Post-Lockout Grade According to ESPN

DaDolfan25

Rookie
Reaction score
ESPN just posted a article with all grades for teams post-lockout. It is on ESPN insider so I know some may not be able to read it. Here is what Matt Williamson from Scouts Inc. said about the Fins.

Miami Dolphins

Key additions: Reggie Bush, Kevin Burnett, Matt Moore, Tony McDaniel (re-signed), Marc Colombo, Jason Taylor, Ronald Fields
Key losses: Ronnie Brown, Tyler Thigpen, Channing Crowder

Analysis: Miami hasn't gone out and grabbed a big-time quarterback, but I see this team as vastly improved. The Dolphins have improved the supporting cast around the quarterback position and have made life easier on Chad Henne. I also expect Miami to have one of the elite defenses in football this year. Bringing back McDaniel for depth is a valuable re-signing, but upgrading from Crowder to Burnett -- who offers a wider overall skill set -- makes a lot of sense, considering that, to thrive in this division, the Dolphins need to deal with the wide variety of offensive personnel groupings New England will throw at them. I have my doubts about how effective Bush will be here, though. To me, Bush -- a player I consider equal parts running back and wide receiver -- needs to be in an offense (such as the ones in New Orleans) that has a masterful playcaller and an elite quarterback. That doesn't sound like Miami to me.

Although I am one of the few experts out there who isn't yet ready to write off Henne, I am also very high on Moore. Moore just hasn't yet been given a true opportunity to show what he can do at this level. Also, as Taylor returns to his former club, he could be a great mentor for Koa Misi and act as a productive third outside linebacker and specialty player. Having Taylor in the locker room certainly can't hurt, either.

Grade: B-

Mcganiel

Starter
Reaction score
Wooooohooo. Positive stuff on this site, i just saw a pig fly by my window.

finfan54

Griese Club
Reaction score
BTW, is Ronald Fields making some noise? I heard Sparano mention this guy when talking about pairing down to 53.

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Good read but I think the grade is a little high. I give them a C, C-

LANGER72

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
The biggest addition was the subtraction of Dan Henning.

sinPHIN

Starter
Reaction score
espn is crap. i give a b. i like the reggie and burnett additions, but if colombo starts it drops to a c

uscalum

Scout Team
Reaction score
I disagree about that common reggie bush mantra....being an elite pass catching RB, means the QB doesn't have to be elite..passes to the RB are about as basic a throw as any QB will make...In fact a QB that is looking to build some confidence, like Henne possibly, will find it early and often by utilizing Bush...kind of like a shooter needing some FT's to get his shot going.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom