Predict Dolphins’ Defensive Rank This Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Dolphins’ Defensive Rank This Year

Dolphins Final Rank on Defense in 2021?

• 25 - 32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 - 24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 - 19

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 - 14

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • 5 - 9

Votes: 85 58.2%
  • 1 - 4

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
Top 5-10 again in scoring defense. But unfortunately they'll still give up lots of yardage. Not sure they'll, once again be a takeaway machine. Top 10-14 is my prediction.

10-14. Dont think the front 7 has the dudes to be a dominate defense. Flores scheme will mask some of that but against good offenses we fall short.

I'll go by DVOA (Football Outsiders). We were 11th last year. I'd predict improvement in Yards per play (very needed), but regression in takeaways. I'd say 8-10th.

I voted 5 to 9.....I cant possibly think they would do as good as 2020. Took everybody by surprise. Maybe im wrong and they do better than 5 to 9 but i rather think like this than have my hopes up like every year and come down crashing to reality.

Points allowed 10-14, yards 20-25.

The high volume of turnovers masked the deficiencies of the defense. I’m not so sure we can repeat that so the stats will match the actual talent level. Plus playoff quality QBs absolutely gash Flo’s defense.

As long as X stays and the units stay healthy, top 5.

We did not lose anyone significant, and we add Phillips and Holland. We can only get better. Plus the offense should be vastly improved. We will have games we are leading into forth quarter, and the defense can pin their ear back and go after the QB.

10-14....still another year away to be dominate. Last year was a little over-rated.

I voted 5-9, but they will look like a more solid, legit top 10 defense this coming year, with less blitzing, more control of the run, and a more dangerous secondary that will have more then 1 ball hawk out there.

X may probably have far less INTs this year, but as a team, there will be wY more.

I voted 5-9, but they will look like a more solid, legit top 10 defense this coming year, with less blitzing, more control of the run, and a more dangerous secondary that will have more then 1 ball hawk out there.

X may probably have far less INTs this year, but as a team, there will be wY more.
We tied for the league lead in picks last year. If we have WAY more, it'll be an incredible D season.

Let's hope!!

I'm guessing:

Ogbah, Davis, Wilkins and Phillips upfront... Van Ginkle, McKinney and Baker at the backer spots... Howard, Byron Jones, Rowe and Holland in the secondary.

That should be in the top 10 defenses if everyone stays healthy.

I went optimistic at 5-9.

This season, the offense will rise to about league average level IMO. That will significantly help the defense.

Can't expect the same amount of takeaways on defense, but potentially a better run defense. I think Miami's secondary is top 5 in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom