Post draft/schedule record Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post draft/schedule record Predictions

Our run defense should be notably better this year with improvements up the middle ....

That said, it will come down to the offenses ability to score 24+ points a game ...

JILLS are pretty darn good, Playoff
PATSIES will be MUCH better this year, especially on defense, Playoff
JESTS should have a developmental year .... bottom 5

INDY .... GOOD, Playoff
BUCS ... VERY GOOD, Playoff
BAL ... GOOD, Playoff
ATL ... will be better than most think ... at least on OFF ... depends on JONES (could be borderline Playoff)

CAR + NYG depends on CMC + BARKLEY ... no Playoff, bottom 10
TEN will still be pretty good, depends on their DEF ... borderline Playoff
NO still has talent and won’t be worse than decent ... borderline Playoff

I figure we will be between 10-7 and 7-10 .... since you CANNOT be .500 ... and it all rides on TUA ...

Week 1 @ Patriots - W
Week 2 Bills - W
Week 3 @ Raiders - W
Week 4 Colts - W
Week 5 @ Buccaneers - L
Week 6 @ London Jaguars - W
Week 7 Falcons - W
Week 8 @ Bills - L
Week 9 Texans - W
Week 10 Ravens - L
Week 11 @ Jets - W
Week 12 Panthers - W
Week 13 Giants - W
Week 14 BYE
Week 15 Jets - W
Week 16 @ Saints - W
Week 17 @ Titans - W
Week 18 Patriots - W

14-3 BOOM!

10-7

To a large extent our 10 wins were a product of a great defense, which will be hard to duplicate. I certainly don't expect X to get 11 INT's this year, that would be unrealistic. But, I do expect him to snag 7, which is a great number. This defense needs to generate pass rush with Phillips and Van Ginkel to help out Ogbah. If we do that, double-digit wins is possible.

On offense, we need and expect Tua to make a massive sophomore leap. He averaged 182 yards per game last year ... and that's not nearly enough. With the defense we have, he doesn't need to win many shootouts, but he needs to generate more points and that means a lot more yards. We gave him two full years of huge draft picks on offense, headlined with his former teammate at #6, Jalen Waddle. The time is now for him to prove he can be a good QB. If not ... well Coach Flo and Grier aren't known for their patience. No OC has made it more than a year, players are churned quickly, and the time has come for the owner to expect results. It is time for Tua to step up.

10-7

To a large extent our 10 wins were a product of a great defense, which will be hard to duplicate. I certainly don't expect X to get 11 INT's this year, that would be unrealistic. But, I do expect him to snag 7, which is a great number. This defense needs to generate pass rush with Phillips and Van Ginkel to help out Ogbah. If we do that, double-digit wins is possible.

On offense, we need and expect Tua to make a massive sophomore leap. He averaged 182 yards per game last year ... and that's not nearly enough. With the defense we have, he doesn't need to win many shootouts, but he needs to generate more points and that means a lot more yards. We gave him two full years of huge draft picks on offense, headlined with his former teammate at #6, Jalen Waddle. The time is now for him to prove he can be a good QB. If not ... well Coach Flo and Grier aren't known for their patience. No OC has made it more than a year, players are churned quickly, and the time has come for the owner to expect results. It is time for Tua to step up.
That sounds about right. I'm thinking a game or two better, but it's a tough schedule

Agree that Miami won't duplicate the takeaways. That would be an unrealistic expectation. The run defense has a good chance to be better. I am very interested to see how Flores uses McKinney and what he adds to the D.

The offense should be substantially better, though, for the reasons you highlighted.

As an aside, I really want to see Miami at least split with Buffalo and find a way to finally beat Baltimore.

<SNIP>

I figure we will be between 10-7 and 7-10 .... since you CANNOT be .500 ... and it all rides on TUA ...

We need to stop this narrative.
Yes our QB Tua needs to improve, I truly agree with this but it does not all ride on him
We need every area of offense to have a major leap.

Last year we lost games because our offense was putrid across the board in certain games. Receivers making mistakes, OL issues, no running game.
If Tua makes a leap but others don't we are still going to have problems with the offense.

Everything rides on our offense taking a leap and I feel with FA and draft we should be able to do that.
Based on schedule I feel we should be able to achieve 11-6, or maybe even better who knows?

That sounds about right. I'm thinking a game or two better, but it's a tough schedule

Agree that Miami won't duplicate the takeaways. That would be an unrealistic expectation. The run defense has a good chance to be better. I am very interested to see how Flores uses McKinney and what he adds to the D.

The offense should be substantially better, though, for the reasons you highlighted.

As an aside, I really want to see Miami at least split with Buffalo and find a way to finally beat Baltimore.
Well our team was incredibly lucky with few key injuries last year, so I'm not expecting that to continue this year. Then we lost Fitzmagic, so Tua really needs to step up. Our rookies last year will have a year under their belt so they all need to step up really. And, lots of new rookies this year so we have a young team.

