Post Preseason Game #3: Stock Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Preseason Game #3: Stock Report

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
After a Great Week of upward trends against the Panthers, the stocks came crashing down against the Bucs.

Stock Up

Chad Henne - He was accurate, he showed touch, he looks like he is showing much better command when at the line of scrimmage and he is chillin on the sidelines with Fasano and Marshall. What Chad Henne is this? The pass to Marshall was a thing of beauty. Started off slow on that first play, but he dusted himself off and led the troops. The OLine was terrible, and Henne still performed well . . . good to see. To quote someone in the chat last night "If the OLine is this bad, Chad Henne may have to carry us this year". The Henne haters are still making noises, although they are smaller noises, but the attention maybe focused on the OLine going forward. As for Henne, gotta get that ball in the endzone a little more . . . but the improvements are visible, very visible.

Kevin Burnett - I was a Crowder guy, but man Burnett is a major upgrade. He tackles well, he pressures the QB, he sticks to his man in coverage, he can play all 3 downs. The guy was all over the field last night. Miami really hit a homerun with this pickup.

Brandon Marshall - Yea he fumbled . . . but we saw the BEAST last night. Dude was breaking tackles, stiff arming, YAC, etc. They may have been forcing the passes to Brandon early on, but that communication seems clear. In Henning's offense, Henne's guy was Davone Bess . . . in Daboll's offense, his guy is Brandon Marshall. That is a great thing.

Vontae Davis - Vontae took alot of heat for his comments, but he came to play last night. Solid in coverage, picked off a Freeman pass early while blanketing Mike Williams though it was called back. He had another chance at a pickoff on a deflection but dropped it. Solid tackler, glad he showed up last night . . . he definitely had some spring in his step.

Jason Trusnick - After landing in my "Stock Down" category last week . . . Mr. Trusnick showed up big time. He was a clear force on special teams. I believe he had atleast 3 tackles on special teams. He came in on defense and was applying pressure and making sure tackles as well. I honestly think he probably made the team last night. Offers that position versatility and is clearly a solid special teamer.

Stock Down

The Offensive Line - Absolutely DREADFUL. They lost every battle on every snap. Murtha/Colombo were TERRIBLE on the ends. Vernon Carey was getting beat and at times looked a little lost. 17 carries and 22 yards says it all. Take away Pouncey, we are just too unathletic on this line w/o big Jake . . . who for the LOVE OF GOD make it back in time for New England. Once again we provided no push on goalline situations, Polite was stuffed on a 3rd and 1, Henne was feeling pressure the entire game. It was bad and I didn't even talk about the penalties, smh.

Sean Smith - You starting this **** again bro? Dropping picks, half azz tackles and what was up with the "pop up" attempt when you got beat? Dude got like an extra 20 yards because of it. Vontae backed his talk up, but you played awful last night. Get it together man, because Jimmy Wilson ain't playin.

Phillip Livas - 2nd week in a row he makes it on the stock down list, and Miami is probably going to start looking for replacements. He doesn't break tackles, he isn't a burner, he doesn't play WR and when teams get a hold of him, they throw him back. PS guy if he clears waivers . . . don't see him making it unless he has an unbelieveable 4th game.

Roberto Wallace - I like Wallace, but he has been AWOL the last two weeks and there was even some miscommunication between him and the QB tonight. Looks like Sparano was giving him an earful as well after one play. Plus he hasn't been as noticeable on special teams either. Not good. I still think he makes it, but he isn't nearly as much of alock as he was after the first game. Still has tremendous upside.

Lou Polite - His time may be up in Miami. The line was bad, but he was well short on a 3rd and 1 opportunity and he is usually money there. Haven't really seen much of him this preseason, but he isn't a standout blocker and he is very mehhh as an offensive weapon. I dunno, I think he could end up being one of those "surprise cuts" when its all said and done . . . though I know it won't be a surprise to a few people.

Honorable Mentions

Jimmy Wilson - Jimmy is a BALLER and a 7th round steal. He can hit, he can break up passes and he has been consistent. He is an offical LOCK, no doubt in my mind. He is gonna light some people up on special teams this year.

