Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

The OL played acceptably tonight considering the injury situation and that it was against Carolina. They have been OK. Not great, but not a dumpster fire.

Cutler was not so hot. I don't care what his stat line was, Cutler threw a dreadful interception that sucked the life out of the football team and missed wide open receivers multiple times. I mean, country mile open Kenny Stills for a first down and Cutler, in a decent pocket, gets happy feet and air mails the damn thing. That's why people were screaming that Cutler sucks. Yes, he had some good plays, but he left a lot on the field and the interception was a back-breaker.

Earlier in the season, I strongly defended Cutler and pointed out that there were dropped footballs and missed blitz pickups, among other things, that were hurting the offense much more than he was. Tonight, I don't know that anything except for Damien Williams getting handoffs hurt the offense as much as Jay throwing air mail.

Sucked the life out of the team LMAO...

Panthers possessions

FG
TD
PUNT
TD
TD
TD
TD
TD
KNEEL to end game

Yeah, clearly the Cutler INT killed the momentum and the defense started to struggle from that point on. Spare me, the Dolphins defense was struggling from the start of the game. The fact that the Dolphins have come from behind a couple of times already this year, should tell anyone not to give up on the Dolphins offense. That's fine though, blame it all on a bad INT. No way the defense is just bad and is bad because they are bad. Nope, its clearly that they had the life sucked out of them.

The Panthers were averaging 18 points a ****ing game this year.

Not sure if you were watching but they got lit up for 45 points and allowed a QB who had thrown 10 TD and 11 INT to come in and eat them alive. Hmm, no your right, the Dolphins defense that had already given up a FG and TD to start the game was demoralized by Cutler INT and that cost this team the game. The same way it costed them against the Jets when....oh wait the Dolphins overcame a horrible INT from Moore and came back. The same defense that gave up when Atlanta was up big on them....yeah now that I think about it. It's probably that undeniably bad INT Cutler threw. Without that pass, who knows...Miami probably wins right?

Very concerning to see the defense give up completely like they did. That goes beyond schemes and talent, it speaks of a deeper issue.

Gase won't have a job soon. The team was extremely lucky to win the games they did last year and up against a weak schedule. This years schedule is anything but weak and the Dolphins are killing themselves on both sides of the ball far too often. The coaching as you suggest is a huge problem, as is the front office. This teams roster is not very good. Carolina has a stud filled roster and that was very apparent this evening.

Very concerning to see the defense give up completely like they did. That goes beyond schemes and talent, it speaks of a deeper issue.

Unfortunately Gase will be coach through at least the 2018 season though...so when I say soon, I'm talking about the kinda soon for a young HC that took his team to the playoffs last year. His clock is ticking very quickly right now. His only savior will be RT coming back and carrying this team to the playoffs next year. Unlikely but if that doesn't pan out, Gase should be shown the door. Which won't matter if the GM stays puts.

Was at the game and would like to add some notes.

1) Jesse Davis looked good and showed promise

2) Carolina lined up in press with One deep safety in centerfield ALL NIGHT and Miami didn’t try a deep ball to parker or stills once in iso coverage. Baffles my mind.

We're really gonna give Cutler credit for his stat line? We scored 14 of our 21 points in garbage time.

That's kinda how it works yeah, if he had thrown a 2nd INT at any point you would have talked **** about it. So why does it not count that his stat line was pretty respectable against the number 1 defense in all of football?

Did it not occur to you that the Panthers were averaging 18 points a game and just lit up the Dolphins defense like an XMAS tree for 45 ****ing points? Maybe if the Dolphins defense kept it under 30 and helped a little with the time of possession this game wouldn't have had a "garbage time"

I agree with you. Cutler INT was rough but let's be honest. They did put up 21 points on the number 1 defense that is giving up 17 points a game. They also put up 313 yards of total offense on a defense giving up 274 yards per game. When you consider how god awful the defense was and allowed the Panthers to own the time of possession 24 minutes to 35 minutes. It really wasn't too bad of a performance by the offense.

Then again reading through the game thread all I see is Cutler sucks...get rid of Stinkler....who threw for 2 TD and 1 INT against the best defense in football. While playing behind an O-line that cant block to save its life. Add in that the running game had 2 good runs. 1 for 66 yards and an 11 yard run. Then they promptly gained 23 yards on the other 14 rush attempts. Which is pitifully bad but I blame the O-line. That's squarely where the blame for this offenses struggles belong. Not only do they suck at blocking but they seem to be attempting to set a record with penalties. Most of which seem to negate 1st downs and big plays.
Cutler missed a lot of easy throws tonight and he was well protected. I can't give him a pass. And the last TD was garbage time.

All of the overpaid "veterans" are here for a singular purpose.

There is not a one of them that I care is back on the roster next year, including our overrated safeties.

But we can't replace them all, can we.

Gase won't have a job soon. The team was extremely lucky to win the games they did last year and up against a weak schedule. This years schedule is anything but weak and the Dolphins are killing themselves on both sides of the ball far too often. The coaching as you suggest is a huge problem, as is the front office. This teams roster is not very good. Carolina has a stud filled roster and that was very apparent this evening.
I don't see a lot of studs on Carolina. The Funchness monster is their best WR - we have 3 better than him. They have a skinny, shifty little rookie guy that looked good against us but cmon. Studs on D yes. On O, no.

We can say what want about the defense- and its fair that they get criticized after the last two weeks, but this offense is horrific.

The defense will give up basically when they realize they have no chance offensively ala Denver.

Unfortunately were not exaclty set up for next year cap
Or draft wise. Shout out to Drake Parker and Landry for effort tonight.

I can't tell if Kiko just has a low football IQ or simply isn't putting in the work off the field but he was lost all night long. Teams are simply isolating him and forcing him to make open field tackles and he is getting exposed left and right. Constantly making bad reads and out of position. Kiko to me, is the reason this defense struggled tonight.

There's that old saying that you're never as good as your best game and never as bad as your worst. The problem is it's hard to determine what game has been the worst. This team has been dominated by the Saints, the Jets, and Carolina.

It looks like a major rebuild on both sides of the ball with questions everywhere on offense on defense and the coaching staff.

It's actually hard to believe this was a close game in the final minutes of the first half. That interception by Cutler was a huge momentum swing, but the Miami defense was just atrocious in the second half. The second half was honestly one of the worst 30 minutes of football I've seen from the Dolphins in a long time.

Questions Moving Forward:

* Where does the rebuild begin? I've thought all year that fixing the offensive line would make this team a contender. That would definitely help. I mean one rushing touchdown the whole season and ineptness on short yardage has held this team back. But what about the defense?

* Is X. Howard the answer at corner? Tankersley has looked good, but Howard always seems to be out of position or not award of where the ball is. What are the opinions on him? I haven't seen all the games.

* Where is the pass rush? There is rarely pressure on the quarterback even with blitzing. This looks like a huge weakness.

* What do you do with veteran players? I guess the bigger question is whether Miami can put the pieces together quickly or do you start trading vets for more of a major rebuild?

* Drake and Williams looked good today for the most part, but I still think running back is a need.

* Is Gase the guy and what about his assistants? I think Gase has mostly overachieved with this group. But when he came out through the media talking about how players didn't know the plays that was a real eye opener. I don't know if that sent the right message. Doesn't seem like the team has played as hard since, or maybe it's just a severe lack of talent.

I'm definitely a disappointed fan.

Back
Top Bottom