Post June 1st Cuts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post June 1st Cuts

Did a little deeper, and here is what you get with Grant...

In five years, he has had 93 Punt Returns... so about 19/year. On those returns, he has achieved a mere 3 TDs and averaged 9.9 yards per return.

So... if you figure that the average punt return in the NFL might be about 7 yards... his value is three extra yards per punt return and a TD every other year.

I'm not even remotely impressed by numbers like this. Not for league minimum, and especially not for 4M/year-- especially considering the audible CLANK sound every time something hits his hands.

I love Grant personality; I love how hard that he works... but his salary is ridiculously high and he is borderline useless in the passing game. I'd cut him on June 1st if I couldn't deal him. His money could go to a veteran pass rusher.

He’s an all-pro kick returner that holds 3 separate franchise records. He does have value.
Unless the team wants to use Waddle returning kicks, which I would probably only favor in the playoffs.

Bowden could have some return value, but Grant does excel as a returner.

He’s an all-pro kick returner that holds 3 separate franchise records. He does have value.
Just curious, when was Grant an all pro kick returner because I only remember last year as ap 2nd team all-pro punt returner?

Just curious, when was Grant an all pro kick returner because I only remember last year as ap 2nd team all-pro punt returner?

Just like making 2nd team Pro Bowl selection of 2nd team All-America is still considered to be a Pro Bowler or All-America player.

Just like making 2nd team Pro Bowl selection of 2nd team All-America is still considered to be a Pro Bowler or All-America player.
I think you missed the point. Kick and Punt returner are two different positions.

I realize many fans don't look at it in such "depth" as to differentiate, but they are listed seperately on the All Pro roster.

It was "nitpicking" given the context, but accuracy has it's place too.

we should be able to get an 8th round pick for him
I know Grant has not transcended into the WR that we all hoped for, but as a top return threat and "unique speed" barely average WR, he could still be worth a 4th-6th rounder for the right buyer. I do believe he will be traded or cut soon though.

Back
Top Bottom