Post Week 15 Playoff Thread (2 Games to Go)

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Miami officially controls their own destiny into the playoffs with 2 weeks to go, thanks to a Denver Broncos loss:

Miami can no longer get the 1/2/3/4 seed in the AFC playoffs. New England is your official AFC East division Winner.

Can We Clinch Next Week?

YES!! If we defeat Buffalo and Denver loses @ KC. We will have clinched a playoff spot.

Can We Be Eliminated Next Week?

NOPE!! We are 1 game clear of every other Wild Card competing team in the AFC. We cannot be Eliminated until Week 17 at the earliest.

For Miami to get the 6 seed

11-5 - Miami would guarantee themselves the 6 seed and have serious aspirations about the 5 seed
10-6 - Miami would have lost one of their final two games (@ NYJ & vs. NE) AND Denver would have to lose at least 1 of their final two games (@ KC & vs. Oak). If Denver were to win their final 2 games, Miami would need KC to lose their final 2 games so KC can win the tiebreak over Denver (division tiebreak) and we can win the tiebreak over KC (common games tiebreak). This scenario would guarantee us the 6 seed, and possibly the 5 seed (see below)
9-7 - Miami would have lost both of their final games and they need a bunch of stuff to go their way including: Denver going 0-2, Baltimore going 0-2, Buffalo going 1-1 (they would edge us out via strength of victory), Tennessee going 0-2, etc. Just an unimaginable situation, one that will merit more analysis if we lose next week and see the other results.

For Miami to get the 5 seed

11-5 - Miami would need Kansas City to lose at least one of their last 2 games and Oakland to win at least one of their last 2 games. Oakland would win the division and we would beat KC on tiebreak (common games).
10-6 - Miami would need Kansas City to lose both of their final 2 games and either Baltimore or Pittsburgh to finish 9-7. KC wins any tiebreak vs. Denver in the AFC West due to Division Record and we own the tiebreak over KC (common games). However if Baltimore and Pittsburgh both finish 10-6, Baltimore would win the division and in a 3 way race between KC/Miami/Pittsburgh . . . Pittsburgh is the 5 seed because of the best conference record (4 losses). Miami and KC would have 5 conference losses and Miami wins the tiebreak via common games to maintain the 6 seed.
9-7 - No chance to get the 5 seed

Hope this helps a bit. Today really hurt our 9-7 chances, but increased our 10-6 chances and our 5th seed chances, while also allowing us to control our own destiny no matter what.

Great day overall!

Last edited by a moderator:

NBP81

Yippi ka yay mother******!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
So basically Miami wins 1 and Denver loses 1 and we're in... I like our chances...

NBP81

Yippi ka yay mother******!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Santa better step his ****ing game up!

Dolfan5000

Mark my words, I'll get mine
Reaction score
This should be stickied for the following week. It's all we need to know in terms of playoff possibilities. Great post Kdawg.

Kdawg954

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
So basically Miami wins 1 and Denver loses 1 and we're in... I like our chances...
We could clinch next week with a Miami win and a Denver loss . . . that's it.

If NE wins at home vs. the Jets and Oakland loses against Indy . . . then NE is in the clear for home field and have nothing to play for in week 17, which would benefit us in trying to get that 5 seed.

Phinsfan93

Second String
Reaction score
Winning in Buffalo basically guarantees us a spot because the Broncos are not beating the Chiefs and Raiders; which would eliminate us.

If Oakland wins their next two games then Brady is going to suit up against us in week 17 to try to get the #1 seed. We saw how well that worked for them last year :D

Phinsfan93

Second String
Reaction score
A bit OT but if we win in Buffalo the NFL might as well hand Gase the COTY award.

Kdawg954

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Winning in Buffalo basically guarantees us a spot because the Broncos are not beating the Chiefs and Raiders; which would eliminate us.

If Oakland wins their next two games then Brady is going to suit up against us in week 17 to try to get the #1 seed. We saw how well that worked for them last year :D
Yea I would be shocked if Denver goes into KC and knocks them off next week. That place will be jumping. I think we win next Saturday and we will be talking about a playoff clinching win.

VBCheeseGrater

Not Quite A Shredder
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Great post, well laid out.

Just officially controlling our own destiny feels great. 10 other AFC teams are looking up at us with envy.

We're back.

Phinsfan93

Second String
Reaction score
Yea I would be shocked if Denver goes into KC and knocks them off next week. That place will be jumping. I think we win next Saturday and we will be talking about a playoff clinching win.
Any given Sunday unfortunately

Top Bottom