Potential Draft Day Steals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Draft Day Steals

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
One or two potential steals per position.

Quarterback
Kyle Trask --- He reminds me a little bit of Nick Foles. Probably a third round pick, who could do better than some drafted in front of him.

Running Back
Rhamondre Stevenson and Trey Sermon -- Sermon has had to overcome injuries, Stevenson needs work on receiving, but both are bigger backs who could help Miami.

Offensive Line
Walter Little --- The Stanford offensive tackle was once viewed as a potential top 15 pick. Could be a bargain perhaps late round 2 or early round 3.

Wide Receiver
Tamorian Terry FSU/D'Wayne Eskridge -- A bigger wide receiver, Terry seems to be lost in the shuffle a bit. Small school sleeper, Eskridge has speed to burn.

Defensive End
Patrick Jones -- Jones last impression during Senior Bowl week was underwhelming. But he has some really good tape. As a potential 3rd/4th rounder, Jones could be a steal.

Defensive Tackle
Marvin Wilson/Jaylen Twyman --- Projected as a top 15 talent after the 2019 season, Wilson struggled in 2020. If he can get back to his 2019 form, Wilson has a chance to make an impact in the NFL. Twyman is undersized, but he can rush the passer from the inside.

LInebacker
Paddy Fisher --- More of a run stuffer that may be a two-down, rotational linebacker.

Secondary
Ar'Darius Washington -- Very instinctive safety, but undersized.

Last edited:
QB Mac Jones
RB Elijah Mitchell
WR Fitzgerald
OL Humphrey, Dickerson, Meinerz
DT Bobby Brown
DE Cam Sample
OLB Ellerson Smith
MLB Errol Thompson
CB DJ Daniel
S Richard Lecounte

QB Mac Jones
RB Elijah Mitchell
WR Fitzgerald
DT Bobby Brown
DE Cam Sample
OLB Ellerson Smith
MLB Errol Thompson
CB DJ Daniel
S Richard Lecounte
Mac Jones might be a top 15 or top 10 pick..no sure that qualifies quite as a "steal" *shrug*

QB Mac Jones
RB Elijah Mitchell
WR Fitzgerald
DT Bobby Brown
DE Cam Sample
OLB Ellerson Smith
MLB Errol Thompson
CB DJ Daniel
S Richard Lecounte
Cam Sample is interesting for Miami, along with all the OL you listed.

Not being a Gator home (really!) but if Toney slips past the 1st round..he could be another steal if he keeps developing as a WR and keeps his head on straight and in the game. He can also do some RB Stuff, jet sweeps, and return at least punts..just needs to decide whether he wants to be a rapper or a NFL player..his rap game is no joke, from what I've heard.

Not being a Gator home (really!) but if Toney slips past the 1st round..he could be another steal if he keeps developing as a WR and keeps his head on straight and in the game. He can also do some RB Stuff, jet sweeps, and return at least punts..just needs to decide whether he wants to be a rapper or a NFL player..his rap game is no joke, from what I've heard.
That is why I want Waddle. He can be that do everything guy

That is why I want Waddle. He can be that do everything guy
They're kinda similar, somewhat, Toney and Waddle...Toney has more wiggle and stop and start to him and Waddle is more hit it and go guy with more top end speed..I prefer Waddle (see not a homer) but not @ 3 and I would be happy with either..Waddle at 18 (not gonna happen, likely) or Toney if we love him @ 18 or trade down would not disappoint me! I'm not even against taking 3 WR's this draft and a RB or two..more the merrier! Pitts is my favorite but i trust the staff and such!

Back
Top Bottom