Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule

How do we finish the season?

• Total voters
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

The "D", I believe, will be top half by seasons end. If the offense can find a way to manufacture some points, particularly early in games, and as a whole, we could easily be 9-7.

It is inconceivable to me that we wont be substantially better running the ball. If Fitz doesn't melt down, and throw moronic picks, we have a shot at the division (albeit a slim shot).
Meh. D is going to be top ten easy this year. They are going to beat teams like I beat you in March Madness LOL.

I can go with that. Someone has already mentioned it depends on if Miami sees the 'good' RF or the 'bad' RF. If he plays the way he did the last 5-6 games AND if the run game is working, I think Miami can exceed my 6 win prediction. D will depend on pass rush. It will be better than last year, but that's a real low bar
Pass rush, yes. That is questionable at this point, but our run defense should be much improved. We were short 2 interior linemen from having a solid, viable rotation. We should be in a better position to effectively "set the edge" as well.

Pass rush, yes. That is questionable at this point, but our run defense should be much improved. We were short 2 interior linemen from having a solid, viable rotation. We should be in a better position to effectively "set the edge" as well.

From memory, it seems most of the opponent's rush success was on the edge. With a little luck, that's been improved/

I think there will be a step back. but its a good thing compared to pretending that we were just a draft and a huge FA away from competing

It can be as bad as only 6 wins...
-The FitzTragic effect.
-There will be a lot of youth starting.
-O-line will be considered fixed only when finally proven to be fixed.
- Williams will be coming back from injury, Wilson is still coming back from injury, Parker has Injury past.
-Though there is a load of potential, will Miami have a legit pass-rush this year.
-The 2nd year curse for new HCs that have an impressive 1st year.
-Though Miami will have two quality RBs this coming year, neither one was a starter.

It could be as good as 11 wins...
-Miami Secondary looks like it could be way above average.
- Though Coach Flores said Pass-Rush would be generated by defensive planning, there actually is some good talent this year.
-The FitzMagic effect.
-Miami will have two RBs that have good talent.
-The O-line will for the 1st time have the most solid talent across the whole line.
-If Fitz were to struggle, there is a very good chance Tua will be ready (As long as line proves itself to be playing well in protecting the QB).
-Miami will this year have quite a lot of defensive players that can play the run well.
-Miami with a depleted roster won 5 games, including beating a Brady lead Patriots team in NE desperate to win, how will this more talented team do with a schedule that actually looks very doable.

Split with the AFC West, NFC West, AFC East and beat the Bengals and Jaguars.

Are there 3 wildcards this summer? 8-8 could get you in playoffs if there wildcards

I'm thinking 8-8. Hoping for more, but I really want to see how Flores handles this team in his second year. Quietly optimistic.

Last edited:
It really is BS that a 5-11 team draws such a tough schedule.

The notion that bad teams get an easier schedule is crap.

9 wins is my gut feeling. I don't think anyone will want to play us. This team will be tough to beat. A trickle of fitzmagic here and there and I think we might slip into the playoffs.

Are there 3 wildcards this summer? 8-8 could get you in playoffs if there wildcards
13 teams get in instead of 12. #2 seed has to host a WC game starting this year which equals one more AFC and one more NFC WC games.

It really is BS that a 5-11 team draws such a tough schedule.

The notion that bad teams get an easier schedule is crap.

the schedule is set way in advance and has been since Houston entered the league in 2002.

i can already tell you that were gonna play the AFC South and NFC South in 2021 regardless of what happens in 2020.

the only difference between a first place schedule and a last place schedule is two opponents. that's it.

Worst-case scenario: 5 wins and a top-5 pick again. But competitive in almost every game and no 40+ point losses like we started last year.

Best-case scenario: 9 wins and eliminated for the wild card at Buffalo.

I see an improved team headed in the right direction with much more talent throughout the roster, but with the combination of being a very young team and a hard schedule I don't think the improvement will manifest in the win column. I see a 5-11 record, which is fine with me. Give me another high draft pick and four draft picks in the first two rounds in next year's draft combined with Tua already in the fold, and Miami should be ready to roll in 2021 and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom