Predict Next Year's National Championship Game | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Next Year's National Championship Game

Ohio State v.s. LSU

Troy Smith was looking sharp at the end of the season.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Well that might be true. Any of the top conferences would be a joke if 3 of their top 5 teams left. The BigEast has the automatic bid this year again then I believe the current BCS contract will be up and the whole system will be re-evaluated.

That being said if there are 6 automatic bid again the BigEast will get one. It still is a far better conference then the MAC, WAC, Con USA, and any other mid major. I think they are only marginally behind the ACC and Big 12. Texas had very little competition last year, and the ACC sent FSU to the big game. What was a bigger joke, WVU getting a bid or FSU? Both got the bid fairly by the way the BCS is set up.

If your team can't win their conference and get a BCS bid maybe you should petition them to leave and go to an easier one. College football is what it is. Controversy is what gives it alot of coverage and the BCS system makes a ton of cash. I like the plus one game this year, finally a step in the right direction.

Man up and win your conference and quit whining about the BigEast getting a bid. If ya do and get lucky and play a BigEast team then ya can roll all over them like Georgia did this year. :tongue:

Don't act like the Big East should get a free pass when their best 3 teams left. When that happened, the Big East should have immediately been labeled a mid-major and their automatic bid should have been revoked. Don't get me wrong, I think WVU has a solid football program, and they probably would have went to a pretty good bowl game if they were in another major conference. The Big 12 was also a joke this year, but not nearly on the level of the Big East. I don't know why people still bash the ACC, especially a WVU fan whose team was handed a crushing defeat by an ACC team. Miami, FSU, Va Tech, and Clemson all would have beaten WVU last year. Ga Tech, Virginia, and BC would have also played WVU close with a chance to win. The ACC leads the country in bowl wins, has some of the very few teams with the balls to play outside the conference (wins against Auburn, WVU, and Colorado last year) and is still treated like they are "slightly better than the Big East". Please.
FSU deserved a BCS bid more than WVU did...they beat Va Tech. Miami owned the Big East when they were in there, so don't even try to act big now that we're gone. When we were there, WVU was a program nobody talked about, and deservedly so. I think they improved since we left, but if the Big East is what it was 4 years ago, WVU wouldn't even be in this thread.
But I do agree that FSU shouldn't have represented the ACC last year, but that's the ACC's fault for not sending Va Tech, not the NCAA or the BCS.

kpcane said:
Don't act like the Big East should get a free pass when their best 3 teams left. When that happened, the Big East should have immediately been labeled a mid-major and their automatic bid should have been revoked. Don't get me wrong, I think WVU has a solid football program, and they probably would have went to a pretty good bowl game if they were in another major conference. The Big 12 was also a joke this year, but not nearly on the level of the Big East. I don't know why people still bash the ACC, especially a WVU fan whose team was handed a crushing defeat by an ACC team. Miami, FSU, Va Tech, and Clemson all would have beaten WVU last year. Ga Tech, Virginia, and BC would have also played WVU close with a chance to win. The ACC leads the country in bowl wins, has some of the very few teams with the balls to play outside the conference (wins against Auburn, WVU, and Colorado last year) and is still treated like they are "slightly better than the Big East". Please.
FSU deserved a BCS bid more than WVU did...they beat Va Tech. Miami owned the Big East when they were in there, so don't even try to act big now that we're gone. When we were there, WVU was a program nobody talked about, and deservedly so. I think they improved since we left, but if the Big East is what it was 4 years ago, WVU wouldn't even be in this thread.
But I do agree that FSU shouldn't have represented the ACC last year, but that's the ACC's fault for not sending Va Tech, not the NCAA or the BCS.

When did I say they got a free pass?

You guys love to put words in my mouth, they are typed out easy to read. I said the BCS bid will get Re-evaluted and if they stick with 6 automatic bids, the BigEast will get one. The possiblity is 5-7 automatic bids.

I aslo agree alot of football teams out there could have beat WVU last year EARLY in the season. Heck we barely escaped Syracuse with a win the first game of the season. We had alot of freshman step up and take over. Slaton didn't start in the VT game and that was the first game he got any real playing time. White was also splinting snaps at QB untill after the Louisville game. We also had some young guys step up on D and at WR. That being said once WVU got on a role they could beat about any team in the country.

Even if WVU or any BigEast team goes undefeated next year they are not going to be guarenteed a National Championship game. They have to hope only 1 other school from another top conference goes undefeated. I realize this and have no objection to it. The schedule is weaker then most top schools.

My whole statment in this whole thread that keeps popping up is that the BigEast is the #6 conference and it is well about the mid-majors, and marginally below the #4 and #5 conferences, however ya rate them.
Look at the rankings the past 4 years.

This year there will be 10 BCS bids, I think giving the #6 conference an automatic bid isn't wrong.

By they way Miami U's top non-conference game this year is Louisville, Sep. 16th. Guess we can answer some more questions then.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
When did I say they got a free pass?

You guys love to put words in my mouth, they are typed out easy to read. I said the BCS bid will get Re-evaluted and if they stick with 6 automatic bids, the BigEast will get one. The possiblity is 5-7 automatic bids.

