Pouncey: ....seems like the same thing every year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey: ....seems like the same thing every year

thaemcee2

B.A.M.F. 0321
Reaction score
Penalties, poor protection, blown coverage = "The Dolphins Way"
It was a good game to watch, I am especially glad that RT finally showed us pocket awareness when our trash of an O line got manhandled and showed his ability to kill/audible calls at the LOS...although he overthrew that pass late in the game to a wide open Juice, he was on the run, yeah, but still should have hit him...other than that pass, he played well
Damien Williams Dallas Thomas and Jamar Taylor you can all but gaurentee will not be on the final 2016 season roster...
Grimes=lost a step and still is ALWAYS tripping slipping or on the ground for whatever reason

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-pouncey-dolphins-woes-same-thing-every-year

Getting themselves mathematically eliminated from the playoffs on Monday night felt like an inevitability for the Dolphins after an array of in-season firings and strife between players.
Needless to say, their eulogy on 2015 will not be a fond one.
"Not a good team," Michael Thomas said via The Palm Beach Post. "We didn't put it together."
Added Mike Pouncey: "I hate to be in that situation again but it seems like the same thing every year. ... When you have nothing else to play for, you have three games left and you're not making the playoffs ... we'll see what kind of guys really like football. And we'll find the ones that don't and we'll get them out of here."
While something tells us vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum already has a pretty good idea, it will be interesting to see if this team finishes the crash-and-burn scenario all the way.
It's crazy to think that just a few months ago, after the signing of Ndamukong Suh and the acquisition of receivers like Kenny Stills and tight end Jordan Cameron, that we were talking about a Super Bowl. A study done by the fine folks at Harvard pegged them to win the division!
Joe Philbin himself wasn't shy about talking championships.
"I came here to win championships. I didn't come here to be average and be 8-8," Philbin told ESPN.com on the eve of training camp. "Steve Ross doesn't own the team to be average. Our fans don't want to be average. Our players don't want to be average. So that's what we're here for. That's why we invest and put the effort, the time into what we do."
Outside of the Jaguars and Raiders, who spent lavishly but wisely in free agency this season, the Dolphins could serve as the ultimate cautionary tale for fan bases that live and die by the acquisition of talent that isn't homegrown. Sometimes it works out, but sometimes you slog off the field after losing to the scattershot Giants, ready to tell anyone who will listen that this was not a good football team.

Last edited by a moderator:
At some point Ross has to clean house. Keep Tannenbaum only, and just bomb it. Because we all know Tbaum is not going anywhere. Make a unified FO and coaching staff, and give him his shot.
I thought it was hysterical to see how many here was impressed by Philbin dancing at a banquet. He's bad. Fired after 4 games bad. I like parts of Campbell, but it's time, really, really time to get an experienced HC in here to lay out a staff for stability in the next era.

Not bashing OP but threat title is a little more disheartening than Pouncey's full quote. He takes pride in playing well regardless of the team's playoff contention and expects his team mates to do the same.

At some point Ross has to clean house. Keep Tannenbaum only, and just bomb it. Because we all know Tbaum is not going anywhere. Make a unified FO and coaching staff, and give him his shot.
I thought it was hysterical to see how many here was impressed by Philbin dancing at a banquet. He's bad. Fired after 4 games bad. I like parts of Campbell, but it's time, really, really time to get an experienced HC in here to lay out a staff for stability in the next era.

Here's the head coaches Miami has had after Don Shula

Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wannstedt
Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Joe Philbin

What the **** has Miami been doing the last decade and a half? How many times can you **** up before you have a deep, fundamental realization that the way you've been doing it hasn't been working.

I think another poster mentioned it, but Miami now has more non-winning seasons than winning seasons. And you wonder why people don't give a **** about the 1972 season. We've been a joke of an organization and a joke of a football team for the better part of 15 years.

Hey I do like what Pouncey said! +1 for him in my book!

Still sucks we're meaningless this time of year, again. :boohoo:

hey FO.. when you start hearing that from front line players.. pro bowlers.. you either get your **** together, or you let 'em out the building... cuz cancers spread... wise up

Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wannstedt
Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Joe Philbin

What the **** has Miami been doing the last decade and a half? How many times can you **** up before you have a deep, fundamental realization that the way you've been doing it hasn't been working.

I think another poster mentioned it, but Miami now has more non-winning seasons than winning seasons. And you wonder why people don't give a **** about the 1972 season. We've been a joke of an organization and a joke of a football team for the better part of 15 years.
JJ wasn't a bad coach, but Miami wasn't the right situation for him, Marino and JJ could not co-exist on the same team. Dave was bad, but it was his drafting that really sunk him, and I have to wonder if giving up picks for ricky might've ultimately doomed him. Nick was a big name and all indications said he was the right pick, too bad he boned us on missing on brees and rogers. Cam was a hot coordinator... Tony was parcels hand picked guy, and many of us wanted parcels to turn this thing around. Joe? why joe was widely respected around the league for making power points and checking shoe laces!

we've really tried everything, we just haven't tried the right people. Everyone out there has warts, so who do we take a chance on? with our luck it really doesn't matter because dolphins are gonna dolphin and whoever we pick, the guy we don't will be the right one.

Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wannstedt
Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Joe Philbin

Johnson was good. We had some very good drafts under his tenure. Problem is he was not motivated enough, and he never had a talented QB to work with.
Saban was very good, he made a difference on many divisional games. Problem is he was a quiter, but I would love to see our team playing hard like when he was around here.
The rest of the list are crap coaches that include some of the dumbest and less cappable coaches of the entire NFL!!!! And some of us wonder why we are soo bad since soo long?

If only Ross could sweep himself out the door, too.

Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wannstedt
Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Joe Philbin

I think if Saban would've stayed he might've built a good team. Dood got scared and bolted back to the college ranks, before he finished.

Jimmy Johnson built the best defense we've seen in a while. Unfortunately, Marino was already aged and nobody (including me) wanted to see him benched. So Jimmy was not able to give us a consistent offense to match his defense. Johnson also disrespected Shula, which is a no-no in this town, so it was inevitable that the fans turn against him if we didn't make the Superbowl in the first or second year.

I'd kill to have that Jimmy Johnson team right now...

Back
Top Bottom