On defense we can't expect an MVP caliber performance from Xavien Howard every year, nor can we expect teams to throw at him. Expect us to be targeted a LOT with whomever is matched up with McKinney in coverage--because he's bad at coverage. Death by a thousand cuts. We're going to need to find takeaways from sources other than Xavien Howard and Emanuel Ogbah. Time for the LB's and FS to step up! Welcome aboard Jevon Holland ... you're going to have to step in and step up immediately.

On offense ... we've got the weapons at TE/WR, now we just need the QB to get the ball to them. And, we've now drafted two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder plus a major FA acquisition ... the OL has been heavily invested in and we need to see good performances.

Well our team was incredibly lucky with few key injuries last year, so I'm not expecting that to continue this year. Then we lost Fitzmagic, so Tua really needs to step up. Our rookies last year will have a year under their belt so they all need to step up really. And, lots of new rookies this year so we have a young team.

On defense we can't expect an MVP caliber performance from Xavien Howard every year, nor can we expect teams to throw at him. Expect us to be targeted a LOT with whomever is matched up with McKinney in coverage--because he's bad at coverage. Death by a thousand cuts. We're going to need to find takeaways from sources other than Xavien Howard and Emanuel Ogbah. Time for the LB's and FS to step up! Welcome aboard Jevon Holland ... you're going to have to step in and step up immediately.

On offense ... we've got the weapons at TE/WR, now we just need the QB to get the ball to them. And, we've now drafted two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder plus a major FA acquisition ... the OL has been heavily invested in and we need to see good performances.
Good point on injuries. To add to that, Miami wasn't afraid to bring in players coming off injuries....Waddle, Phillips, McKinney, Fuller and Skura. Contract wise, I get that. But that could be playing with fire too.

If the Dolphins are going to make a playoff run, the offense needs to do more than hold its own. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami led the NFL, or close to it, with 3 and outs in 2020.

I do expect that the offense will be much better. The Dolphins won't see as many 8 man fronts with the speed at wide receiver.

No way we let the Bills double-up on us like this past season. Since my time on this site, I have never seen so many Fin Fans afraid of the Bills.

No way they sweep us in 2021. The first game was 31-28 Bills - we can beat them.

Also, I think the team didn't give a "F"during that last game for some reason, and it showed - but don't let that one game influence you.

I think we go 10-7 if Tua plays like he did last year…if he plays like he did at Alabama, we go 12-5.

Lose once to the Bills.
Lose once to the Pats.
Lose to the Bucs.
Lose to Titans.
Lose to the Ravens.

Saints, Colts, Falcons, Raiders, etc….all get snuffed...

Just for fun, why not.....

Week 1 @ Patriots - W
Week 2 Bills - L
Week 3 @ Raiders - W
Week 4 Colts - W
Week 5 @ Buccaneers - L
Week 6 @ London Jaguars - W
Week 7 Falcons - W
Week 8 @ Bills - L
Week 9 Texans - W
Week 10 Ravens - L
Week 11 @ Jets - W
Week 12 Panthers - W
Week 13 Giants - W
Week 14 BYE
Week 15 Jets - W
Week 16 @ Saints - W
Week 17 @ Titans - L
Week 18 Patriots - W

12-5.

No way we let the Bills double-up on us like this past season. Since my time on this site, I have never seen so many Fin Fans afraid of the Bills.

No way they sweep us in 2021. The first game was 31-28 Bills - we can beat them.

Also, I think the team didn't give a "F"during that last game for some reason, and it showed - but don't let that one game influence you.

I think we go 10-7 if Tua plays like he did last year…if he plays like he did at Alabama, we go 12-5.

Lose once to the Bills.
Lose once to the Pats.
Lose to the Bucs.
Lose to Titans.
Lose to the Ravens.

Saints, Colts, Falcons, Raiders, etc….all get snuffed...
Looking at that schedule, Miami has to handle the teams they are expected to beat.

The Jets twice, Jacksonville, Raiders, Falcons, Carolina, Chargers and NYG.

I think the Dolphins are on par with Tennessee and New Orleans without Brees. Let's say a split there. That’s 9-1. Split with Pats for 10-2.

Ravens, Bucs, Indianapolis and Bills twice, find a way to win one or two. That's 11 or 12 wins.

Too optimistic?

Our run defense should be notably better this year with improvements up the middle ....

That said, it will come down to the offenses ability to score 24+ points a game ...

JILLS are pretty darn good, Playoff
PATSIES will be MUCH better this year, especially on defense, Playoff
JESTS should have a developmental year .... bottom 5

INDY .... GOOD, Playoff
BUCS ... VERY GOOD, Playoff
BAL ... GOOD, Playoff
ATL ... will be better than most think ... at least on OFF ... depends on JONES (could be borderline Playoff)

CAR + NYG depends on CMC + BARKLEY ... no Playoff, bottom 10
TEN will still be pretty good, depends on their DEF ... borderline Playoff
NO still has talent and won’t be worse than decent ... borderline Playoff

Not sure if New England did enough to make a playoff push, but it's possible with Bellicheck there.

Back
Top Bottom