimating at 35% instead of using a calculator for 37.5%,

but you get an F- for 16-6 = 12.

And you get an F for not reading the thread.

Didn't use a calculator. I simply estimated. Let's argue over 2.5%. :bobdole:

Here is the thing. Unless you are a season ticket holder and go to the games regularly your opinion and the rest of the 30 teams (which is faulty number anyways) fans mean nothing. For us rivalry games even in bad seasons like this year have extra value. Special meaning. To give you a better example: I value the blowout loss against the Patriots at a higher value (on a 'want to see scale') than the almost win against the Redskins.

And you get an F for not reading the thread.

Now i may have to flunk you in English too!

The post you were responding to complained about division play making for boring football because we play the same teams too much. You responded

“Division play makes up 35% of the schedule. You have variety (12 out of 16 games every year). Rivalries are important and neccessary”

I’m pretty sure i read that right.

16- 6 actually doesnt equal 12. Really, it doesn’t.

Hate to break it to you but besides the fans of any AFC East team, no one cares about Dolphins v Bills games or Dolphins V Jets game. Just being honest. It's a made up rivalry like in every division. We can develop new rivalries.

When the Fins and Bills were scrapping with Marino and Kelly in the 90s? LOTS of people cared. Again, people outside the markets care when the teams involved in the rivalries are GOOD. Browns/Broncos used to be big, for Pete's sake.

Now i may have to flunk you in English too!

The post you were responding to complained about division play making for boring football because we play the same teams too much. You responded

“Division play makes up 35% of the schedule. You have variety (12 out of 16 games every year). Rivalries are important and neccessary”

I’m pretty sure i read that right.

16- 6 actually doesnt equal 12. Really, it doesn’t.

You might want to capitalize "I" and use apostrophes regularly before you start grading English, professor.

When the Fins and Bills were scrapping with Marino and Kelly in the 90s? LOTS of people cared. Again, people outside the markets care when the teams involved in the rivalries are GOOD. Browns/Broncos used to be big, for Pete's sake.

That was forever ago. Now those games are like the Jags and Titans, no one cares.

Back
Top Bottom