Predict our record next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our record next year

2019- 5 Wins
2020- 10 Wins
2021- 15 Wins?

Actually with even more talent brought over to the Dolphins, and last years young player having a year behind them...I am predicting 12 wins for Miami if all goes well.

If Miami gets 12 wins, and still miss playoffs, like they did with 10...I will know something has to be up.

While it is too early to predict... I do see a couple of positive signs. The five picks in the first three rounds is nice, but a better indication of success might be next year's schedule. Being matched up with the NFC South is nice. The best two teams (N.O. and Tampa) are in danger of being torn down, and the Falcons and Carolina don't frighten anyone.

Other games include: The Texans, Jags, and Giants... eww... and then we have the Jets twice.

I think elite you can use for anything that's in the top 5 percentile of any comparison you're making while blue chip is an adjective that states that it's a 'unique prospect'. I think 'Blue Chip' only applies for prospects and it is higher than elite when speaking prospects. LOL

32 teams. Top 5% of QB means there are 1.6 elite QBs in the NFL. We can round that to 2 QBs. Rodgers and Brees?

Give me Mahomes over either Rodgers and Brees at this stage of their careers.

I was responding to S&L > "elite you can use for anything that's in the top 5 percentile of any comparison"
If elite is only 2 QBs, the debate is on.

As far as '21 record, I can only echo most posters - too early

This was very popular during the offseason last year. We just went 10-6 and of course right now the question is if we really have or otherwise need a QB to build around but everyone knows we are getting our wins next year regardless. I hope for 14-3, expect a bare minimum of 12-5 and for anything under that I would be pretty pissed. POs should be expected from this team at this point.

As much as it pains me to tell you, the fact that you are hoping we have a winning record that tells tales of a top 5 NFL team just tells me you are looking for a broken heart. And to make matters even worse you are giving us a game for free with your bare minimum of wins. I'm sorry sir, but you will be among the most disappointed.

2019- 5 Wins
2020- 10 Wins
2021- 15 Wins?

Actually with even more talent brought over to the Dolphins, and last years young player having a year behind them...I am predicting 12 wins for Miami if all goes well.

If Miami gets 12 wins, and still miss playoffs, like they did with 10...I will know something has to be up.

We are bound to be the first team to Win 17 games in the regular season. It will be called the phantom undefeated team.

Is "blue chip" higher, or lower than "elite"? Or is it the same thing?

Can rookies realistically be expected to play at a pro bowl level? I know a few do, but very rarely, and elite level FAs are expensive.
The floor of a blue chip player is pro bowl worthy, and occasional all pro. Top 5ish player at their position respectively.

Rookies rarely meet this threshold in their first year, but it does happen. If you’re going to grab one of those guys, drafting #3 and in position for the best non-QB player in the draft is a great place to start

I think elite you can use for anything that's in the top 5 percentile of any comparison you're making while blue chip is an adjective that states that it's a 'unique prospect'. I think 'Blue Chip' only applies for prospects and it is higher than elite when speaking prospects. LOL
FO’s around the league (particularly Pro Personnel) use two different levels of “blue chip” players.

A top or high blue is a perennial all pro player. Top 2-3 player at their respective position. Starter on a SB winning team.

A bottom or low blue is a perennial pro bowl player (subjective) and occasional all pro. Going to have 2-3 years where they are at the top of their position, and a few where they are closer to top 5-7 at their position. Regardless, a starter at any position on a SB winning team.

TL;DR: X is a blue chip player. We need more X’s, particularly without the (when healthy) designation

Here ya go. Got a potential QB trade or non QB trade, no OC, no senior bowl, no combine, no FA, No draft and due to the new and improved Covid, don't know if any of those will happen or if they happen how they will be impacted. We don't know how many games are even in the PS or if the will happen as well. Yep. There ya go. Predict!

Back
Top Bottom