Votes: 80 57.6%
  • Daniel Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is a basic 5 guys whose stock is up, and 5 guys whose stock is down report:

Stock Up:

Chad Henne - He wasn't all world, but he was solid. Second game in a row he was showing his new found athleticism in the pocket. Looks more in command, looks more confident. He is going to have to hit that deep ball, and he still falls in love with his arm on occassion . . . but 0 INT's usually mean Chad had a good game.

Reggie Bush - Speed Kills . . . doesn't it? This guy was running with a chip on his shoulder in between the tackles . . . making guys miss. His speed is something we haven't seen, hell maybe never, from a RB on this team. Probably gotta go back to Mercury Morris lol. My MVP of the night . . . 16 yard checkdowns? Incredible.

Daniel Thomas - Still don't know wtf he was doing trying to dive from the 4 yard line and lost the ball . . . but did you see his feet? Dude has some quick feet . . . its no dancing here, its move and go for Thomas . . . and this rookie is already showing promise in his blitz pickup . . . he was stoning guys. I'm sure Henne appreciates it.

Kevin Burnett - You saw last night why he is on this team and Crowder is not. Dude is just light years better in coverage than Channing ever was. And more importantly, it allows Karlos Dansby to do whatever the hell we want him to do. Burnett was all over the place . . . solid tackler, solid coverage . . . solid pickup.

Dedrick Epps - I think it is more than obvious that he has moved in front of Mastrund as the clear #2 TE. Dude had another great catch this week and man he is a pretty darn good blocker too. Honestly, he was a great pickup for Miami last year and I'm surprised he didn't get more burn but he looks ready to go and maybe, just maybe we have a suitable #2 who can help stretch the field at TE for Miami. He has the measurables to be solid and the U is known for churning out some good TE's.

Stock Down:

Nolan Carroll - This guy has went from roster "lock" to behind 7th round pick Jimmy Wilson in the span of 2 games. Not good. He was getting trucked all over last night. He wasn't particulary great in coverage either, though Carolina's QBs didn't have the best night throwing in general. With his value on kickoffs diminished by the addition of Clyde Gates and the new rule . . . he could be hoping Will Allen doesn't make it back to sniff out that #5 CB role.

Marlon Moore - When you get a chance like that Marlon, you gotta convert. Matt Moore laid the pass on your hands, and you dropped it? You were a longshot regardless as you were behind Wallace in special teams performance and behind Livas as a returner . . . but now you are probably all but out of here with that drop. You can't have those. Your speed isn't as big of a factor as it was last year because we have speed now. I don't think he makes it.

Phillip Livas - If this kid wants a spot, he needs consistency. It is clear that it doesn't take much to bring him down . . . he isn't Josh Cribbs in the aspect that he can break tackles . . . we saw last week that he fell off of 3 shoestring tackles and this week he was overwhelmed. I think if you start seeing more Gates and maybe even Carroll back on returns, that could be the end for him as well.

AJ Edds - He was so solid last week, he had to come down some. He just doesn't seem very strong at the POA. Much better as a nickel LB in coverage. He was getting bullied up close on a few occassions. He was still solid in coverage for the most part and he is still a lock to make this team, but we saw last night why he was a 4th round pick instead of a first or 2nd rounder, he doesn't have the top level athleticism. 16 reps at the combine, not great for a LB and for a guy his size. Honestly he may be better as an OLB in the 4-3 when its all said and done. He lost alot of playing time when we signed Burnett. I don't see him or Dansby getting off the field much.

Jason Trusnik - Definitely hasn't looked very spectacular IMO. I have seens Edds flash, and last night, both Francis and Marvin Mitchell put in solid performances. You almost had to believe when we signed Jason, he was a lock to make this roster, and he still might make it . . . but if I'm doing numbers . . . I count 8 guys at LB potentially ahead of him . . . and you have to wonder how many we are going to keep. He is versatile, meaning he can play inside and outside, so he has that going for him.

Postive Honorable Mention - The Starting Offensive Line:

Mike Pouncey - This guy was a BEAST last night, he was dominating inside. The high snaps were disturbing though, he had atleast 5 high snaps. He has gotta get that fixed in time for the regular season. I still think he would be great at LG for us. He is going to be a great player for the Dolphins for many years.

