Potential Qb Next Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Qb Next Year

dolphinsjayshaw

Starter
Reaction score
Depending on how the Eagles do in the remainder of the playoffs, that team has some serious decisions to make at qb. If Foles can help get them to the superbowl again, it's going to be really difficult for them to not choose him.

Having said that, if this were to happen, would you go after Wentz as the QB of the future?

The injuries are obviously concerning. But when healthy, he has shown he can be elite.

I'm not sure why but I don't want Nick Foles here. He'll be expensive and I'm not sure what the upside is?

Id trade picks for Wentz

Quite frankly if I'm the eagles and nick foles wins you another super bowl, I don't know how you move on from the guy. I just don't

Wentz might be expensive but I agree on Foles. He seems to be a good fit in their system and I couldn’t imagine them moving on him if he gets another SB

No way they choose Foles over Wentz, even with another Superbowl.

Foles is always good when playing with eagles. foles best to stay w eagles. he is not old at 29 yr old. you can get 3 to 4 yr out of him. it buy time to find qb. plus you can still keep ur job???

Would I trade for Wentz?

Perhaps, but it depends on the price. He was doing well this season and last season he was an MVP candidate. So he's going to be costly. I'd say we'll be talking multiple first round picks and possible other picks as well. We aren't a quarterback away from contention, so giving up the farm might be unwise.

What about Foles?

Well he would be less costly, but he's not had success outside of the Eagles. Maybe that would change this time around but it's a risky move for any team to give up significant assets as well as a big contract to someone that fell flat with the Rams when given a chance to be the franchise guy. If he was a free agent that's another matter, but I wouldn't give up too much for him.

No way they choose Foles over Wentz, even with another Superbowl.
If Foles helps them win another Superbowl this year, it is highly likely with the money that he's due, they get a first for Wentz and roll with Foles, and eventually draft another quarterback to develop, maybe even one with that first round pick they get.

Watch it be Tannehill....... and commence **** hitting the fan.

The problem with Tannehill is he's good enough to help us get to .500 or around that area. Beyond that he needs significant help on both sides of the ball, but less than say 6 to 8 wins would be difficult to envisage with him under centre. So if we are taking, then we can't afford to start Tannehill because he's good enough to hurt our chances.

Back
Top Bottom