Post Game Victory Speech | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Victory Speech

Oh, give him a break haha. He's definitely a reserved type of person, not a cheerleader type. Locker room looked good and happy there, we needed this win bad!

Who cares.....jeez you guys ripped Sparano and his style in the locker room. The players go for it so let it go.

It just doesn't look right. A post game victory speech should be something that comes from the heart, unaided. I just can't picture anyone I would consider a leader resorting to cue cards to give a short, motivational speech to their subordinates...

Well to be fair, that was only a 30 second snippet of the full speech. I'm sure there's more that just isn't getting shown.

Phibin's Post Game Speech

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...h_vs_CIN/a8f843ba-269d-4e79-b75b-c02caf7e0ccf I don't know he just doesn't seem to be a motivating speaker. He uses his notes and seems to be thinking real hard as he speaks which doesn't come across as being natural with the guys. Just my observations. Although I will say it was great to see players smiling and responding. What a difference a win makes.

It just doesn't look right. A post game victory speech should be something that comes from the heart, unaided. I just can't picture anyone I would consider a leader resorting to cue cards to give a short, motivational speech to their subordinates...

He has a list of talking points, so what? don't most organized and detailed people have the same? Any grown man with a clue understands its the message that counts. Your fixation on cue cards sounds like more of your problem than it is Philbin's.

Don't ever watch the President then!

I'd say this is a non issue. A lot of coaches (all levels and sports) take notes during games. I don't think any less of a coach for wanting to cover or say certain things and writing them down to make sure they get said.

I just posted this same thing. Sorry you beat me too it. I guess the notes thing isn't a big deal and perhaps other head coaches do the same. Just doesn't seem natural to me but everyone is different I guess. As long as players respond. What a difference a win makes as it was good to see players smiling and responding.

He has a list of talking points, so what? don't most organized and detailed people have the same? Any grown man with a clue understands its the message that counts. Your fixation on cue cards sounds like more of your problem than it is Philbin's.

Sorry, it looks weak, and I know it wouldn't motivate me if I were in the room listening to him. Looks impersonal and out of touch with the moment.

Really, how many talking points do they have to cover during a few minutes after a game? It's not like he was giving a State of the Union Address.

Who said I consider him a leader? We haven't had a real leader in the White House in decades...

Very true! Just saying that they can't give even the shortest of speeches without someone telling them what to say. Maybe it's an old man thing?

I'm not the biggest Philbin fan, but I can't say anything about having notes to make sure he hit on all the points he wants to make...it being professional

Back
Top Bottom