Lydon Murtha - The penalties were terrible . . . but was this guy winning his battles last night or what? Man Murtha is improved . .. glad we didn't give up on this kid, great depth at tackle and the upside is there to get even better. Could be your clear cut starting RT next year ... or maybe even this year.

Vernon Carey - Vernon looks like he is starting to sette in a bit at RG. Started kind of slow again, but the holes were getting bigger as the half went on. Carey has all the tools to be a great guard . . . this could be a sneaky good move if we get some consistency at RT.

Ritchie Incogntio - Still don't care much for his ability when he is asked to move around . . . but he can win battles up front and he did well last night in that regard.

Mark Colombo - I honestly didn't watch much of Mark last night . . . I was focusing more on the interior and Murtha, but Henne had no sacks and that is a start. If I get around to watching the replay I'll look at him more, sure somebody will give a better analysis of his play before the next game.

Negative Honorable Mention

Anthony Fasano - Stop dropping passes . . . you led us in receiving last night, but a big part of that was Henne making a play out of the high snap, moving and finding you. You have a chance to have a real big year but nobody is confident in you right now. Tighten up bro.

Overall

Great job by the Dolphins last night. They dominated TOP and the defense didn't allow them to get near scoring range until like the 4th quarter. No INT's. Real solid performace and a WIN AT HOME.

I agree with everything... Drops on offense AND defense have to be taken care of if we really want to make some noise.

I don't know how to put this without getting killed on here, but the way Henne was escaping the rush, moving out of the pocket, and either throwing on the run, or running for + yardage.....Big Ben came to mind. Now before I get slammed, remember, I never said he would BECOME him, his style of play REMINDED me of him. Although, I could live with similar results!!

Agree with everything. I'd add Marvin Mitchell to the stock up. I think he made the team last night and looks like a thumper that we're going to need. He should replace Spitler who is just trash. I thought Matt Moore had another very good showing. That one throw he made, absolutely incredible. Gates stock went up. He continues to blow past his defenders often. Now can a QB hit him, please...

Agree with everything. I'd add Marvin Mitchell to the stock up. I think he made the team last night and looks like a thumper that we're going to need. He should replace Spitler who is just trash. I thought Matt Moore had another very good showing. That one throw he made, absolutely incredible. Gates stock went up. He continues to blow past his defenders often. Now can a QB hit him, please...

Yea i agree on Mitchell and Gates, the 2 throws Moore had, both to Marlon Moore, were things of beauty. Guy has some nice touch. He did have the fumble . . . sometimes you gotta tuck that thing away and take the sack . . . but most definitely another good showing from Moore. I think our QB position has improved from last year, and the addition of speed and the difference in philosophy can potentially make this an exciting year on offense for the Dolphins.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind, if healthy, this team will be a better offensive team this season.

I don't know how to put this without getting killed on here, but the way Henne was escaping the rush, moving out of the pocket, and either throwing on the run, or running for + yardage.....Big Ben came to mind. Now before I get slammed, remember, I never said he would BECOME him, his style of play REMINDED me of him. Although, I could live with similar results!!

I think even Henne's worst critic has to notice how much more athletic he looks physically and on the field these past 2 games. It's those things that should be given notice, because you combine that with the "leadership" role he has taken this offseason, as a Dolphins fan you gotta say, "damn, the guy is trying to get better" . . . and honestly that is all you can ask. If he isn't good enough, than so be it . . . but I appreciate the effort he is putting in, despite the trouble the fans have given him this offseason. He hasn't given up and I hope he is able to prove all the doubters wrong . . . because that will make everybody happy (except for the select few idiots who probably are trolling Jets fans on this board) in the end.

Stock Up:

Brian Daboll: Play calling was vanilla since it was a preseason game but clearly this guy is light years ahead of Dan Henning. He showed creativity and the ability to call plays designed to getting balls into the play makers hands (Bush, Marshall). It was nice to see 5 receiver sets on 3rd and long. I know he ran it into the line 4 consecutive plays on the goal line, but part of me just thinks that was the Dolphins not wanting to give anyone film on other plays they might call.

