Potential Draft Day Steals | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Draft Day Steals

There's something suspicious about all those Pitt pro day times. Universally they're at least a tenth slower than you'd expect, maybe two-tenths.

Like to see I am the first and maybe only person who is a big Anthony Schwartz fan.

Just ran a blistering 4.26 40 at his pro day. Watch it, his first 10 and 20 yards are holy **** level of burst.

Better receiver than most people would give him credit for tougher than people would give him credit for and definitely take the top off the defense better than anyone mid round or later. May never been a big-time impact #1 but more so than other guys I have watched only needs the defense to make one mistake a game and he will certainly make them pay.

You know Flo loved auburn guys last year bet he kept tabs in him this year as well.

Like to see I am the first and maybe only person who is a big Anthony Schwartz fan.

Just ran a blistering 4.26 40 at his pro day. Watch it, his first 10 and 20 yards are holy **** level of burst.

Better receiver than most people would give him credit for tougher than people would give him credit for and definitely take the top off the defense better than anyone mid round or later. May never been a big-time impact #1 but more so than other guys I have watched only needs the defense to make one mistake a game and he will certainly make them pay.

You know Flo loved auburn guys last year bet he kept tabs in him this year as well.
Grant has hands of glue compared to Schwartz.....he is fast,tho.

Is he a better receiver than most people give him credit for? I feel like he's not.

No. Pass. Speed in shorts and speed alone and pads does not make thy a good football player, alone. Too invisible in games at times to trust.

unless 5th round or later..maybe I take a flyer

Grant has hands of glue compared to Schwartz.....he is fast,tho.

A weapon is a weapon, I see him as far better then grant and at 20 another young guy with tons to learn.

Best part of scouting is you know you get some wrong, but feels good when you get one right

No. Pass. Speed in shorts and speed alone and pads does not make thy a good football player, alone. Too invisible in games at times to trust.

unless 5th round or later..maybe I take a flyer

Oh yeah 5th or so for sure, but a weapon is a weapon. Skill set has use in the NFL today. Hard to outflank speed like that.

NFL scouts got an eyeful of one of the nation's fastest draft prospects on Thursday in Schwartz (6-0, 186 pounds), who posted a blazing 4.26-second clocking in the 40-yard dash, per the school. Schwartz established himself as a world-class sprinter in high school with eye-popping 100-meter dash times in track, including a world youth record 10.15 seconds in 2017. If NFL clubs are looking for a vertical threat in Schwartz, however, he's more of a projection. As a receiver at Auburn, he was productive if not consistently explosive, making 117 career receptions, but with per-catch averages (10.7 in 2019, 11.8 in 2020) that were modest, given his speed. Struggles in Auburn's passing attack as a whole played a role in those results.

write up from nfl.com..not many yards per catch for all that speed..is it all chalked up to bad qb play? Doubtful

Really diggin' Tutu Atwell, Kylin Hill, and Jabril Cox at the moment.

Currently at a 4rd draft looking like:

Chase
Barmore
Atwell
Cox
Elijah Molden
Hill

Last edited:
NFL scouts got an eyeful of one of the nation's fastest draft prospects on Thursday in Schwartz (6-0, 186 pounds), who posted a blazing 4.26-second clocking in the 40-yard dash, per the school. Schwartz established himself as a world-class sprinter in high school with eye-popping 100-meter dash times in track, including a world youth record 10.15 seconds in 2017. If NFL clubs are looking for a vertical threat in Schwartz, however, he's more of a projection. As a receiver at Auburn, he was productive if not consistently explosive, making 117 career receptions, but with per-catch averages (10.7 in 2019, 11.8 in 2020) that were modest, given his speed. Struggles in Auburn's passing attack as a whole played a role in those results.

write up from nfl.com..not many yards per catch for all that speed..is it all chalked up to bad qb play? Doubtful

I agree it isn’t all QB play, some is his rawness or lack of polish. Some is QB play and some was Malzans system, which isn’t vertical at all. Speed guys are used to outflank not take the top off.

And why does anyone think a guy who can go in the top 100 is a sleeper? I feel like sports where the draft is as numerous as MLB or the NFL if you can go in the top 100 you arent sleeping on anyone. 5th round or later is a sleeper guy IMO. how does a guy drafted at 60 becoming an all pro surprise people?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom