Possible FAs we might think of signing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible FAs we might think of signing

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
(12:01 AM): Axe falls in New Orleans … New Orleanshas some holes to fill on defense after the Saints released veteran OLB Will Smith, FS Roman Harper and CB Jabari Greer and announced that MLB Jonathan Vilma will not be re-signed. All that may have the Saints looking hard at that side of the ball in the early rounds of the 2014 draft.
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Just because they're vets?

Will Smith... Thought he was a DE?

I'd like to get an experienced veteran RB who can block.
While I like Lamar Miller, he is still a work in progress and I have no great confidence that he will become a star. We need a tough experienced RB who will make 2 yards when he has to. Maurice Jones-Drew hasn't got a lot of gas in the tank but he could still be good. I understand that he's also a good character leader. He is also very strong for his size.
MJD would look good in aqua and white.

Yeah 8 is way too high, but I wouldn't mind him for a smaller deal. Him and MJD would be good solid vets for the team if the price is right.

I'd like to get an experienced veteran RB who can block.
While I like Lamar Miller, he is still a work in progress and I have no great confidence that he will become a star. We need a tough experienced RB who will make 2 yards when he has to. Maurice Jones-Drew hasn't got a lot of gas in the tank but he could still be good. I understand that he's also a good character leader. He is also very strong for his size.
MJD would look good in aqua and white.

I wouldn't mind seeing Darren McFadden brought in for the right price.

only if run DMC can stay healthy, and at the right price.

The obvious FA that Miami is going to go hard after is Brandon Albert. he will be on the open market and he can fill a huge need right away. he has generally been healthy and we may have to fight with Arizona to land him. We tried hard prior to the draft to land him, so now that it won't cost picks, we can go after him. I expect him to get Jake Long money as he signed with the Rams. That IMO is where to start in FA.

vilmas been injured a lot...and is close to being washed up i'd say...i dont hate it i guess on a vet minimum deal to come to camp but i wouldn't plan on 16 games or any guarantee he'd make the 53...

only if run DMC can stay healthy, and at the right price.

The obvious FA that Miami is going to go hard after is Brandon Albert. he will be on the open market and he can fill a huge need right away. he has generally been healthy and we may have to fight with Arizona to land him. We tried hard prior to the draft to land him, so now that it won't cost picks, we can go after him. I expect him to get Jake Long money as he signed with the Rams. That IMO is where to start in FA.

Health is obviously a concern, but at the right price I think it would be a good move.

I think you are right in that the O-line will be the #1 priority in FA. Albert hasn't really been able to stay healthy these past couple of years either. He would be a significant upgrade over Mckinnie, but I hope we don't invest too much in him.

all mcfadden would do is piss you off cause of how much time he would miss to injury...nah...i definitely wouldn't say pass pro is a strength there either

Back
Top Bottom