Marloon Moore - I saw you . . . what a catch man. I like to see that, and another catch and run similar to that Raiders play last season. Way to stick in there and improve off the drop seen around the world last week. With Livas dropping off and Wallace AWOL the last 2 weeks, you may have a shot afterall. Keep it up.

Brandon Fields - We know you're a beast, you killed again sir.

Negative Honorable Mention

The refs - Made the game unbearable to watch. I couldn't even focus on alot of the 2nd half and I refuse to rewatch it . . . it was bad living through once, I won't do it again. They called everything. I think they were around 26 or 27 penalties. At times I got mad at them throwing flags on Tampa. Brutal.

Overall

Being optimistic, you take away the OLine play, the Fins didn't play bad. Henne for the most part was sharp, Marshall played big, the defense let some middle of the field stuff go but they didn't break. The OLine is a HUGE question mark going into the final week and into the first game. Jake Long can't get better soon enough, but we are gonna need more than his health to have a solid unit. I'm expecting some moves to be made this week. Enough is enough.

All good but Henne is still a good b/up.............
30axob9-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i really think a lot of people are unfortunately taking hennes numbers out of context. Henne still has zero pocket presence and that in it self is going to los us games since our Oline is not going to give him time to get comfortable.

Bad OL and all, we played the Buc's first string tough. Marshall doesn't fumble and we go into the half up 14-3. Very good signs...

i really think a lot of people are unfortunately taking hennes numbers out of context. Henne still has zero pocket presence and that in it self is going to los us games since our Oline is not going to give him time to get comfortable.

zero pocket presence? I think people confuse the word "zero" with "could have shown better". Don't say zero because there have been plenty of instances this preseason where he has shown his "pocket presence". Also, the OLine sucked last night, there was pressure on every play. Freeman at times had days to throw and Henne still outplayed him.

All good but Henne is still a good b/up.............

When is your birthday? I'm going to buy you a violin. Then at least you won't be singing a capella when you start up with this sad little song of yours again.

Agree on all points. Excellant evaluation. Watch out Omar this guy wants your job.

I was unable to watch but glad to see that Jimmy Wilson is still beasting it up. I was blown away by reading reports on how fast he is picking this up and how he is just straight ballin. One reason we let go of Sheets (JUST ONE OF THEM) is how good this guy will be on special teams and I cant wait to see as we go through the season to see if he gets looks at nickel DB.

This guy WANTS IT BAD and seems to know better than most that this is a privilege not a right, glad to see many people think he is a lock because if he is on the 53 man look for him to be an impact on special teams and even have packages on D.

I was unable to watch but glad to see that Jimmy Wilson is still beasting it up. I was blown away by reading reports on how fast he is picking this up and just straight ballin. One reason we let go of Sheet (JUST ONE OF THEM) is how good this guy will be on special teams and I cant wait to see as we go through the season to see if he gets looks at nickel DB.

This guy WANTS IT BAD and seems to know better than most that this is a privilege not a right, glad to see many people think he is a lock because if he is on the 53 man look for him to be an impact on special teams and even have packages on D.

Jimmy had a play last night where he came over the top of the defender, didn't touch the guy, and knocked the ball away before the WR could catch it. I mean that is instincts right there. I wasn't a huge fan of the move to CB, but that is why I'm not a coach, because he seems like a natural at CB.

Real good story, especially with what he has been through.

Jimmy had a play last night where he came over the top of the defender, didn't touch the guy, and knocked the ball away before the WR could catch it. I mean that is instincts right there. I wasn't a huge fan of the move to CB, but that is why I'm not a coach, because he seems like a natural at CB.

Real good story, especially with what he has been through.

I think one of the great compliments you can pay a guy is that he is..."he is just a football player" in more hip terms "he is a balla"

This guy looks passionate and plays with an aggression which I think Nolan just loves and because of it will get more and more chances as he develops...and in my eyes he is not a DB or CB he is just a football player

Henne looked good despite the fact that the o-line gave him no time. Pressure was coming from everywhere on the sacks, on the fumble I thought that if it had gone rule an incomplete pass, looked like his arm was going forward

Back
Top Bottom