Here's what I see happening now. How would you feel about this:

6. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
18. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
36. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
50. Brevin Jordan, TE. Miami
81. Quinn Meinerz, OL, UWW
156. Chris Evans, RB, Michigan
7th Round - Pressley Harvin, P, G-Tech

You would have to show me who was on the board at 6, 36 and 50 but i like Smith, Collins and Meinerz quite a bit.

Personally I am not taking a CB in the first 36 picks for Miami and I don't love Jordan.

Assuming Chase and Pitts were off the board I would be 50/50 on Smith V Waddle or try to trade down.

Unfortunately, I think Miami has to get a pass rusher. Collins can contribute, but the Dolphins still haven't replaced Lawson.

Stokes is a good player and probably someone Flores would like, but that might be the spot for a DE.

You would have to show me who was on the board at 6, 36 and 50 but i like Smith, Collins and Meinerz quite a bit.

Personally I am not taking a CB in the first 36 picks for Miami and I don't love Jordan.

Assuming Chase and Pitts were off the board I would be 50/50 on Smith V Waddle or try to trade down.
I think Pitts and Chase are both gone by 6 (along with 3 QBs). I also think this FO likes Smith just as much.

Not sure I agree with taking a CB @36 myself, but I have a feeling it will happen (taking a CB @ 18 wouldn't surprise me). Regardless of what happens with X in the short-term, I don't think it's sustainable to have $25Mil of the cap locked up at one [non-QB] position. Not sure if it will make sense from a cap-perspective to get out of either contract in the next few years, so who knows? It is easier to move a CB to S than the other way around. Anyway, just a hunch I have about drafting a CB early - not saying it's what I would do.

I read somewhere that Brevin Jordan could be just a hair behind the top two TEs in this draft - obviously you don't feel that way. Curious to hear more about what you don't like about him. I honestly haven't had a chance to see much of him.

As much as I'd like to have Najee Harris or even Javonte on the team, I don't see this FO drafting a RB in the first two rounds. Chris Evans is the type of player I could see them drafting in the 5th if he's still there [I could see him going anywhere from 4th to UDFA, but he could end up being steal of the draft!]

I think Pitts and Chase are both gone by 6 (along with 3 QBs). I also think this FO likes Smith just as much.

Not sure I agree with taking a CB @36 myself, but I have a feeling it will happen (taking a CB @ 18 wouldn't surprise me). Regardless of what happens with X in the short-term, I don't think it's sustainable to have $25Mil of the cap locked up at one [non-QB] position. Not sure if it will make sense from a cap-perspective to get out of either contract in the next few years, so who knows? It is easier to move a CB to S than the other way around. Anyway, just a hunch I have about drafting a CB early - not saying it's what I would do.

I read somewhere that Brevin Jordan could be just a hair behind the top two TEs in this draft - obviously you don't feel that way. Curious to hear more about what you don't like about him. I honestly haven't had a chance to see much of him.

As much as I'd like to have Najee Harris or even Javonte on the team, I don't see this FO drafting a RB in the first two rounds. Chris Evans is the type of player I could see them drafting in the 5th if he's still there [I could see him going anywhere from 4th to UDFA, but he could end up being steal of the draft!]
:UP:

Instead of the TE at 50 I would have taken a RB there. Williams or Carter would have been my preference, if they were there at that time.

Instead of the TE at 50 I would have taken a RB there. Williams or Carter would have been my preference, if they were there at that time.
Williams might not make it to #36 but I think Carter could be there at #50.

I would not take him that high but he should be there.

I would OK with him at #81.

Williams might not make it to #36 but I think Carter could be there at #50.

I would not take him that high but he should be there.

I would OK with him at #81.
the talk in Davie is that they really really liked Carter during the week of the senior bowl, also i don't think he last till 81. But you're right, Williams may not make it to 36.

Unfortunately, I think Miami has to get a pass rusher. Collins can contribute, but the Dolphins still haven't replaced Lawson.

Stokes is a good player and probably someone Flores would like, but that might be the spot for a DE.
I expect you're going to be disappointed. Miami doesn't use DEs as pass rushers. They use them to contain. I could see them taking Kwitty Paye, but I doubt you'd see them grab a guy like Rousseau. They don't want a guy like Wake who can run the arch.

Back
Top Bottom