Clyde Gates: I know he didn't have a catch and his only reverse went for a loss but this guy needs to be on the field more. Henne just overthrew him on the long pass which would have been an easy TD. On the play no one on defense could keep up with him, and there was help over the top. Two plays later he was back on the field on third and long and everyone on D had there eyes on him. Because of that Bess had a one on one which he easily beat to pick up the first down.

Stock Down:

Hartline: I have been a fan of Hartline for a while now, but with Gates showing off the speed which opens up everything on offense, Hartline's role should decrease. He is a lock to make the team and should be our number 2 receiver to start the year, but if Gates keeps improving I hope he overtakes him by midpoint of the year.

i actually think the same thing, but one huge caveat. Big Ben breaks Sack tackles and then makes plays as well, but Ben on the run is dangerous from throwing standpoint and his size makes him tougher to bring down.

Stock Up:

Brian Daboll: Play calling was vanilla since it was a preseason game but clearly this guy is light years ahead of Dan Henning. He showed creativity and the ability to call plays designed to getting balls into the play makers hands (Bush, Marshall). It was nice to see 5 receiver sets on 3rd and long. I know he ran it into the line 4 consecutive plays on the goal line, but part of me just thinks that was the Dolphins not wanting to give anyone film on other plays they might call.

Clyde Gates: I know he didn't have a catch and his only reverse went for a loss but this guy needs to be on the field more. Henne just overthrew him on the long pass which would have been an easy TD. On the play no one on defense could keep up with him, and there was help over the top. Two plays later he was back on the field on third and long and everyone on D had there eyes on him. Because of that Bess had a one on one which he easily beat to pick up the first down.

Stock Down:

Hartline: I have been a fan of Hartline for a while now, but with Gates showing off the speed which opens up everything on offense, Hartline's role should decrease. He is a lock to make the team and should be our number 2 receiver to start the year, but if Gates keeps improving I hope he overtakes him by midpoint of the year.

I didnt see the game last night but to me it doesnt matter who is #2, 3 or whatever! Whoever is open gets the ball and Hartline has made big plays and is said to be getting seperation. Gates has to learn more on deep routes and controlling his speed. That will come with experience. Wait til mid season to see the developement.

Nice write up.

It was nice to beat a team we should have beaten, pretty soundly I might add, at home.

Seems like we haven't had that happen in quite awhile.

Chadbot had a solid game, but Reggie was in beast mode. Also have to credit the OL for creating some running lanes.

yeah...epps stock does appear up...saw him getting some run with the first team goalline unit on those 4 plays from within the 5...looks like he's the #2 te at least for now...mastrud shouldn't even be in an nfl camp let alone playing

daniel thomas i wanted to bite thru my lip when i saw the way he ran on the goalline early...trying to jump the pile from the 5 yard line...what the heck...got popped also doin it...and then the next play he looked timid...didn't like what i saw those first 2 plays...but later on those great feet were on full display...and he seemed to run with a little better pad level which is critical to him not taking big shots...the feet and the vision were very apparent yesterday...finally showed some skills...blitz pickup saw him stone a lb in the backfield giving henne time to throw

mike pouncey that guys a player...great athlete he was moving cats off the ball yesterday...i know the panthers d front especially on the inside is hot garbage but pouncey really showed well yesterday...really like what i see there...shotgun snaps an adventure but he was sustaining blocks and solid contact and just moving people yesterday

reggie looked great...but we better watch running that 205 lb guy inside too much...8 carries between the tackles against a solid dline and we may regret it...and good luck putting a lb on him in coverage in the middle of the field...already think we are using bush more wisely than the saints did...where in a lot of ways they used him just like you would any run of the mill back...have to keep him healthy though...offense has a much more explosive element with him on the field...

the first team units as a whole did what they should do...beat up on a bad football team...the panthers d front was gassed in the second quarter...

It was a good 2nd preseason game.....Henne needs to finish, thats what I want to see from him next week is finish....this team is not ready for the Pats yet but were getting there.....I like what I see

Good thread. I hope you keep them coming every week.

daniel thomas stock most def went up on my board, Power + speed + vision from thomas yesterday, he gets the most of the carry is what i love, no dancing, no thing, just see the hole and hit it.

Back
Top Bottom