pozlusny ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pozlusny ?

He's nowhere near worth the #9 pick. If we wanted an ILB, Patrick Willis would be a much better option.

Trade down to the low 20's, pick up a 2nd and maybe a second next year and hell yes I would love to see him in our uniform.

Trade down to the low 20's, pick up a 2nd and maybe a second next year and hell yes I would love to see him in our uniform.

thats not a terrible idea. to be honest there really isnt a top 10 guy who we NEED...we dont need a QB, RB, DE, DT...yea some say we need a WR, but im not a fan of drafting WRs so early...cuz guys like Chad Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams...nobody hears about them anymore. id rather get a WR in the free agency along with OL. so trading our #9 for a HIGH TEEN, and extra 2nd rounder...or hell, perhaps we can get a a #19, and #30 with trading our #9 pick?? does anyone know what our #9 pick will equal??? THEN draft Paul Poluszny, and if for some reason Patrick Willis is still available...draft him. well id rather take Willis, but with 2 first rounders...we can get a good CB also.

thats not a terrible idea. to be honest there really isnt a top 10 guy who we NEED...we dont need a QB, RB, DE, DT...yea some say we need a WR, but im not a fan of drafting WRs so early...cuz guys like Chad Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams...nobody hears about them anymore. id rather get a WR in the free agency along with OL. so trading our #9 for a HIGH TEEN, and extra 2nd rounder...or hell, perhaps we can get a a #19, and #30 with trading our #9 pick?? does anyone know what our #9 pick will equal??? THEN draft Paul Poluszny, and if for some reason Patrick Willis is still available...draft him. well id rather take Willis, but with 2 first rounders...we can get a good CB also.

lol Chad jackson was a 2nd round pick just this past season. And Edwards had a pretty damn good year this past season(61 catches, 884 yards and 6TDs), considering it was his second season, and he was less than a year removed from an acl tear. But no, you never hear anything about him.

Although Chad Jackson and Braylon Edwards still have a chance to have very susccessful careers, in gerneral there have been many WR's drafted in the first round over the years that don't do much in the NFL. The poisitions with the highest bust rate in the NFL are QB (#1) and WR (#2). That being said, I would be OK with drafting a WR with the #9 pick if the right one falls to us. But we sure better do our homework first.

Although Chad Jackson and Braylon Edwards still have a chance to have very susccessful careers, in gerneral there have been many WR's drafted in the first round over the years that don't do much in the NFL. The poisitions with the highest bust rate in the NFL are QB (#1) and WR (#2). That being said, I would be OK with drafting a WR with the #9 pick if the right one falls to us. But we sure better do our homework first.

But Jackson wasn't even a first round pick, i understand the trends of 1st round WRs, but lets use 1st round picks(in the top 10) as examples, and not second rounders.

Based on our multiple needs, the most logical thing to do is trade down, but the rookies pay scale is so ridiculously inflated that you're seeing less and less wheeling and dealing at the top. So unless some team is absolutely bonkers over Ted Ginn or somebody else, nobody's moving up to pay an untested rook a 20-25 million dollar signing bonus. It use to be easier to trade down; not anymore.

Ah, I see you've made the mistake of handpicking a few highly regarded WRs you think didn't work out and use that as a case to never draft a WR early. I could just as easily say "Look at Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, and Torry Holt, 1st round WRs are always good!"

Not only that, but you picked the wrong group of WRs to use. Mike Williams is a definite bust, but Chad Jackson was hurt for a good deal of his rookie season, and Braylon Edwards had a solid year. The last two have a chance to be superb pro WRs.

I am a big fan of Pozlusky, and think he would play OLB very well in our system. But I agree with everyone else that you could still get him if you traded down. After the combine, I think folks everywhere will be very high on Ginn, which might nab us some trade down partners.

Moving down to the 14-18 area would put us in a good spot for Levi Brown or Pozlusky (right now, I think he might just actually slip in the 2nd, getting leapfrogged at the combine by Earl Everrett who is a better athlete, but a worse linebacker).

Picking up another 2nd and 3rd might do wonders. A lot of very athletic OTs might go there (the kind that just need to bulk up a little). These include Joe Staley, Doug Free (both former TEs) and Ugouh from Arkansas. Ditto for CBs like Daymeion Hughes and Marcus McCauley. Even a Brandon Siler might slip to the third if scouts don't like what they see out of his knee (another Crowder situation).

Back
Top Bottom