Possibly Sabotage of Cutler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibly Sabotage of Cutler?

Sadly this is true. In his post game he literately would blame every other offensive position besides the QB. "Too many drops" "need better blocking" "they gotta do their job" "football isn't a hard game to play". But the QB? He's done no wrong from what I gather from Gase. And I mean NO WRONG AT ALL. It's pretty disturbing honestly and I gotta believe the other players are annoyed by it.

Yeah its actually really creepy, even last season there were rumors about him coming here, and everybody said it was fake. The first chance Gase has to get a qb he drops 10 mil to get his retired guy. Sounds really weird to say but there is something between them.

Sadly this is true. In his post game he literately would blame every other offensive position besides the QB. "Too many drops" "need better blocking" "they gotta do their job" "football isn't a hard game to play". But the QB? He's done no wrong from what I gather from Gase. And I mean NO WRONG AT ALL. It's pretty disturbing honestly and I gotta believe the other players are annoyed by it.
I see a silver lining in this. Gase and the rest of the team is gaining a better appreciation for Tannehill. Gase is realizing his offensive line sucks and can't be ignored anymore...after two years. He can't scheme to hide the O-line, he's learning the hard way. And finally he's learning who the dumb players are on this team since he can't run up tempo because guys, in their second year in the system, still don't know where to lineup and what they're supposed to be doing on offense. That's embarrassing.

Before being able to come up with a solution have to first admit there is a problem. Gase's ego is keeping him from doing what is right in playing Moore to see if a change in QB elevates the offense.

Reactions: <O>
Gase sought a guy who wanted to be retired. Cutler has said he doesn't need to be in good shape to be a qb. Lazy much? Cutler will not throw anything beyond 7 yards except twice today.

Moore will throw some picks, but the same people are ok with Cutler doing it. Moore can come in and light these receivers up. I believe there is a silent coup, but that's my opinion.

I just want to know where the damn petition is to get Moore the starting job.

PS, Gase get over yourself, you made a mistake. Do you want to keep your pride or win games? If Cutler is not the guy, and Gase starts Moore, the players would lavish praise and respect on him.

Every year Miami despite supposedly being a professional team can’t get the little things right. Can’t recover easy fumbles. Missed blocking assignments. When to call fair catch vs when not to. Dropping easy balls. Calling a run play in shotgun formation on short and inches. He’ll Miami can’t even figure out the playclock
Very much this. Majority of this is due to horrible coaching.

ummm I don't know if you remember but Tannehill was a poor teammate also at a certain point as a Dolphin when he was with Philbin....They questioned his leadership & Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, and at last Miko Grimes kept putting him down.

That wasn't him being a poor teammate , they were questioning his ability. Saying he was a bad QB. And the poor leader talk was all because he was not very vocal. He was like a puppy dog out there. Never has anyone said Tanny was a douche

I do remember Gase saying Cutler needed to work on his footwork a bit.

Houston's offensive line looked the worst 5 assembled guys in the history of football defending Tom Savage.

This really isn't complicated guys; Dolphins have the worst interior OL in the NFL. IMO, they are far worse than depicted in the ratings. Our OL is so bad that it actually destroys our entire offense.

This is the result of unforgivable, severe, and blatant negligence by our front office and Gase himself. Just the particular move of bringing back Bushrod is the tell-tale sign. They were in complete denial and oblivious to how bad their personnel really was.

Pouncey was finished long ago. Continuing to boast about his greatness and eminent leadership while he stinks it up at the rock bottom of the league among centers is just another clear indicator of how Stupendously STUPID these people really are.

This is wrong on so many levels. Pouncey graded out at #3 center in the NFL this week so he isn't close to being finished. I'm not saying Cutler isn't a big part of the problem but he is not mobile and has no time to even set up. He is not helping himself by waiting under 5 seconds on the play clock before snapping the ball and causing issues there. The guard play, especially on pass pro has sucked, and Tunsil has not been very good either. Our WR's are not getting open and not playing aggressively, and they are dropping routine throws--I think at least 5 yesterday. I point to the one catch DP had where all he had to do was turn upfield and get an easy first down, but instead runs backwards, gets hurt, and we have to punt. I also want to point to play calling the first three games, and how terrible Gase was there. This is a major clusterf*c$ on offense and not one player is to blame for the sorry results.

Unfortunately Gase is way too stubborn to admit he made a mistake and play Moore. I see signs of Landry and other receivers already quitting on Cutler, just look at their body language during the game. Gase can pretend its "drops" by the receivers but all the drops I saw yesterday were poorly placed throws that made them difficult catches. Yes once in a while that will happen but not on almost every throw. For all the "pocket presence" Cutler supposedly has, he is God awful throwing on the run. Tannehill is the exact opposite.

Cutler has no business being out there right now. If you think it's obscene to think that these players don't want to play for Cutler, or aren't inspired by Cutler...well, you need to go watch a game when you can in the stadium. That unit has about as much energy as a retirement home.

I don't think you need to dumb the offense down anymore, I think you need to cut your losses and let Moore play some. It's not as if it has to be an all or nothing deal - it's called competition and Moore deserves a shot. I thought Gase made the right move signing Cutler, I thought it made sense. It gave me hope.

Now the hope is gone. Cutler looks retired, and you can feel it. This team deserves better, they deserve someone willing to fight for them, and Gase needs to give em that respect by sending in Moore. Period.

Reactions: <O>
Unfortunately Gase is way too stubborn to admit he made a mistake and play Moore. I see signs of Landry and other receivers already quitting on Cutler, just look at their body language during the game. Gase can pretend its "drops" by the receivers but all the drops I saw yesterday were poorly placed throws that made them difficult catches. Yes once in a while that will happen but not on almost every throw. For all the "pocket presence" Cutler supposedly has, he is God awful throwing on the run. Tannehill is the exact opposite.

Unfortunately everyone may get their wish on Cutler because if the protection continues to be as horrid as it's been he won't make it through the season. Everyone needs to be careful what they wish for.

Unfortunately everyone may get their wish on Cutler because if the protection continues to be as horrid as it's been he won't make it through the season. Everyone needs to be careful what they wish for.

I have actually considered the possibility that Cutler would straight up quit halfway through the season. His heart was barely in it when he was young and now he is probably regretting his decision to come out of retirement. But I am fine going with Moore, I can deal with a 10% drop off in skill level for a guy that wants to be there and his team supports. Not to mention what should have been a $10M cap savings ugh.

I think the much more likely explanation is that the team dynamics surrounding Cutler are causing what the OP said, but unintentionally, rather than intentionally.

It's just like working at a job where morale is low and effort suffers, but where nobody gives less effort on purpose. There just isn't the work (or team) environment that makes people want to give 110%, and in a league with this much physical parity among teams, that'll make you look very weak and frequently get beaten handily.

There's a reason those guys get in circles before games and try to rouse each other with loud speeches and chants. They know that kind of energy is often the difference between winning and losing in this league, and this team's offense has little if any of that.

So hypothetically we have lineman missing blocks and receivers dropping balls. But Cutler is the problem? If we had a team of so called professionals tanking on purpose we are more screwed than I think.

Back
Top Bottom