Possible Draftee Qb Comparison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Draftee Qb Comparison

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in France so I can't see NCAA football, few days ago I think I read here a really good comparison of possible QB draftee for our beloved dolphins.

I searched this topic since 2 hours.......but I can't found him.......does anybody have him or a QB comparison with strength and weakness for all of them.

Thanks

Allen has been compared to Wentz. Big arm, very athletic.

Mayfield has mostly been compared to Russell Wilson.

I think Jackson is a lot like Kaepernick. He can get chunk yards with elite athletic ability. Nice deep arm, but inconsistent pocket passer.

Rudolph I've heard Foles comparisons.

Rosen maybe Carson Palmer.

Allen has been compared to Wentz. Big arm, very athletic.

Mayfield has mostly been compared to Russell Wilson.

I think Jackson is a lot like Kaepernick. He can get chunk yards with elite athletic ability. Nice deep arm, but inconsistent pocket passer.

Rudolph I've heard Foles comparisons.

Rosen maybe Carson Palmer.

Allen, compared to Wentz from a physical standpoint, but with accuracy concerns. He was below 60% accuracy in college. Boom or bust prospect, if team believes they can coach him up and improve his accuracy.

Mayfield Wilson comparison is interesting, but Mayfield is a hair taller, and not as much of a Puritan as a person. Is a fiery leader and competitor, despite height hasn’t had a lot of batted passes at line of scrimmage. I’d say a combination of brees and Wilson, but with a bit of a dark side to him, all 3 have a giant chip on their shoulders, which has served all 3 well to this point in their respective careers, depending upon where they are. Mayfield obviously has more to prove at this point. I’d be thrilled if the dolphins drafted him as long as we didn’t give up too much.

Jackson to Vick is a more accurate comparison, although Jackson is a bit bigger than Vick. Lots of upside with this one, also wouldn’t mind if we picked him up. He is a qb, not a receiver just because he is a good athlete. Personal life challenges, lost his father at a young age have built a lot of character. More than meets the eye to this kid in my opinion.

Josh Rosen is very smart, may not know how to be that without putting some people off. Intelligence is one of the most underrated characteristics of a qb. ESPN is comparing him to Eli, which I think might be a good comparison.

Darnold seems to be the safest and most nFl ready choice. The comparison I’ve seen that seems to make the most sense is Phillip Rivers.

All in all, looks like a class with a lot of potential, but u never really know...

Darnold is far from NFL ready, Mayfield is the most nfl ready. Darnold will probably throw 20 interceptions if he starts as a rookie

Back
Top Bottom