Post June 1st Cuts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post June 1st Cuts

This all makes me wonder if the Dolphins find a way to turn some more of our players into trades for draft picks in 2022 and 2023?
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps, bubble players like Wilson, Grant etc. for lower round picks.

I wouldn't necessarily be shocked if Miami traded Gesicki, Parker or Byron Jones, although I hope that doesn't happen. Gesicki, in particular, is possible with his contract up at the end of the year.

Not that we want to lose either of those guys to injury, but do we really have anyone to replace Holland? Jones seems more of a SS. Waddle gives you the more dynamic returner and we do have a lot of depth there at least until we start filling up the injury report with the usual suspects.
Well, these guys are football players. Edelman, returned kicks and was a baller WR. Its just how how the league works. I am not all for it, like you I dont want Waddle or Holland injured. I'd love it if we sign a straight up returner.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps, bubble players like Wilson, Grant etc. for lower round picks.

I wouldn't necessarily be shocked if Miami traded Gesicki, Parker or Byron Jones, although I hope that doesn't happen. Gesicki, in particular, is possible with his contract up at the end of the year.
I'm leaning this way, myself.

Since Ingram is still in town, I'm betting that he is a done deal. We may have told him to hang loose; we are going to try to deal a player in the next few days. If we could find a taker for Grant, we could give Ingram that money and break even.

Well, these guys are football players. Edelman, returned kicks and was a baller WR. Its just how how the league works. I am not all for it, like you I dont want Waddle or Holland injured. I'd love it if we sign a straight up returner.
Sure but you don't typically have core players playing special teams. Do we really want to chance losing our starting FS with minimal depth in order to gain a handful of yards on punt returns. Seems a little reckless. Hill is the most dynamic player in football and he never returns punts for a reason.

Sure but you don't typically have core players playing special teams. Do we really want to chance losing our starting FS with minimal depth in order to gain a handful of yards on punt returns. Seems a little reckless. Hill is the most dynamic player in football and he never returns punts for a reason.
I dont want them doing it either. I wish teams would just sign Returners. Weird how most dont.

Edit: We need a beer truck driver like the Saints.

I dont want them doing it either. I wish teams would just sign Returners. Weird how most dont.

Edit: We need a beer truck driver like the Saints.
A couple of weeks ago, I looked up the top 4-5 Punt returners in the league and most of them were making a million or less (if I remember correctly). Grant's contract was, by far, the biggest of the bunch... and he has zero future in our regular offense.

If he made half of what he is making now, then he might make sense...

How about Wilson if he sticks? He's a shifty little guy. If he gets hurt, not a huge loss.
Im all for Wilson returning. If I had my way we would never use top tier players to return. I am worried that he comes from the Pats and they tend to use high value players to return.

We have Malcolm Perry and Lynn Bowden Jr. They both can be in the return field.

I think the term "usual" doesn't apply to the way Coach Flores is handling the team.

Remind me, who is our OC? See what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom