Possible Moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Moves

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since we will be $17 million over the cap and even with restructuring contracts it will be hard adding players, this is what i would do after contract restructuring

1- Offer a tender to OGUN and let him go for a 1st and 3rd. He's a valauble part of our defense but our offense needs the money that would go to him

2- Draft with our 1st rounder Philip Rivers.

3- Sign Billy Volek of Tennessee to compete with Philip Rivers and that starting spot - theres going to be 3 teams going after Brunell (MIAMI, TB and DALLAS) and you know the price could get real high quick. This guy has gotten his chance and has shown he can play at a high level.

4- Draft with our other first (from OGUN) Michael Clayton WR, LSU

5- Sign Damien Woody to play guard and another guard to fill up the holes on the O-line

6- Draft a D-lineman with a our 1st 3rd rounder

7- Draft another WR with 2nd 3rd rounder (Justin Jenkins looks good here)

8- O-line with 4th rounder

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Since we will be $17 million over the cap and even with restructuring contracts it will be hard adding players, this is what i would do after contract restructuring

1- Offer a tender to OGUN and let him go for a 1st and 3rd. He's a valauble part of our defense but our offense needs the money that would go to him

3- Sign Billy Volek of Tennessee to compete with Philip Rivers and that starting spot - theres going to be 3 teams going after Brunell (MIAMI, TB and DALLAS) and you know the price could get real high quick. This guy has gotten his chance and has shown he can play at a high level.

5- Sign Damien Woody to play guard and another guard to fill up the holes on the O-line

I love the constant barrage for the quest for WR's like no tommorrow. People just dont get the real deal about football. its all in the trenches! thats where games are won!
You said get damien Woody. you also said it would be very difficult adding on new players! your contradicting yourself. what makes you think damien woody will come cheap? what makes you think Volek will be cheap? If your talking Volek, you might as well keep fiedler for cheaper who already knows this offense and restructure him. We dont need two more rookie WR's who have the big chance to be busts. ive seen too many WR's pass through this team who were first rounders who were busts! alot of good to great WR's take two to three years to develope! i can name a handful right off the bat. Terrell Owens, took two to three years. Eric Moulds, took 3 to 4. Peerless Price, took 3 to 4 and stunk it up this year on a new team. Hell even chris chambers in his third year still did not break the 1000 yd barrier. He will be great this year IMO. I just dont get the gun ho attitude at drafting wr's early! We need 1 good WR across from Chambers and we need 3, let me repeat that, 3 Olinemen!!!!!! Damien Woody isnt going to solve the probs we have on OL.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305

Some thoughts here, where did you get that we will be $17M over the cap? I have seen reports that we may be as much as that under the cap after we cut exepcted players and rework some contracts.

I agree with letting OGun go for a #1 we need the offense upgrade more than his output.

I wouldn't draft two QBs. I would draft Rivers then go staright to lineman or WRs.

Would love to sign Woody. I bet he will get the franchise tag.

Re: Re: Possible Moves

Originally posted by fin-atic

Some thoughts here, where did you get that we will be $17M over the cap? I have seen reports that we may be as much as that under the cap after we cut exepcted players and rework some contracts.

I agree with letting OGun go for a #1 we need the offense upgrade more than his output.

I wouldn't draft two QBs. I would draft Rivers then go staright to lineman or WRs.

Would love to sign Woody. I bet he will get the franchise tag.

My thinking is that it is 17 mil over with the bonuses due. when you cut players such as Griese ect who are due big bonuses, then those bonuses are nul and void. same with fiedler, he is due 2 mil bonus. alot of guys are due big bonuses. when they restructure and get new roster bonuses, they are allocated for next year at this time. Im no expert, but that is my guess.

another thing, dont bet on Belechick to franchise Woody or even resign him. first off, New England has alot of free agents and are near the cap right now. they have two number ones and two number two's. if you follow belechick, you know he lets big money guys walk, and he finds their replacement with no probs. i would think belechikc will be more inclined to keep guys like Faulk and some of those young unkown safeties. He will let Ted Washington go cus he was a filler for there changing scheme this year and nothing more. they will prob get a big beefy DT in draft. they also have hamilton/Pleasant as DE to think about. im thinking they could find Woodys replacement no prob. But also keep in mind that there are so many other teams who are way nder their cap and would love to have a Woody.:D

Back
Top Bottom