Potential Trade Partners To Move Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Most of us seem to be down with Miami trading the 3rd pick to move back a few spots. What kind of value should we expect to receive if we did move back from 3?

I personally would want a 2022 1st in any type of trade package for the 3rd overall. It's always nice owning multiple first round picks in a draft and Miami is in great position to possibly make that happen three years in a row if we decide to move back from 3.

I don't want to stir up another DeShaun debate but lets say Houston really doesn't end up talking any trades this offseason. Miami would then go ahead and use their 2021 picks to add to our rebuild while potentially being able to load up with more future assets in 2022. If Watson became available next year and Miami really did want DeShaun then we should still be able to pull a trade off if we added an extra 2022 1st round pick.

Tua // 2022 1st Round Pick // 2022 1st Round Pick // 2022 2nd Round Pick // 2023 1st Round Pick

FOR

DeShaun Watson

I believe a trade similar to that should be enough to land Watson and Miami should have a better team by then as well since we used our 2021 assets to build. IMO this would be the best scenario for Miami if we did decide to trade for Watson.
Moving back from 3 to pick up an extra 2022 1st round pick would be smart for Miami to do regardless if they have intentions to trade for Watson or not though so hopefully Miami can make something happen!

These are some of my ideas for a potential trade if we did decided to move back in the draft.

Trade With Bengals
Trade:
-2021 1st Round (3 Overall)
-2021 6th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (5 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Bengals)

Trade With Eagles
Trade:
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (6 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Eagles)

Trade With Lions
Trade:
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (7 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Lions)

Trade With Panthers
Trade:
-2021 4th Round
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 6th Round

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (8 Overall)
-2021 2nd Round (39 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Panthers)

Trade With Broncos
Trade:
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (9 Overall)
-2021 3rd Round (71 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Broncos)
-2022 3rd Round (Broncos)

Trade With 49ers
Trade:
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (12 Overall)
-2021 2nd Round (43 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (49ers)
-2022 2nd Round (49ers)

What do y'all think about those potential trades and which ones would you prefer?
Do y'all think those are realistic trade packages for both teams? If not what would you change?

If you guys have any other potential trade ideas for the 3rd pick feel free to share what type of package you'd like back!

Last edited:
I believe the value for Miami is trading back.

Carolina might be the best fit. SF is moving down pretty far, but I could see that.

Getting a 2022 #1, plus more picks would be pretty sweet.

I don't know if there's a must have at #3.

I agree with SF DF...Carolina, if they don't snag a QB by some other means prior to the draft, is the most likely partner.
Don't count on Cincinnati. In their history they never had traded up in the first round. I've researched it.
Phila is probably going J Hurts at QB, and a WR/Pitts will be there at 6 unless the world comes apart by then.
Detroit? Doubtful having acquired Goff; they may take a Kyle Trask type later.
I think Carolina is the partner. If not them, that leaves San Fran at 12, like SF DF said. And then, that's a big drop. San Fran better be ready to pay up.
Maybe we can bait Atlanta into jumping one spot, then we can drop down again. That would be sweet. But I think the majority of the trade ups with us will be for whoever isn't taken at 2 between Fields and The BYU QB. (Wilson?)

I agree with SF DF...Carolina, if they don't snag a QB by some other means prior to the draft, is the most likely partner.
Don't count on Cincinnati. In their history they never had traded up in the first round. I've researched it.
Phila is probably going J Hurts at QB, and a WR/Pitts will be there at 6 unless the world comes apart by then.
Detroit? Doubtful having acquired Goff; they may take a Kyle Trask type later.
I think Carolina is the partner. If not them, that leaves San Fran at 12, like SF DF said. And then, that's a big drop. San Fran better be ready to pay up.
Maybe we can bait Atlanta into jumping one spot, then we can drop down again. That would be sweet. But I think the majority of the trade ups with us will be for whoever isn't taken at 2 between Fields and The BYU QB. (Wilson?)
I know exactly what I want from Atlanta if we managed to get them to trade up to 3....

Trade:
2021 1st Round (3rd Overall)
2021 6th Round
2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
2021 1st Round (4th Overall)
Deion Jones LB

That would be a dream come true if we managed to make that happen!!!!

The hope is there is enough demand for Justin Fields at #3(presumably Wilson goes 2nd)and the Fins can land a 22 1st rounder by moving back.

But they need to land one of Chase/Smith/Waddle/Pitts so they can't go back too far.

Denver at #9 might be as far as they dare move back.

IF they can't find a decent offer then they have to go Sewell or Chase at #3.

I know exactly what I want from Atlanta if we managed to get them to trade up to 3....

Trade:
2021 1st Round (3rd Overall)
2021 6th Round
2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
2021 1st Round (4th Overall)
Deion Jones LB

That would be a dream come true if we managed to make that happen!!!!
That would be a nice scenario. Get a real quality linebacker and be able to draft the same player targeted at #3.

Could possibly trade back again, depending on how teams view Lance.

If Atlanta shows interest in Sewell at 4 or if any team shows interest in trading up for Sewell then they will......
Cinci has too many holes to trade up to fill one of them. I don't see them trading up, if anything they too will want to trade back and get more picks.
Carolina is the one team that feels they are a QB away from contending for a playoff spot. If they do not do anything in FA then I think there's a chance they could move up.
If SF trades JG to NE for their 1st I could see them move up as well but I really don't see anyone else looking to move up.

I don't think so either. They are apparently interesting in Sewell, which makes sense. But Slater may not be ranked that much lower.
It not only that. But the history of the Bengals franchise and its owner suggest they won't trade. They've rarely if ever, made draft day trades in the past. Perhaps they do again to get Sewell. But I wouldn't count on it. Especially if the asking price is a future 1st round pick?

Joe Burrow did shred his knee his rookie year so i'm sure their number one priority is protecting him. If Cincy falls in love with Sewell then theyll do all they can to draft him.....

There's absolutely zero pressure for Detroit to trade up so I just don't see it. They have a young QB and would be foolish to squander draft capital to move up IMO. There's still a solid chance they're top 10 again next year. Carolina makes sense, so do the Broncos and 49ers.

There's absolutely zero pressure for Detroit to trade up so I just don't see it. They have a young QB and would be foolish to squander draft capital to move up IMO. There's still a solid chance they're top 10 again next year. Carolina makes sense, so do the Broncos and 49ers.
Those are the three spots I see as well.

Atlanta dealing up one spot could happen if the Falcons are sold on Wilson or Fields. But they could be okay with Lance, or waiting a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom