Possible Porter Replacements | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Porter Replacements

jejones1986

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was just thinking of the draft and what players coming out that we could relistically get, probably in the second. I personally want Ronaldo McClain at 12, but he plays inside and wouldn't take over for porter. But looking to the second round, i believe we have the 44th pick and I like Brandon Graham from michigan. He could play a great WS OLB that porter was and fill in that spot really well. He only had 64 tackles, but he had 10 sacks and he had a monster senior bowl destroying Tebow.

That's my thoughts on Porter's replacement, feel free to share your thoughts.

ill take mclain too at 12 upgrade our ILB to complement crowder i know people dislke him but I believe with a nice stud ILB next to crowder he can be decent. Maybe Wake will be rise to the occasion and be our starting olb since reports say that porter was hindering wakes progress dont know how legit that is. but Graham is a nice pick at 44 he was a beast atthe senior bowl.

Hoping Wake will be our WOLB. If they want him at SSOLB, then I'd look at Hughes as the best prospect at WOLB.

Best prospects at SSOLB: Griffen, Morgan, Pierre- Paul, Coleman, Worilds.

would pierre-paul really available in the second round if so it would be a nice pick up

I like Rolando McClain, but I think Brandon Graham has a better nose for the football and will have a better career.....this is why I we should trade down and grab Graham later on....if Graham is taken there should still be some great players still around like CJ Spiller, WR Golden Tate, TE Jermaine Gresham...we can take BPA or fill in our biggest needs......an extra pick would definitely help us.

I like Rolando McClain, but I think Brandon Graham has a better nose for the football and will have a better career......

Well he doesn't. In no way shape or form does he have a better nose for the ball than McClain, that is actually McClains biggest attribute, he always seems to be around the ball.

I really like Sergio Kindle outta Texas at number 12 and than brandon spikes in the second round. I dont think McClain is gonna make it to us at 12 i think Denver Snabs him just before us and i think Cleveland takes Dez Bryant.

I really like Sergio Kindle outta Texas at number 12 and than brandon spikes in the second round. I dont think McClain is gonna make it to us at 12 i think Denver Snabs him just before us and i think Cleveland takes Dez Bryant.

Kindle is way to one dimensional for #12 overall....think Vernon Gholston runs himself out of alot of plays and only can rush the passer.

2 guys i would take a look at

Jason Worilds- 6'2 254 good nose for the ball pretty good against the run and good pass rush ability...11.5 TFL 4.5 sacks

Brandon Lang- D ware size and ability but had a down year 6'4 240+ make plays in the backfield and gets after the QB...yeah faced lesser talent but so did D ware

best part is both will be there late 2nd early 3rd so we can bolster ILB and maybe WR or S with our first could of rounds

I like Rolando McClain, but I think Brandon Graham has a better nose for the football and will have a better career.....this is why I we should trade down and grab Graham later on....if Graham is taken there should still be some great players still around like CJ Spiller, WR Golden Tate, TE Jermaine Gresham...we can take BPA or fill in our biggest needs......an extra pick would definitely help us.

yeah I've been thinking who might want to trade up and for who

CJ Spiller is a beast and could get us some serious trade value for our pick

I don't see anyone taking him in the first 11 picks and even though he is one hell of a player I don't think we will take him

but Singletary's 9ers might with their run happy offense and lack of depth at RB I have no idea who backs up Gore (pick 13)

and the Seahawks are relying on Julius Jones and Justin Forsett for a running game :lol::lol::lol: (pick 14)

so by 16 he will be gone

if he runs a sub 4.4 40 he will have many teams drooling over him like the
Texans
Packers
Eagles
Chargers
and even 49ers who have the 17th pick as well and might want to put their picks back to back
you can also throw the Seahawks in there if they think someone is trying to trade up for him

These are the picks and possible players they maybe willing to trade
Texans 20-51-81-115- DeMeco Ryans LB RFA

Packers 23-56-86-119-James Jones WR-Jermichael Finley TE-Nick Collins FS

Eagles 24-55-70-87-118- Chris Clemons DE/LB-Antonio Dixon NT-Sean Jones

Charger 28-60- 91-123-Ian Scott NT-Shawne Merriman LB-Stephen Cooper LB-Brandon Siler LB-Shaun Phillips LB-Paul Oliver FS-Malcom Floyd WR-Legedu Naanee WR-Vincent Jackson WR

49er 17-49-79-110-Ahmad Brooks LB-Parys Haralson LB-Manny Lawson LB-Dashon Goldson FS-Aubrayo Franklin NT
Most of these guys played for Nolan

Seahawks 14-40-101-David Hawthorne LB-Colin Cole NT-Jordan Babineaux FS-Deion Branch WR-Nate Burleson WR-Darryl Tapp Lb-Red Bryant NT

I was just thinking of the draft and what players coming out that we could relistically get, probably in the second. I personally want Ronaldo McClain at 12, but he plays inside and wouldn't take over for porter. But looking to the second round, i believe we have the 44th pick and I like Brandon Graham from michigan. He could play a great WS OLB that porter was and fill in that spot really well. He only had 64 tackles, but he had 10 sacks and he had a monster senior bowl destroying Tebow.

My thoughts on Porters repacement is that he's already on the roster, C.Wake. We need a SOLB because where J.Taylor will start at SOLB he would slide into Wake's spot and then someone off the bench would go to SOLB. I like AJ.Edds, A.Lane and B.Lang as 3rd/4th round draft picks to solidify the position for years to come.

Rolando Mcclain ILB
Career stats:
270 tackles
1 forced fumble
5 interceptions
8 sacks

in 2007: 74 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pick
in 2008: 91 tackles, 3 sack, 1 pick
in 2009: 105 tackles, 4 sack, 1 forced fumbles, 2 picks

Sean Weatherspoon LB

Career stats:
388 tackles
3 forced fumbles
4 interceptions
12 sacks
2 defensive TDs

in 2007: 124 tackes, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles
in 2008: 149 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 picks
in 2009: 103 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 pick

Brandon Spikes LB

Career stats:
285 tackles
1 forced fumble
6 interceptions
6 sacks
4 defensive TDs

in 2007: 131 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
in 2008: 87 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 picks
in 2009: 52 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 picks

Jerry Hughes OLB
Career stats:
142 tackles
2 forced fumbles
3 interceptions
28 sacks
1 defensive TD

in 2006:
3 tackes, 1 sack
in 2007: 29 tackles, 1 sack,
in 2008: 52 tackles, 15 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 picks
in 2009: 58 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 forced fumble

Sergio Kindel OLB/DE
Career Stats:
148 tackles
1 forced fumble
16 sacks

in 2007: 29 tackles,
in 2008: 46 tackes, 10 sacks, 1 forced fumble
in 2009: 55 tackles, 6 sacks

Brandon Graham OLB/DE
Career Stats:
138 tackles
28 sacks

in 2007: 25 tackles, 8 sacks
in 2008: 46 tackles, 10 sacks
in 2009: 64 tackles, 10 sacks

Perry Riley LB
Career Stats:
185 tackles
1 Forced Fumble
2 interceptions

in 2007: 24 tackles
in 2008: 60 tackles, 1 sack, 1 interception
in 2009: 97 tackles, 1 forced fumble

Personally i like Jerry Hughes and Brandon Graham for OLB

For ILB i like Sean Weatherspoon Perry Riley and of course rolando mcclain, but i say give up on mcclain and dez bryant i dont think either are going to be available at our pick in the draft, if so cool, but i really doubt it

Rolando Mcclain ILB
Career stats:
270 tackles
1 forced fumble
5 interceptions
8 sacks

in 2007: 74 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pick
in 2008: 91 tackles, 3 sack, 1 pick
in 2009: 105 tackles, 4 sack, 1 forced fumbles, 2 picks

Sean Weatherspoon LB
Career stats:
388 tackles
3 forced fumbles
4 interceptions
12 sacks
2 defensive TDs

in 2007: 124 tackes, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles
in 2008: 149 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 picks
in 2009: 103 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 pick

Brandon Spikes LB
Career stats:
285 tackles
1 forced fumble
6 interceptions
6 sacks
4 defensive TDs

in 2007: 131 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
in 2008: 87 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 picks
in 2009: 52 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 picks

Jerry Hughes OLB
Career stats:
142 tackles
2 forced fumbles
3 interceptions
28 sacks
1 defensive TD

in 2006: 3 tackes, 1 sack
in 2007: 29 tackles, 1 sack,
in 2008: 52 tackles, 15 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 picks
in 2009: 58 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 forced fumble

Sergio Kindel OLB/DE
Career Stats:
148 tackles
1 forced fumble
16 sacks

in 2007: 29 tackles,
in 2008: 46 tackes, 10 sacks, 1 forced fumble
in 2009: 55 tackles, 6 sacks

Brandon Graham OLB/DE
Career Stats:
138 tackles
28 sacks

in 2007: 25 tackles, 8 sacks
in 2008: 46 tackles, 10 sacks
in 2009: 64 tackles, 10 sacks

Perry Riley LB
Career Stats:
185 tackles
1 Forced Fumble
2 interceptions

in 2007: 24 tackles
in 2008: 60 tackles, 1 sack, 1 interception
in 2009: 97 tackles, 1 forced fumble

Personally i like Jerry Hughes and Brandon Graham for OLB

For ILB i like Sean Weatherspoon Perry Riley and of course rolando mcclain, but i say give up on mcclain and dez bryant i dont think either are going to be available at our pick in the draft, if so cool, but i really doubt it

As I posted in the draft forum McClain is my first choice. Weatherspoon and Spikes would be a nice seconds. As far as OLB Hughes would be my first choice. Riley is worth no more than 3rd or 4th IMHO. Being Tiger Alum/Fan I have seen much of Riley. He developed nicely under Chavis and was doing ok despite horrific coaching pre-Chavis. If you want immediate impact take Mc Clain or Spikes. They were in the two best defensive systems in CFB (honorable mention TCU).

OLB Brandon Graham is a first round pick. There is a chance of getting ILB Brandon Spikes in the second, but Graham will be long gone.

if we trade down Graham will be there in the mid-late 1st. Spikes will likely be 2nd round and i believe that Hughes will be there in the 2nd for us also

Back
Top Bottom