Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Use this thread to collect some thoughts on the draft, who is visiting the team etc. You can still discuss prospects in the main forum (or the draft section!) but this thread can be home to loose updates from Twitter etc.

Lets start off with this:

@AaronWilson_NFL
Vanderbilt center Barrett Gouger to meet with Miami Dolphins, according to a league source

Jared Tokarz‏
@NFLDraftInsider

Follow
More
Can confirm #Dolphins have been doing their due diligence on D. Very active interviewing LB/CB/Edge prospects. Interest in Zach Cunnigham.

What have we learned so far ? 2 things;

1- that the New England Patsies are after the only thing Miami has hung their heads on so far for the past 40some years- unbeaten season record. They came close in 2007 but fell short, this time Bill Belicheat is wiling to give it all he has. He and Tom Boy Brady want to retire together and at the highest level. He wants everything Don has and he will do anything to get them.

2- I seriously think our Miami Dolphins are trying to turn the corner, they are doing exactly the opposite of what they used to do. And that is throwing big money at free agents. They're keeping their own players, specifically, the ones that fits what they are trying to do. I hate doing the mock draft stuff but I believe Hassan Redick should be the pick at 22. For many reasons, 1, he replaces Misi. 2. he is the blitzer, the cover and the run stopper Miami desperately needs. Finally, he along with Timmons and Kiko would give Miami the best Linebacking trio we'ven't seen in quite a while. if the team get one more guard and the Lb position sorted out, they could win 2 more games than they did last year. Go PHINS!

This should be in the draft form.

The staff always allow draft talk in the mains as we approach the draft (we have had threads popping up for weeks) if it is going to be here anyway it is best to try consolidate some of it into a thread like this, we had a very similar one last year.

I think the approach must be, and in fact has been discussed at depth here, is to develop a team that can compete against the Pats. We have failed miserably at that as do most teams but since they are who we have to beat we must stay focused on building Pats beaters. Maybe this is our current management philosophy.

What have we learned so far ? 2 things;

1- that the New England Patsies are after the only thing Miami has hung their heads on so far for the past 40some years- unbeaten season record. They came close in 2007 but fell short, this time Bill Belicheat is wiling to give it all he has. He and Tom Boy Brady want to retire together and at the highest level. He wants everything Don has and he will do anything to get them.

2- I seriously think our Miami Dolphins are trying to turn the corner, they are doing exactly the opposite of what they used to do. And that is throwing big money at free agents. They're keeping their own players, specifically, the ones that fits what they are trying to do. I hate doing the mock draft stuff but I believe Hassan Redick should be the pick at 22. For many reasons, 1, he replaces Misi. 2. he is the blitzer, the cover and the run stopper Miami desperately needs. Finally, he along with Timmons and Kiko would give Miami the best Linebacking trio we'ven't seen in quite a while. if the team get one more guard and the Lb position sorted out, they could win 2 more games than they did last year. Go PHINS!

Agree on Reddick. I'd look maybe Lawson in R2. Get two pass rushers to start off and then look to add offensive linemen, safety etc.

Jared Tokarz‏
@NFLDraftInsider

Follow
More
Can confirm #Dolphins have been doing their due diligence on D. Very active interviewing LB/CB/Edge prospects. Interest in Zach Cunnigham.

Saw this same report yesterday but included Reddick, Charlton, and Peppers. They singled out Cunningham though as the prospect we've spent the most time with.

I saw it on Bleacher Report. It was a tweet.

One of these days we need to find talent at the LBer position.

Dolphins also spoke with dee dee westbrook

Back
Top Bottom