I aslo agree alot of football teams out there could have beat WVU last year EARLY in the season. Heck we barely escaped Syracuse with a win the first game of the season. We had alot of freshman step up and take over. Slaton didn't start in the VT game and that was the first game he got any real playing time. White was also splinting snaps at QB untill after the Louisville game. We also had some young guys step up on D and at WR. That being said once WVU got on a role they could beat about any team in the country.

Even if WVU or any BigEast team goes undefeated next year they are not going to be guarenteed a National Championship game. They have to hope only 1 other school from another top conference goes undefeated. I realize this and have no objection to it. The schedule is weaker then most top schools.

My whole statment in this whole thread that keeps popping up is that the BigEast is the #6 conference and it is well about the mid-majors, and marginally below the #4 and #5 conferences, however ya rate them.
Look at the rankings the past 4 years.

This year there will be 10 BCS bids, I think giving the #6 conference an automatic bid isn't wrong.

By they way Miami U's top non-conference game this year is Louisville, Sep. 16th. Guess we can answer some more questions then.

How ironic...I didn't say that you were giving them a free pass, I said you were acting like it...so heed your own advice and don't put words into others mouths.

WVU's only hope at a national title next year is to be the only undefeated team in the country, and they'll still be lucky to be the #2 seed in the BCS. Now that there are 10 BCS bids, it's ok to give the Big East an automatic bid, although there are still better teams.

And you're right...both Miami and WVU play at Louisville this year. Funny how we're actually playing a good team outside our conference, and WVU doesn't have the balls to play anyone else despite their weak conference.
And even though I disagree with the polls, I'll put up the number of ranked teams by major conference.
Pac 10 - 4 (how in the world you think the Pac 10 is better than the ACC is completely beyond me)
Big 12 - 4
Big 10 - 3
SEC - 5
ACC - 5
Big East - 2
And the Big East had no other votes in the AP poll, and the ACC had 3 more teams with votes. So in the top 40 the ACC had 8 teams, and the Big East had 2. I'd say there's more than a "marginal" difference between these 2 conferences.

Oboy said:
Ok, I know it is WAY early... but being that we are in the "off-season" and not much football left (only the Pro Bowl) I figured this would be fun. At this point we all know who has left for the NFL and most of the Signing classes have been finalized. So everyone predict who they think will be in the National Championship next season.

I say it will be ...

Ohio State vs. University of FLORIDA.

I was really impressed watching OSU in their Bowl game and I really think Meyer is going to do great things with the Gators.

Ok, everyone else lets hear your predictions.

COMO??? I accept

kpcane said:
How ironic...I didn't say that you were giving them a free pass, I said you were acting like it...so heed your own advice and don't put words into others mouths.

WVU's only hope at a national title next year is to be the only undefeated team in the country, and they'll still be lucky to be the #2 seed in the BCS. Now that there are 10 BCS bids, it's ok to give the Big East an automatic bid, although there are still better teams.

And you're right...both Miami and WVU play at Louisville this year. Funny how we're actually playing a good team outside our conference, and WVU doesn't have the balls to play anyone else despite their weak conference.
And even though I disagree with the polls, I'll put up the number of ranked teams by major conference.
Pac 10 - 4 (how in the world you think the Pac 10 is better than the ACC is completely beyond me)
Big 12 - 4
Big 10 - 3
SEC - 5
ACC - 5
Big East - 2
And the Big East had no other votes in the AP poll, and the ACC had 3 more teams with votes. So in the top 40 the ACC had 8 teams, and the Big East had 2. I'd say there's more than a "marginal" difference between these 2 conferences.

uhh OK, guess I was 'acting' in an earlier post. Maybe ya put action into an earlier post of mine and not words.... /shrug.

Yep thanx for the info, looks like the BigEast is marginally behind the #4 and #5 conferences. Well ahead of any Mid-Major too. Nice sample of only one year as well.

Now about the Schedule again.
VT Dropped WVU from their schedule
Maryland is Dropping WVU after 2007 I believe.

That being said we just got a deal with the SEC, we play Miss. State for 2 years, then Auburn for 2(stated Georgia in earlier thread was wrong.)
We also have a 2 year deal with FSU they come to Morgantown both years, steaming from the lawsuit against the ACC.
Working on ND for a deal. I think it will happen but be in a few years.

Three schools left the BigEast for money plain and simple. To be in the ACC and get a championship game. This hurt alot of schools in the BigEast and they will be given consideration untill they can bring up the level of play and interest in the BigEast. They will continue to get a automatic Bid.

You hating isn't gonna change anything. Anyways any conference can only send 2 teams to a BCS game. So ya will have to finish better then 3rd anyways to even be considered for a BCS bid.

WVU has the 'balls' to play any team. The problem is finding someone with the 'balls' to play us.

At least no one bailed on us this year so we don't have to play any div 1-AA schools. That is really bad when a top team gets a 1-AA team on their schedule. :wink:

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
uhh OK, guess I was 'acting' in an earlier post. Maybe ya put action into an earlier post of mine and not words.... /shrug.

