Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule

How do we finish the season?

• Total voters
With all the hype from fans saying Flores turned chicken poop into chicken salad because of what he did with street free agents, than the answer should be 10-6 or better now that we have considerably more talent. Unfortunately I don't board hype trains so I'm going with 6-10.

Last edited:
I'd say 6-10. We can't just look at the 5 win s with a bad roster and then say we added good players so we'll add to the total of wins......it doesn't work that way. The start of the year will be hard with us having so many new players and everyone trying to gel and of course no mini camp or OTA's. I hope I'm wrong of course but I can really see us starting 1-5. I believe we'll end up the year playing better as we did last season tho but by then it'll be too late to make a run imo. Week 11 is the bye and week 12 could be the week Tua starts.

Agree with that. I'm going to judge the team by last 10 games, regardless of W/L. Likely 4 new OLmen. New QB at some point. New RBs. New OC getting used to player skills. On D, Jones/NI/Van Noy/a safety minimum. Some plays there could be 6-8 new faces, depending on what rookies show.

Teams with a stable team and coaching staff will have the advantage the first few weeks. That's not Miami. If they get out of the first 6 games, 2-4 or better, I'll be pleased.

I would say 7-9. I don't expect us to get off to as slow a start as last year but I do think we'll get off to a slow start. There are a lot of new players and a whole new offensive staff and offensive playbook with no mini camps and possibly a shortened training camp. It's going to be a rough start early IMO.

I don't see us sweeping the Pats but we'll do the usual split, probably split with the Jets, as usual. We were swept by the Bills last year and if we're going to allow scrub Bills QBs to pass for a 120 passer rating against us I can see us getting swept again. It's been an issue for longer than Flores has been here...Thad Lewis, Tyrod Taylor, even Fitzpatrick had a few games up near 100 passer rating against us. Pretty sure both of Allen's games against us were up near 115 passer rating...His two games against us he completed 62.7% of his passes and 5 TDs with 0 INTs against the rest of the league he had a passer rating of 80.9, completed 58.2% of his passes and had 15 TDs and 9 INTs. Until we play that scrub better we're not beating Buffalo. Their defense is too good.

Ok, so the schedules out now. We won 5 games last year with the worst roster in NFL history. Now we have arguably 10-12 new starters coming in after a barn burner offseason including a QB who should premier sometime this season or next depending upon your viewpoint. Sure, CV might goof it up or maybe not at all as well as the fact that we have now recognized that UFO's exist. But barring all of that and there being a full season, what do you predict? Cut and paste as well as enter the final in the poll.

I think we show up and kick the Pats in the balls at their opener which would have us beating them at home in back to back games over two seasons. I think we hold off the Bills in our opener and then show up and beat Uncle Rico like Tyson vs. Mcneely. Seattle is our first loss followed by a tough loss to 49ers. We rebound and our CB's are feasting on the Broncos with this game also marking the beginning of Tua Time. We head to LA and Tua get's his first road win while Tua clearly outshines Herbert. We continue our LA vacation by picking Goff three times and barely getting out with a win. We then head to Arizona and the game is a passing clinic with us losing in OT. We then beat the hapless Jets on our field and go into the bye 7-3 and firmly on Tua Time. We then head to the Jets and beat them (Darnold is looking really bad at this point and it looks like Gase is going to get fired). We blow out Cincinatti where Burrow wishes he could go back to LSU and then we lose to KC. The pats show up and are looking pretty bad and we enjoy beating them. We fly to the Raiders where Mariotta has supplanted Carr and the team resembles a dumpster fire and beat them and then lose a snow game for the ages at Buffalo to have us finish 11-5 and AFC East Champs hosting a WC game.

Sept. 13: at New England, W 1-0

Sept. 20: vs. Buffalo, W 2-0

Sept. 24: at Jacksonville, W 3-0

Oct. 4: vs. Seattle, L 3-1

Oct. 11: at San Francisco, 3-2

Oct. 18: at Denver, W 4-2

Oct. 25: vs. L.A. Chargers, W 5-2

Nov. 1: vs. L.A. Rams, W 6-2

Nov. 8: at Arizona, L 6-3

Nov. 15: vs. N.Y. Jets, W 7-3

Nov. 22: BYE

Nov. 29: at N.Y. Jets, W 8-3

Dec. 6: vs. Cincinnati, W 9-3

Dec. 13: vs. Kansas City, L 9-4

Dec. 20: vs. New England, W 10-4

Dec. 27: at Las Vegas, W 11-4

Jan. 3: at Buffalo, L 11-5

Very optimistic, lol

I think with an improved defensive showing and a stabilized Kringlemeister at QB, Miami could win 7-8 games. But if Fitzpatrick faulters and falls back into bad habits, Miami could conceivably be worse than 2019? Imo it all falls on Ryan Fitzpatrick's play. If he's good 7-8 wins is my prediction. If he sucks, 5-6 games is what I'll predict.

I'm optimistic about the season as whole, but I think we are set up to start very slow and come on strong after a few games, similar to last year.
We actually have two proven RBs now, not a 1.8ypc guy, and so our QB won't be our leading rusher this year. I think the addition of Jones and Van Noy on defense is huge and our D won't be the dumpster fire it was at the beginning of last year. 10-6 - with a lot of luck

I think with an improved defensive showing and a stabilized Kringlemeister at QB, Miami could win 7-8 games. But if Fitzpatrick faulters and falls back into bad habits, Miami could conceivably be worse than 2019? Imo it all falls on Ryan Fitzpatrick's play. If he's good 7-8 wins is my prediction. If he sucks, 5-6 games is what I'll predict.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

The "D", I believe, will be top half by seasons end. If the offense can find a way to manufacture some points, particularly early in games, and as a whole, we could easily be 9-7.

It is inconceivable to me that we wont be substantially better running the ball. If Fitz doesn't melt down, and throw moronic picks, we have a shot at the division (albeit a slim shot).

Slow start strong finish? Perhaps.. Year 2 of Flores.
Does enough cohesion already exists? Major holes were filled!
But it's gonna take some time for them to get acclimated.
8 - 10 wins

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

The "D", I believe, will be top half by seasons end. If the offense can find a way to manufacture some points, particularly early in games, and as a whole, we could easily be 9-7.

It is inconceivable to me that we wont be substantially better running the ball. If Fitz doesn't melt down, and throw moronic picks, we have a shot at the division (albeit a slim shot).

I can go with that. Someone has already mentioned it depends on if Miami sees the 'good' RF or the 'bad' RF. If he plays the way he did the last 5-6 games AND if the run game is working, I think Miami can exceed my 6 win prediction. D will depend on pass rush. It will be better than last year, but that's a real low bar

I said 9-7.

I was going to say lower, but I keep forgetting the unpredictability of the AFC East. Add in our QB situation... Fitzpatrick's penchant for falling apart eventually, Rosen possibly growing, not knowing when Tua will start...and this is all so unpredictable right now.

For what it's worth, I think the Bills will be worse than expected, while the Jets will be better than expected.

Back
Top Bottom