Possible Miami Coaching Canidate already on the move! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Miami Coaching Canidate already on the move!

Just thinking aloud here, Will Muschamp? Probably never happen but I liked him alot while he was here. Reminds me of Mangini.

Somebody in another thread mentioned the Pats current OC and QB coach, cant recall the name offhand though, might be worth a look at the least. Certainly would be nice to hurt the pats and improve us at the same time ala NYJ :p

Mangini looks good so far.

Somebody in another thread mentioned the Pats current OC and QB coach, cant recall the name offhand though, might be worth a look at the least. Certainly would be nice to hurt the pats and improve us at the same time ala NYJ :p

Mangini looks good so far.

Josh McDaniels is who you mean. I wouldn't mind him at all, a list of super-young guys that I like are:

Josh McDaniels
Will Muschamp
Brian Schottenheimer

There was a report on ESPN that Bates had been contacted about the Ariz opening.

I like what Bates did with our defense but his age might be a factor against him. At this point, I'm not sure which would be better...having a young guy with fresh ideas or a more established coach like Bates.

All I know is that this time, the deal has to be taken a little slower. We will need to wait for some teams to finish in the playoffs ect.

Rivera
Cameron
Wisenhunt
Martz
is what I want and we will need to go through some interviews for this one.

I can see Capers being the leading candidate to start things out( if he wants the job).

We need a coordinator type who is ready to go to the next level. Those types are in it for the long haul. The younger the better IMO. This league is becoming this.

How many points has San Diego put up this year, and how many points have we put up? I just think that Cameron would give this offense the kick in the butt that it needs.:wink:

Did you happen to see the playmakers that San Diego has compared to what we throw out on the field.I just think that there are times when a coach looks great not because of HIS coaching but because HE HAS THE PLAYERS THAT PRODUCE...and it doesn't hurt having one of the top QBs,the best RB
in the league,the best tight end in the league.

Dan Marino we need someone that will chew the players butts off a little more J/K :D

We dont have to have a face candidate we dont have to have a popular face to take over this team. We do need a good HC of course I just want a HC that players believe in and want to play with the passion I know the fins can play with. what the espn radio is saying is that the players wanted Jim Bates as their HC when the 04 season was over.

yeah, watching Cam Cameron single handedly turning the Chargers around has been incredible. There also is some similarities in miami in SD...Great defense, mediocre O-line, mediocre recievers, talented TE a good running back with potential...just need that QB. I think Marty should personnaly thank cam for saving his job. We need an influx of offense. Our last 3 coaches have been defense...it's time for a change. I always thought if U had a really good defense and needed a coach bring an offensive minded one in to get the balance we need.

I know that Cameron is the hot candidate right now, and I wouldn't be upset if he got the Dolphins job if Nick decides that he has no class.

But, I'm not inspired by his ability to give the ball to the LT, throw the ball to Gates, or by having a great defense that keeps them in games. Brees was not a product of Cameron, he is having an even better year in New Orleans. I've thought that Rivers was going to be great since the Senior Bowl (when I was hoping the Dolphins would be able to select him.) So I can't give him credit for simply stepping on the gas in the fastest car.

For me, when I evaluate offensive coordinators (in my own amateur way) I look at guys who have gotten great production out of marginal players, and had backups step in without missing a beat. Mike Heimerdinger did this in Tennessee, Linehan did this in Minnesota, Brian Schottenheimer is doing it in NY, but I haven't seen this out of Cameron.

Brees had a better season under Cameron in San Diego in 2004 than he did in New Orleans this year. He had a higher completion percentage, more touchdowns (27), fewer interceptions (7), and a higher QB rating (104.8).

I don't care how good Rivers was in college, how many first-year starters come in and play as well as he has this season. Also, Gus Frerotte went to the Pro Bowl with Cameron as his QB coach with the Redskins. Essentially the last four QBs Cameron has worked with (Frerotte, Randle El, Brees, Rivers) have either been an All Pro or All-American.

Ithink Mike Martz would be the best person to go with right now...if not him then Cam Cameron followeed by Norm Chow

Back
Top Bottom