Pre-Game Rituals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Game Rituals

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have a pre-game ritual that you go through before Dolphin games. I always have to go to my favorite sportsbar wearing my white JT #99 jersey if we play at home, and my aqua #54 Zach jersey on the road. I always try to get to the bar by 10 am (early games start at 11 am here in Colorado). Then I start things off with a bloody mary because it is too early for beer. I get together with about 60 Dolphins fans at a bar called Kelly O'Briens...one guy named Doc dresses from head to toe in Dolphins gear.,,,he has an authentic Dolphins helmet, jersey, pants, shoulder pads, knee pads and cleats...he never shows up without his gear. Usually I can't eat while watching my Fins but if we start playing bad that is when I start drinking.....man was I lit up from last year's games...i think the only game I really smiled and felt good about was St Louis, and then when we beat the Pats. Well that is my pre-game ritual....I hate the 4 PM EST games cuz I can't wait that long sitting around all day for them to play. :shakeno:

a bar at ten in the morning?

"who meets at a bar at ten in the morning?!" "i dont know, i just figured she was a raging alcoholic!" "ten in the morning! :roflmao:"

sorry, couldnt pass up the dumb and dumber reference..

I have a friend in Hawaii who gets up around 6 am to go watch football. :shakeno:

thats sick.

tell your friend to buy himself a tivo, and wake up at a reasonable hour. and watch no commercials!

sounds ideal to me.

me & my buds have a madden tornment ever Sunday before the games loser buys the beer. then we go to John Wahnes fight the nascar fans for best tv. over 100TVs there and we still cant get along.

Go to church, then gather at someone's house and cookout on grill

Up at 9:00...gives me time to gamble, get coffee and breakfast and be settled in for game time.

I NEVER wear any Dolphins gear during games. Just a superstition....

I buy one Phins hat a year...the Saturday before opening day...

I will wear one of my Dolphin's shirts, if they start doing bad, I will change it. If they start doing good; I will keep wearing that shirt until they start doing bad. Sorry, not really pre-game, but similar. Obviously last year I would cycle through them all through the course of a game...hehe

Roman529 said:
I have a friend in Hawaii who gets up around 6 am to go watch football. :shakeno:

That's not too bad...the last 5 years I lived on Okinawa, and got up at 2am. Now I'm in Cali so I can actually watch games on Sunday, instead of Monday morning getting ready for work.

Roman529 said:
Do any of you guys have a pre-game ritual that you go through before Dolphin games. I always have to go to my favorite sportsbar wearing my white JT #99 jersey if we play at home, and my aqua #54 Zach jersey on the road. I always try to get to the bar by 10 am (early games start at 11 am here in Colorado). Then I start things off with a bloody mary because it is too early for beer. I get together with about 60 Dolphins fans at a bar called Kelly O'Briens...one guy named Doc dresses from head to toe in Dolphins gear.,,,he has an authentic Dolphins helmet, jersey, pants, shoulder pads, knee pads and cleats...he never shows up without his gear. Usually I can't eat while watching my Fins but if we start playing bad that is when I start drinking.....man was I lit up from last year's games...i think the only game I really smiled and felt good about was St Louis, and then when we beat the Pats. Well that is my pre-game ritual....I hate the 4 PM EST games cuz I can't wait that long sitting around all day for them to play. :shakeno:

Where in CO?

Back
Top Bottom