Yep thanx for the info, looks like the BigEast is marginally behind the #4 and #5 conferences. Well ahead of any Mid-Major too. Nice sample of only one year as well.

Now about the Schedule again.
VT Dropped WVU from their schedule
Maryland is Dropping WVU after 2007 I believe.

That being said we just got a deal with the SEC, we play Miss. State for 2 years, then Auburn for 2(stated Georgia in earlier thread was wrong.)
We also have a 2 year deal with FSU they come to Morgantown both years, steaming from the lawsuit against the ACC.
Working on ND for a deal. I think it will happen but be in a few years.

Three schools left the BigEast for money plain and simple. To be in the ACC and get a championship game. This hurt alot of schools in the BigEast and they will be given consideration untill they can bring up the level of play and interest in the BigEast. They will continue to get a automatic Bid.

You hating isn't gonna change anything. Anyways any conference can only send 2 teams to a BCS game. So ya will have to finish better then 3rd anyways to even be considered for a BCS bid.

WVU has the 'balls' to play any team. The problem is finding someone with the 'balls' to play us.

At least no one bailed on us this year so we don't have to play any div 1-AA schools. That is really bad when a top team gets a 1-AA team on their schedule. :wink:
I really don't get the first part of your post. Guess you just don't understand basic colloqualisms. Anywho...you said the Big East was marginally behind the ACC. Having 8 teams in the top 40 does not make you "marginally" better than a team with 2 teams in the top 40. By the way what was the ACC vs. Big East record this year?? I can think of 4 games right away, Miami and NC State over USF, Va Tech over WVU and Lousville, and I'm sure there are more. The bottom line is your top guys can't hang with ours.
It doesn't matter who dropped who, as long as you guys play one of the weakest schedules in NCAA history, you have no reason for WVU to be considered a national title threat.
And as I said earlier, don't act like WVU has been the **** forever, and don't act like Miami wouldn't be winning that conference year in and year out again. Don't say what position we "should" finish in, just know that if we were in the Big East still, you guys would still be getting dominated.
And I really don't understand why everyone is busting Miami's balls for playing a school that's literally 10 minutes away (FIU). Obviously there were politics involved. Now West Virginia against East Carolina is something I want explained, you know the team you dominated last year by 5 measly points at home.

First since ya really takin it bad that I said the BigEast is only marginally behind the ACC and Big12 I changed that to whatever ya call #4 and #5 conference. I actually understated the ACC and I do think the Pac10 and Big12 are behind the ACC. At least since Miami, VT and BC joined up.

You conceded that the BigEast deserves the automatic bid, at least now since there are 10 bids. That was my main point in all this.

So guess we are even on some points we were trying to make.

I don't know why ya keep trying to turn this into a WVU v/s Miami debate. Miami is a top college and has been for years. WVU has been better through the years then you give them credit for though. I think we are the only 1-A school to have the conference title or share it in the past 3 years. That includes the last year VT and Miami were in the BigEast. WVU is getting better recruits and has a top coach.

The easy schedule is getting you riled up too.
School - #nonconfernce top 25 teams - names
Miami - 1 - Louisville
FS - 1 - Florida
VT - 0 - Cincinnati and S. Miss are bout the closest to top 25
These were the top 3 ACC schools so just picked those to look up

WVU plays Miss St. and Maryland.
I don't think that the nonconference schedule is so much more dominate. The ACC schedule itself is tougher then BigEast as you look at it now. Miami played 3 teams that finished in top 25 last year, WVU played 2. Starting in the 2008 season WVU Plays Auburn and from that year on should have at least one top school scheduled on the nonconference schedule. On par with most other teams.

As for East Carolina we have played them for few years now. Close school and decent nonconference game early in the season. The WVU defense was solid all year, but the offense had problems till after the Louisville game when Slaton and White became the starters. Then we blew out every team. WVU did beat Maryland 3rd game of the season pretty good though. Last I checked winning 20-15 isn't being dominated, losing 40-3 though would be I think.

Actually ya getting me thinking and looking up all these school's schedules I don't think that WVU has the cake walk of a schedule as most make it out to be. Guess till the season starts and teams start playing it is only speculation. Pitt has the talent to be a top 25, if Wanny don't screw them up again next year. Syracuse, Rutgers, and USF could alse turn out to be solid teams.

Key point to I think, WVU started 2005 season unranked. They should be ranked top 10 preseason in 2006 making it easier to move up the rankings. They finished #5 in 2005

Anyways looking forward to the 2006 Season.
Here's to WVU building on what they started in 2005 :drinkers:

Teams in the ACC don't need to play tough out of conference games to prove their worth. We're playing Texas A&M and Oklahoma next year, and Louisville this year, and I'm not happy about any of it. Meanwhile, WVU plays their weak in-conference schedule and weak out of conference schedule. The reason I'm upset about this is that WVU is being handed the BCS title game before the season has started, and that's ridiculous. I can guarantee you though, WVU would be #3 behind any other two undefeated teams from major conferences.

Back
Top Bottom