Pre Combine Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre Combine Mock Draft

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe our major needs prior to free agency are Interior OL, Interior DL, CB, RB, WR and TE.
QB is not a priority for me this year.
I have not included trades in this mock.

1-13. Christian Wilkins --- DT - Clemson
I believe that Kyler Murray being included in the draft helps push a very good player down to us. I fear that after his title game performance, he may be gone when we pick.
If he is gone, I hope we trade down into the late 20's for OG Chris Lindstrom from Boston College. I really like Lindstrom but he won't be there at pick 48. Staying at 13 my alternative pick would be Rashon Gary --- DE - Michigan. Although not a DT, he could probably rush from there in passing situations and give us someone to groom behind Wake or replace Harris who is a bust.

2-48. Julian Love --- CB - Notre Dame
An upgrade over our current starter opposite Howard. I saw him play a lot this year and really like his game. I just wish he were a couple of inches taller. Alternative pick Eric McCoy - G/C Texas A&M. Has played both Guard and Center in college. Would be a fine pick up for us. If Parris Campbell, WR - Ohio State were somehow available at this pick, I would dash to the podium so fast, Bolt would finish second.

3- 78. Rodney Anderson --- RB - Oklahoma
I like my backs big and he qualifies. Good speed for his size. Can turn the corner or run between tackles. could win the starting job.
Alternative picks here could be Jerry Tillery --- DT - Notre Dame. He has the talent to go much higher than this but emotional immaturity on field and off, could push him down this far. Would only consider this if we missed on Wilkins. I also like Nassir Adderley --- DB - Delaware but not sure he can play CB at NFL level and Darryl Williams an OG out of Mississippi state in this range.

4-109. Mitch Hyatt --- OL - Clemson
Played LT for national champs but lack of mobility pushes him to OG or RT. This pushes him down draft boards, but his slide stops here. A little light for guard. He wins on technique. Always gives a great effort, which is why he could beat out James and start at RT.
My alternative pick here would be a WR such as Gary Jennings out of West Virginia, a RB such as Mike Weber of Ohio State or a TE such as Isaac Nauta out of Georgia.

5-139. Carl Granderson --- DE - Wyoming
A personal favorite of mine. has the frame to add weight and would make club on special teams. Alternative pick would be Michael Deiter --- OT - Wisconsin. Can never have enough OL depth.

6-175. Bunchy Stallings --- OG - Kentucky
Has the potential to make the team as a back up. Alternative pick could be Ryan Anderson --- OC -Wake Forest.

7-208. Te'Von Coney --- ILB - Notre Dame
I believe he will make an NFL roster as a special teams player. Alternative pick could be Stanley Morgan Jr. Could be used as a returner. Has good size and bloodlines.

I don’t consider running back a need and wouldn’t touch one until the 5th round at the earliest.
Round 1 has to best defensive player available.

If we are on a true rebuild, i go heavy on DL/OL. Those guys need 1-2 years to develop and would be ready in time to push with a young QB.

We already have young talent at other positions:
3 DBs (Minkah, Howard, McCain)
2 LBs (Baker, McMillan)
2 RBs (Drake, Ballage)
2 TE (Gesicki, Smythe)

What we lack HORRIBLY is DL and OL....and of course, QB.
We have a legit OT in Tunsil but not much else. We need to sure that up if we bring in a young QB.
Our Dline has gotten no pass rush and can't stop the run. We have some young guys like Taylor but we need a lot more. Go heavy.....take a DT and a DE high if those guys are at the top of your board.

WRs can be found. I'm not worried about those until we fix the rest.

I like that you provided alternative picks. That’s not easy to do especially as you get into the later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom