Predict Next Year's National Championship Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Next Year's National Championship Game

AirFishOne said:
ususally hear it from the talking heads of the media, dont worry Ive grown to block them out, well only when there not praising Oklahoma :D

Yeah I know what you mean. Leak has alot to prove next season IMO. He has all the weapons necessary to "break out" but he has to make it happen himself. My main beef with him is his running, I know he's not a running QB and Meyer knows that, but when they need him to, he needs to be a man and stop sliding whenever someone gets within 5 yards of him.

Skeet84 said:
Yeah I wish that was the case. I just don't know if Florida will make it out of the SEC. There are going to be quite a few good ones this year.
I agree Ohio State looked very Good!!!

My prediction is West Virginia ( They proved alot againist Georgia and a Weak Schedule ) v.s. Ohio State.
Actually I just went back and looked at UF's schedule. You are right it will be damn near impossible for them to come through unbeaten. IF they do, they will surely WIN the championship. That is a brutal schedule.

I think OSU is a very good pick, however the Big10 is always a tough conference to go undefeated in..... OSU looked dominating to end the year and they are returning a lot, but they are also losing a lot. Same can be said with Penn State, PSU lost a good chunk of players, but if Vidal Hazleton signs with PSU, then PSU has a top 5 recruiting class so I think the Big10 might be up for grabs. Michigan also should be solid.

I think WVU is a VERY good pick for the national championship game. I dont think WVU is a top 2 team in the nation, however I think they have a favorable schedule. I think OSU is a much better team than WVU, but I would give the nod to WVU because of their schedule and conference.

I dont think any team from the SEC or ACC goes undefeated...... the conferences are just too balanced I think next year.

Notre Dame has all its hard games early..... but they have their hardest games, PSU and Michigan, at home and a cakewalk schedule after until potentially USC. I dont think ND goes undefeated...... but because the media loves them, even at 1 loss, they are still a contender.

Out of the Big12, I kinda like Texas also. With the exception of Vince Young, I dont think they really lost a ton to the NFL. Huff, yes, Scott, yes, but they have a good recruiting class and good players behind them. Also, I think Charles is going to have a great year at RB.

Those are my 4/5 favorites this year.

Oboy said:
Actually I just went back and looked at UF's schedule. You are right it will be damn near impossible for them to come through unbeaten. IF they do, they will surely WIN the championship. That is a brutal schedule.

Where did you find their schedule?

SpeedRush99 said:
Doesn't look THAT bad. Toughest game will no doubt be LSU at home, but we always play them tough. Trading Miss St. for Auburn doesn't really help either but I think undefeated is possible.
Possible yes, but damn... Bama and LSU back to back, then right after that at Auburn and then UGA. That is a ROUGH 4 game span. Not to mention that UT and FSU are both on the road this year.

Odds are really not in the favor of the Gators.

Oboy said:
Possible yes, but damn... Bama and LSU back to back, then right after that at Auburn and then UGA. That is a ROUGH 4 game span. Not to mention that UT and FSU are both on the road this year.

Odds are really not in the favor of the Gators.

I agree, however i don't think Bama will be very tough this year, they lost ALOT, even with Prothro coming back. I agree LSU and Auburn will be tough. Georgia never scares me, especially with a new Qb and their losses. Tennessee has alot to prove. FSU should be decent. No doubt it will be tough, but still possible.

SpeedRush99 said:
I agree, however i don't think Bama will be very tough this year, they lost ALOT, even with Prothro coming back. I agree LSU and Auburn will be tough. Georgia never scares me, especially with a new Qb and their losses. Tennessee has alot to prove. FSU should be decent. No doubt it will be tough, but still possible.
I agree it is possible, but throw in South Carolina and I think of the "contending" teams. Or at least all the teams mentioned in this thread, they have the toughest schedule.

I dont remember a time when people have picked ND to be in the championship game. I just hope Weis has more luck in his 2nd season than Willingham did.
Well don shula, i dont remember a time when people pick WVU to go to the championship game either..lol

Where will this years championship game be held at? is it the Sugar or the fiesta or the Orange?

I think steve slaton and pat white coming into this season as true freshmans will lead this team to victory, and there schedule will help them out also..

[QUOTEYou obviously don't read many of my threads about Leak. And at least you've heard of him. :wink:][/QUOTE]

Leak is a pretty good QB. My older sister attended the same high school at the same time he did in charlotte. Independence high School, i believe they have one of the longest winning streaks in the country..

WestVirginiaFan said:
Leak is a pretty good QB. My older sister attended the same high school at the same time he did in charlotte. Independence high School, i believe they have one of the longest winning streaks in the country..

I wasn't saying he wasn't. I just think he needs to step up.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Where will this years championship game be held at? is it the Sugar or the fiesta or the Orange?

They start the new format next season. It will be the National Championship Game, not any of those bowls. But it will be played in one of those cities, next year is Tempe,AZ where the Fiesta Bowl is also played.

Back
Top Bottom