Possible Situation that I dont like..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Situation that I dont like.....

Fins05:NewHope

Long Time Veteran
Reaction score
They are giving a bunch of hype for Ricky because he may be in camp before Ronnie.....SO WHAT....Ricky WILL miss the first 4 games that count.....and if Ronnie holds out....lets just say he misses 2 weeks of camp....thats alot for a rookie running back....do we expect him to really be ready for the start of the year??? I mean really? IF he holds out longer because of Alex Smith.....we start the year with the Minor, Morris, and god only knows, rotation that pretty much got us no where last year. In the long run Ricky being there early and hopefully doing well....will score the needed points with his teammates for when he does return.....Best case....Ronnie signs before camp.....I dont care if its 5 minutes before the first practice. Rookie running backs really dont start causing damage till about 8 games into the season....Dallas Julius Jones and Detroits rookie last year follow that mold.

Fins05:NewHope said:
They are giving a bunch of hype for Ricky because he may be in camp before Ronnie.....SO WHAT....Ricky WILL miss the first 4 games that count.....and if Ronnie holds out....lets just say he misses 2 weeks of camp....thats alot for a rookie running back....do we expect him to really be ready for the start of the year??? I mean really? IF he holds out longer because of Alex Smith.....we start the year with the Minor, Morris, and god only knows, rotation that pretty much got us no where last year. In the long run Ricky being there early and hopefully doing well....will score the needed points with his teammates for when he does return.....Best case....Ronnie signs before camp.....I dont care if its 5 minutes before the first practice. Rookie running backs really dont start causing damage till about 8 games into the season....Dallas Julius Jones and Detroits rookie last year follow that mold.

Tell that to Willis Mcgahee and Clinton Portis

julius jones was a second round pick and kevin jones went at the bottom of the first round.

Ronnie was the #2 pick... I'm not expecting miracles, but I expect him to contribute.

what about kj and lamar?

Kevin Jones and Julius Jones were both INJURED early in the year. Horrible example.

Brown will be ready, we still have two weeks till training camp and by then Alex Smith should be signed. I don't understand why he wants to want till Alex Smith gets his deal, he is going to get alot less money then him since he wasn't the 1st overall pick and he's not a QB. The QB should undoubtly be the highest paid player on your team if you have a good one

nick1 said:
Brown will be ready, we still have two weeks till training camp and by then Alex Smith should be signed. I don't understand why he wants to want till Alex Smith gets his deal, he is going to get alot less money then him since he wasn't the 1st overall pick and he's not a QB. The QB should undoubtly be the highest paid player on your team if you have a good one

Its called slotting, and until Smith gets a slot, France won't attempt to get a contract without some figures to work from. He wouldn't want Brown to lose any cash.

Better yet.....will Saban think he should start the season...I mean I understand we are coming off a 4-12 season....what do we have to lose....but do you throw Ronnie to the wolves with limited time to prepare? I mean we dont play the Browns D line every week....well actually...we do play Denver who signed 4 former Browns D line players...okay so first week we do. LOL.

Don't panic. RB is among the easier positions to pick up. This is not going to turn out to be a drawn-out affair. It's not like the Dolphins have made Brown an offer he doesn't like; he's simply waiting to determine the appropriate asking price.

Dont worry guys, As much as I would like to make you worry more, If ROnnie Brown is as good as you think, He can hold out until the 1st game and he will be fine.

LT sat out the whole preseason or atleast most of it, and he came in and started the 1st game rushing for over 100 yards on 30 + carries.

RB's dont need too much practice. They just run to daylight. The only thing Ide worry about is his blitz pickup.

I asked this before and no one answered

Say Ronnie Brown is holding out and misses the first 2 games

Can Ricky appeal his suspension which he will lose but what this might do is push his suspension form the first 4 games (when RB is not here) to games 3,4,5,6

I think that Ronnie will be ready to go and start the first four games for us even if there is a holdout, althought I don't expect it unless Alex Smith holds out for a long time. And also... You forgot Lamar Gordon. If Ronnie isn't ready to go, Lamar will be the guy over Minor, Morris, and Harris in my honest opinion.

Any Ronnie Brown holdout will not stretch into the regular season. I guarantee it.

Back
Top Bottom