Pre-FA and Pre-Draft Poll of optimism | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-FA and Pre-Draft Poll of optimism

How do you think the 2002 season will go?

• Miss the playoffs

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Worse regular season record

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Same regular season record

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better regular season record

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Win division

• Win Divisional playoff

• Win AFC championship

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Win Superbowl

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Beat the Jets Once

• Beat the Jets twice

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to get a measure of our level of optimism pre-FA and pre-Draft and compare it after those events.

We have a new offensive coach, some starters back from injury (Gardner and possibly McDuffie), we have Jay, we have a head coach and personnel team who recognise the same deficiencies which we generally agree upon in this forum and plan to address them.

Are we going to perform better in 2002?
What do we have to achieve to demonstrate progress?

Agreed...

... Given the compressed nature of the division, it's even more important to beat divisional rivals in a close run race.

I am still considering my vote, but I'd hate to think that we ended up with a 2-14-0 record having only accomplished this.:D

I expect us to go 9-7 or 10-6 unless we get real lucky in FA or the draft. There are too many holes on the OL and DL to expect much. Our best chance are for the Jets, Bills and Pats to get worse as well.

I selected a"a better regular season" record

... relying on the "Norv Turner" effect to make an improvement even if the playing staff aren't markedly improved. However, having to learn his system might make that take more than a season to kick in.

On last season's form the schedule doesn't look as strong and I am banking on breaking the streak with the Jets. :rocker:

At this point I really don't care if we go 2-14, as long as we SPANK the hell out of the Jets. lol

This really isn't true, but I do want to see us whip them sons of bi....errr back to regular family programming.

Originally posted by GazPhin
I thought it might be interesting to get a measure of our level of optimism pre-FA and pre-Draft and compare it after those events.

We have a new offensive coach, some starters back from injury (Gardner and possibly McDuffie), we have Jay, we have a head coach and personnel team who recognise the same deficiencies which we generally agree upon in this forum and plan to address them.

Are we going to perform better in 2002?
What do we have to achieve to demonstrate progress?
I never have liked delving into the world of being a prognosticator ( 75% of the time they have no clue ), but if the Dolphins are going to have even the remotest chance of accomplishing what the Pats did last season,,, the entire organization is going to have to realize that the O-L needs to younger, stronger, and faster !!! This side of the ball needs to be addressed in this years draft PERIOD ----- nuff said !!! Marino1983

It is still very up in the air. There are many parts of the team that need to improve greatly. I think the o-line, and d-line need to play alot more agresive. I think we need a bruiser style rb. I think the offense has to open up their play calling, and the defense needs to play as well as they are paid. I also think the players that could do all of this(except RB) are all under contract right now, but I think it is a matter of being lucky, injury free, and having the right coach mixing up the pot. The afc is very up in the air. The real power houses are all 10-20 million above the cap so it will be interesting to see who comes to play in 2002. I always want Miami to win the super bowl, but if they have a horrible season this year, I wouldn't be that mad since I really want 1 of the many franchise qbs that will be available in next years draft.

It would be a different feeling going into the draft with a high number 1. Seems like every year we draft 20-27 or so.

Amen brother.

Originally posted by Dajesus
It is still very up in the air. There are many parts of the team that need to improve greatly. I think the o-line, and d-line need to play alot more agresive. I think we need a bruiser style rb. I think the offense has to open up their play calling, and the defense needs to play as well as they are paid. I also think the players that could do all of this(except RB) are all under contract right now, but I think it is a matter of being lucky, injury free, and having the right coach mixing up the pot. The afc is very up in the air. The real power houses are all 10-20 million above the cap so it will be interesting to see who comes to play in 2002. I always want Miami to win the super bowl, but if they have a horrible season this year, I wouldn't be that mad since I really want 1 of the many franchise qbs that will be available in next years draft.

Apparently the Eagles and Bears are the top teams with no cap worries. I'd say that makes the Eagles potential NFC champs with McNabb - but they probably need some help with additional players being cut to have much choice in building.:D

Originally posted by Dajesus
It really is ironic, Maimi has one of the best records in the NFL at consistantly playing 500 ball over the past 2 decades but the team seems to tire out either late in the regular schedule or takes a pounding in the playoffs!!! Sometimes you almost wish they would play a sub 500 season to get a higher drafting position.. Marino1983 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the Pats can win the Super Bowl, so can we.

All the good teams have cap problems excpet for the Eagles, Patriots, and Steelers (I think.) The Bears don't coubt because they will suck next year, and I think the Pats will too.

Back
Top Bottom