Potential Draft Day Steals | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Draft Day Steals

Really good list. I've seen some Imatorbhebhe highlights and he looks really physical. His vertical jump was unreal, which had me searching.

Sample is another that I would add. I think he has some position flexibility, which is big for Flores.
Yeah..I’d need to see some tape. Beware the “workout Warriors!”

The funny part about peoples' fascination with Anthony Schwartz's world class speed is that you can have both. You can have a guy that fast AND one that is actually a good, instinctive, natural, perhaps even polished football player.

Miami just signed one. On a football field there's virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and Will Fuller. There's also virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and a number of gifted football players in this draft, including Jaylen Waddle, D'Wayne Eskridge, and Tutu Atwell.
I'm like Schwartz alot, I can't say that without thinking about the movie Space Balls. I'm not saying draft him as a potential go to receiver in the early rounds, but if you take him in the mid to late rounds I think you have someone who "could be" a faster version of Kenny Stills in a year or two.

I'm like Schwartz alot, I can't say that without thinking about the movie Space Balls. I'm not saying draft him as a potential go to receiver in the early rounds, but if you take him in the mid to late rounds I think you have someone who "could be" a faster version of Kenny Stills in a year or two.
Kenny Stills? IDK..can he catch!? Scwartz, that is? He never did a ton when we played auburn (florida)..I know that much..speed to burn, though!

Like to see I am the first and maybe only person who is a big Anthony Schwartz fan.

Just ran a blistering 4.26 40 at his pro day. Watch it, his first 10 and 20 yards are holy **** level of burst.

Better receiver than most people would give him credit for tougher than people would give him credit for and definitely take the top off the defense better than anyone mid round or later. May never been a big-time impact #1 but more so than other guys I have watched only needs the defense to make one mistake a game and he will certainly make them pay.

You know Flo loved auburn guys last year bet he kept tabs in him this year as well.
I didn't see his pro day...I did see a lot of Auburn games. Impact rarely made.

Like to see I am the first and maybe only person who is a big Anthony Schwartz fan.

Just ran a blistering 4.26 40 at his pro day. Watch it, his first 10 and 20 yards are holy **** level of burst.

Better receiver than most people would give him credit for tougher than people would give him credit for and definitely take the top off the defense better than anyone mid round or later. May never been a big-time impact #1 but more so than other guys I have watched only needs the defense to make one mistake a game and he will certainly make them pay.

You know Flo loved auburn guys last year bet he kept tabs in him this year as well.
I've seen a lot of people post about Schwartz, just because of his speed.

I really think the Dolphins have an eye toward Jaylen Waddle at wide receiver, just a gut feeling.

But if they don't get him then I also think they could take Tutu Atwell, who I also know them to be pretty high on. Perhaps D'Wayne Eskridge since they had him during Senior Bowl week and he's so compelling as well.

WR is about skill more than anything else, so I wouldn't count on him becoming good. Get WR's who are already good.
This is a great point and simply put. It’s something I’ve always went by when looking at receivers

W/ receivers especially, it’s just important to trust your eyes. Lame QB play or a misfit offense can skew the numbers for some guys. Guys like Bateman, who is a first round talent, but he ain’t really getting first round love due to his most recent season. That offense are QB were hopeless. The stats won’t help you, but if you watch Bateman, he’s already good.

in another light, it’s why Pitts is so remarkable and all but a lock to produce in the NFL. It takes just about zero projection w/ Kyle Pitts. What he was doing wasn’t happening in a flukey way, he was just straight dawging anyone who tried him. As you put it, he’s already good. Kelce, Waller required projection based on what they were good at.

DK Metcalf for example. It was no secret that he was good. He just didn’t have the sample size to make teams feel good about picking him. If you just watched him play, he had star written all over him.

But again I love how you put it. Just draft receivers that are already good.

I really think the Dolphins have an eye toward Jaylen Waddle at wide receiver, just a gut feeling.

But if they don't get him then I also think they could take Tutu Atwell, who I also know them to be pretty high on. Perhaps D'Wayne Eskridge since they had him during Senior Bowl week and he's so compelling as well.
Waddle with Parker and Fuller would be a pretty exciting combination.

I've seen a lot of people post about Schwartz, just because of his speed.
I think if people were just going off Schwartz' speed alone they would be talking about him as a 1st or 2nd round pick. Those of us who are saying we like Schwartz in what would be traditionally day 3 of the draft are taking into account that he's raw in some areas and may have some flaws. Most late round picks have flawed areas of their game but few enter the league already in the elite area of a portion of their skill set. Schwartz comes into the league with elite level speed. I'm not saying he has top level hands or that he's shown big time play making ability consistently. However, I've seen wrs with worse hands not only get a shot at the NFL, but make 53 man rosters. The play making ability we'll have to see what it looks like once you smooth out the ruff edges.

Back
Top Bottom