Potential Trade Idea... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Trade Idea...

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
I’m sure the Raiders are willing to make some trades and there have been some rumors of them possibly wanting Howard. If Miami is sold on Murray, I feel they can offer Howard and the 13th pick for the Raiders 4th pick.

The Dion Jordan deal we made is still fresh in fans minds.

Raiders didn't fare too well either...

That said, maybe

Unfortunately that definitely came to mind while I was typing that up

Good thing is that I don't think the front office would give any phucks. It would be unpopular to half the fans, though, and Murray would have to weather that simply because of how we acquired him. Overly persnickety? Yes

I think Howard and 13, or Tunsil and 13 gets us in the conversation, it meets the draft value chart, which is the minimum to start to negotiate. But in addition to starting the conversation there will need to be additional picks, like a first next year, or two second rounders at least another 800-900 points worth of draft picks.

Another problem with the Raiders pick is that it does not guarantee one of the top 3 QBs because it is pick #4. We'd need to move to #2 or #3 to secure one of the top 3 QBs, 100% guaranteed.

I think I send them or first this and next year and try to come up with something other than howard, but if they are sold on murray being the guy I wouldn't be too upset especially with the contract we are about to give howard. that said it would definitely bum me out to lose x. I would rather lose jones. after what jones did in the jets game I really don't want him back. you never quit on your team, even if you are coached by idiots.

Howard is not a player that you just throw in there for a trade. If we're going to trade Howard we need to get at least a 1st round pick. If Murray is there at 13 then take him but if not then build your lines and get your QB in 2020. Regardless of how good a QB might be you still need 21 other starters. Giving Howard away and not getting a pick back is not how you build a winner.

I'm fine with Murray at 13 even though I have my doubts, it's worth the risk. There's absolutely no one in this draft I want us trading up for.

As Jimi said above, I'm fine with him at pick #13 due to potential playmaking ability, but there's still the doubts about his durability at this level.
No trades up, and you never know, we could still get him even if we trade down.

As Jimi said above, I'm fine with him at pick #13 due to potential playmaking ability, but there's still the doubts about his durability at this level.
No trades up, and you never know, we could still get him even if we trade down.
I am personally not all that worried about his durability. The league is much different now. Touching a QB will get you a fine lol

Howard is not a player that you just throw in there for a trade. If we're going to trade Howard we need to get at least a 1st round pick. If Murray is there at 13 then take him but if not then build your lines and get your QB in 2020. Regardless of how good a QB might be you still need 21 other starters. Giving Howard away and not getting a pick back is not how you build a winner.

I agree, I prefer to build the trenches this draft but if the staff strongly feels like Murray is a franchise QB then you do all that you can to get him. Even if that means trading Howard.

Back
Top Bottom