potential Cy Young award winner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

potential Cy Young award winner?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Is the D-Train a Cy Young award winner? he is on pace to win over 20 games and has an excellant ERA plus a great winning pct. I don't follow baseball too much, just enough to know the big awards, the world series winner, and some other big news things. I am strictly a Marlin fan and not a real baseball fan. But I think Willis is a real Cy Young award candidate at this point. What do you die-hard baseball fans think of him?

nick19991 said:
Is the D-Train a Cy Young award winner? he is on pace to win over 20 games and has an excellant ERA plus a great winning pct. I don't follow baseball too much, just enough to know the big awards, the world series winner, and some other big news things. I am strictly a Marlin fan and not a real baseball fan. But I think Willis is a real Cy Young award candidate at this point. What do you die-hard baseball fans think of him?

The guy is great. I love that Marlins staff, but in all honesty, I don't see him winning it over Pedro.

Roy Halladay I think can win another CY Young if Jays can be in the thick of things come playoff time and if he keeps his solid play up.

YA Chicago is having a great season but theres still a lot of games left.

The Marlins have taken a HUGE nosedive after starting the season promisingly. Luckily Willis is having a gem of a season (at the plate too!), hopefully he can keep it up.

spydertl79 said:
Someone for the White Sox will probably win it.

Buehrle is the only potential and I dont think he'll keep this up all season. Halladay has won it before, and I think he has a good shot. Colon is pitching well also and has a shot I think. In the NL I think Pedro, Willis and Clemens if the team would give him some run support. His ERA and Ks are both better than Willis and you know voters would love to see him win it again.

I think Dontrelle has a good shot as does Pedro....might depend on which team has the better year....I am a Phils fan so I just want to win the NL East. :)

Right now, it looks like its coming down to Pedro and Dontrelle in the NL. Since Clemens won it last year, I think the voters will be loath to give it to him again unless he laps the field.

Pedro's numbers are amazing. And his bullpen has blown a few wins for him. In a bigger market. More media attention on him. Pedro is the front-runner. D-Train a close second.

MikeO said:
Pedro's numbers are amazing. And his bullpen has blown a few wins for him. In a bigger market. More media attention on him. Pedro is the front-runner. D-Train a close second.

You sure have changed your tune since the offseason...

:laughat:

MikeO said:
No on D-Train. No, No, No! Just No. Smoltz is just a better pitcher on every level. D-Train is more media hype than anything else. A nice 4th pitcher in the rotation, but he isn't anything special.

:0wned:

Back
Top Bottom