Potential Qb Next Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Qb Next Year

Like Wentz ALOT watching him every week but his injury proness is real and concerning

No way they choose Foles over Wentz, even with another Superbowl.

It's worth keeping in mind that the Eagles are in cap hell this off season. So if Foles did win them another Super Bowl, and trading Wentz could get them a Kings ransom (e.g. a 1st round pick and a 2nd this year, plus future first round picks and day two picks), then that could help them add new starters and contributors to their team and help them remain competitive. Same goes for trading Foles. If he can fetch them a day one and two pick, maybe more, then those assets will help them add to their roster and reduce the impact of the players that are out of contract potentially leaving.

Like Wentz ALOT watching him every week but his injury proness is real and concerning

This is exactly why I ask the question. Is it worth the risk. You're talking a potential top 5 qb in the league from the day he walks through the door. But injured back to back seasons. It's a legitimate possibility the team could need to make this decision

The problem with Tannehill is he's good enough to help us get to .500 or around that area. Beyond that he needs significant help on both sides of the ball, but less than say 6 to 8 wins would be difficult to envisage with him under centre. So if we are taking, then we can't afford to start Tannehill because he's good enough to hurt our chances.

Do not want the Fins to tank...I am OK with RT in the interim and whatever record that brings
Many team suck all the time and stay that way even though their high draft picks seem to be good players. No guarantee that does anything
Hell Cards sucked and stayed that way with franchise type QB with a bad coach
Good coaches turn players around more often IMO and I hope for that until we get our QB of the future

This is exactly why I ask the question. Is it worth the risk. You're talking a potential top 5 qb in the league from the day he walks through the door. But injured back to back seasons. It's a legitimate possibility the team could need to make this decision

For not too steep of price 2 2nds? Something similar I do it

Foles doesn't need to take the Eagles to the Super Bowl. He took them into the playoffs, past the wildcard. Even if he loses the super bowl, or loses the NFC Championship, or EVEN if he loses this weekend....he is still good enough to keep.

Carson Wentz is sitting on the sidelines begging for him to fail I bet lol. Knowing that Foles will take his job. But then again, Wentz cant seem to stay healthy. Back problems already? At his age? Yikes.

Tanky McTankerson. With what Ross has said, and the head coaching candidates we're considering … the Thanksgiving Turkey is a ton of tanking. Hopefully it leads to a Christmas that brings us a good QB.

Reactions: MD
Anyone that sucks.

Lands us a potential star in Tua

Anyone that sucks for 2 years.

Lands us a potential start in Trevor.

The other intrigue for the eagles to keep foles is the return they get for Wentz..

If you can keep foles plus get two high draft picks for Wentz... that's really tough to say no

Not to mention their big money receiver in Jeffery plays much better w/ foles under center

Is almost inconceivable that a top tier qb who is still on his rookie contract could possibly be available via trade. I think you have to consider offering a first this year and maybe a second next.

I think a 3rd would be apt, similar to Bridgewater and the Saints.
Wentz would get a lot more than that. Dude was having MVP season last year before he got hurt. Having another good year this year. Yes, two injuries in two years, but he's a stud. Bridgewater is no Wentz. Not even close.

I don't see know qb coming out draft like Dan Marino. I see qb that are on stack team. that are over hype. these young qb still need talent around them to win.

Quarterbacks next season will be Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick.

Back
Top Bottom