Post combine mock 1rd 1 trade (3/01) Comments wanted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post combine mock 1rd 1 trade (3/01) Comments wanted

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jets trade John Abraham + number 4 pick + 2nd round 2006 pick for Houston’s number 1 pick

1 New York Jets (trade): Reggie Bush RB USC - BPA in the draft , since no trades here they take him

2 New Orleans: Matt Leinart QB USC – Top QB in the draft, good fit for them

3 Tennessee: Jay Cutler QB Vandy – Solid showing and good work, local boy

4 Houston (trade): D’Brickshaw Ferguson LT Virgina – Best safest pick in the draft

5 Green Bay: Mario Williams DE NCS – Best defensive player in the draft

6 San Francicso: AJ Hawk LB Ohio State – Solid LB that can step right in and make a
difference . I really think they will strongly consider Vernon Davis here, but with losing Julian Peterson to FA, Hawk can come right in and be a leader on the Defense for them.

7 Oakland: Vernon Davis TE Maryland - Amazing athlete, will open the up the middle
while moss kills the edges

8 Buffalo: Brodrick Bunkley DT FSU – He isn’t just a stuffing the run guy. He can at 300lbs but he will be a force with his strength (44 reps of 225lbs), his size and his speed (5 flat 40). He can come into their line as an undertackle or overtackle and dominate right away, with pass rush and run stopping.

9 Detriot: Michael Huff CB Texas – Great fast DB could be a safety or CB. A cant miss pick here for them and a big need.

10 Arizona: Vince Young QB Texas – project player but big name and future (perhaps), I think Green is a guy that could mold him if anyone can. A running threat like him along with those WR? Ouch scary

11 St. Louis: Tamba Hali DE Penn State – defensive end that could work wonders for them

12 Cleveland: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon – Plugs up the middle and holds down the fort, key to the 3-4.

13 Baltimore: Lendale White RB USC – will end up being the best back of the draft, fits their system too

14 Philadelphia Chad Greenway LB Iowa – Great instincts and leadership skills, If there was a player that shows intangibles it would be greenway. I don’t think they will get a WR here, I believe they will sign a veteran one to compliment their young ones.

15 Atlanta: Jimmy Williams CB/S VT – Atlanta loves their VT folks, good friends with hall too.

16 Miami Manny Lawson OLB NCS - good fit for the next Jason Taylor

17 Minnesota: DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis – good back but little small, still cant be skipped here

18 Dallas: Marcus McNeil OT Auburn – He is a walking wall, just what cowboys need since their tackles were 1 and 2 in sacks allowed last year

19 San Diego: Winston Justice OT USC - good young player, character issues drop him here ( I think the issues are blown over because he is very talented they are looking for a fault personally).

20 Kansas City: Tye Hill CB Clemson - Great coverage Cornerback slips to here and is plucked up. Blazing speed also doesn’t hurt J Surtain is a good mentor for the kid too

21 New England: Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State – speed demon of a wide receiver, I like chad jackson more for them but a few NE fans kept telling me holmes over Jackson

22 Denver (Washington): Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC – good defensive talent, that is raw

23 Tampa Bay: Jon Scott OT Texas – Good young player huge, player good pick around this area

24 Cincinnati: Ko Simpson S SC - Big time hitting safety, BPA here over 100 tackles last year, year before SEC Freshman of the year

25 NY Giants: Ernie Sims LB FSU – speedy LB with good raw talent (I didn’t think he fit well in their system and howard wound more but the Giants fans want him it seems from my past mock, little small too for their system)

26 Chicago: Leonard Pope TE Georgia = good tight end fills up a need, also good blocking ability

27 Carolina: Chad Jackson WR UF – Best WR in the draft, fills a need so it isn’t steve and steve and steve, I guess not it is just steve, chad, steve steve J

28 Jacksonville: Thomas Howard LB UTEP – great talent and replaced their own OLB whom is a FA. Blazing speed too for his size.

29 Denver: Darnell Bing USC S – fills up a need and is a solid hitting safety

30 Indianapolis: Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota - Edge is gone, he fills the hole

31 Seattle: Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State- Good OLB with injury issues drop but can
fill a need

32 Pittsburgh: Nick Mangold C Ohio State- fills a need and is a great talent there

Didn't you just say in another thread that Greenway killed his stock?

if jets trade up i dont think it will be for a RB, I think it would be for a QB

I believe that saban will make......

I believe that saban will make a major move on the first day of the draft....we are too close to not add a impact player. I'm leaning more towards saban trading down out of our 2nd round pick....to get either 2nd and a 3rd or either a 2nd 4th and a 5th. With these two options we will make a serious impact on the draft...This draft is loaded with hidden gems.

Greenway will be a bust ....not strong enough at the point of attack......not quick enough to move around traps like urlacher. So I will be worried if we pick him in the first.

I also believe that if the jests go after the 1st pick of the draft they will draft Leinart not Bush, but all in all i like your mock and also i believe that steelers will draft Sinorice Moss to replace antwan. I especially like your pick for our phins :up: But just incase Manny is gone ill take Tye hill.

Love the Lawson pick. I think if the Jets trade up, a big possibility, that they will get Leinart. Bush is great, but it's easier to find running backs than franchise qb's.

SpeedRush99 said:
Didn't you just say in another thread that Greenway killed his stock?

I honestly couldnt figure out anyone else to fit them right now. I think his stock will hugely drop right now. But the philly fans in another forum wanted him so I kept him there. that was their own choice lol

Finsfan79 said:
I honestly couldnt figure out anyone else to fit them right now. I think his stock will hugely drop right now. But the philly fans in another forum wanted him so I kept him there. that was their own choice lol

There is no way that Philly does not pick Chad Jackson or Santanio Holmes

agree

playmaker1 said:
if jets trade up i dont think it will be for a RB, I think it would be for a QB

Good call playmaker1, I agree 100%

MiamiRon

Good work Finsfan79 with the mock though...try again once the dust has cleared from all the releases!

miamiron said:
Good call playmaker1, I agree 100%

MiamiRon

Good work Finsfan79 with the mock though...try again once the dust has cleared from all the releases!

I agree, I think alot of mocks are gonna change in the next few days as teams cut players and what teams will pick up some of the big names on the FA list.

thanks guys, I just do them to give you all stuff to think over :)

it looks like everything has been thrown into a jumble now. I will wait a day or two to see the smoke clearing first before my next one

I like Lawson but I'd prefer Carpenter as we really can use a real OLB instead of a guy that will have to play behind JT for a couple of years....in a perfect world I wish we could add both of them but is not gonna happen.....I love Lawson but we have JT to do what Lawson would do but we don't have a Carpenter on our team...he can drop and cover and he can rush the QB too....very good instincs and smart....I think he's gonna be a great player and is a big OLB that we can really use...at this point depending on who falls or not, Carpenter would be my pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom