Predict The Dolphins' First-round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict The Dolphins' First-round Pick

#1-FREE SAFETY

I can live with James but scheme/need/value fit; Fitzpatrick is near perfection.

#2-DEFENSIVE TACKLE

We have just 3 true DT’s on the roster out of 8 linemen, 2 second year players and Phillips. Throw in that none of them are a true 1 tech and to me that is scary particularly when you have so many questions at LB.

I love Vea, this guy has to be double teamed every single snap. He alone improves our LB’s by letting them run free but with that said that is not really how our scheme works. Taven Bryan, who I love as well, seems more along the lines of the attacking front Gase has talked about.

The other issue here is that makes 9 linemen on the roster, somebody will likely need to go and that doesn’t leave a lot of snaps left for a #11 pick especially in a rotating front.

#3 LINEBACKER

This all depends on how they view TJ. Is he a safety, linebacker or hybrid? If they view him as a safety then I’ll go Edmunds over Smith.

I actually like Smith better than Edmunds but feel Smith is just not a good scheme fit for our defense as he will get run over behind a defensive line that is attacking upfield and not keeping linebackers clean.

If Minkah and possibly James (just don’t love his game) aren’t there then I would trade down and look for Taven Bryan or LVE later on. I have little interest in any of the QB’s.

you cant cut suh and draft a 1st rd DT. if they do that i might be burning more dolphins **** in my front yard like the night we lost 40-love to the ravens on national tv.

i think they want to trade up but dont have as much as other teams have to offer and will end up going LB or S at 11. the QBs aint fallin folks. QBs chubb and barkley are you top 6.

There is always 2 or 3 picks in the first 10 picks that really make you scratch your head. Im wondering who will be this years wtf teams.

I think this is one of the more unpredictable drafts in recent history, especially picks 1-10 so it's very hard to pick who will be there at 11. If we don't move at all, then I will say that I think James is the best player left and we take him. I know I'm probably wrong, but there it is.

I'll say Minkah if he's there as Mayfield won't be. If Minkah, Edmunds and Smith are all gone then I'm hoping for a trade down

I predict we stand pat and take one of the LBers or DBs that falls to us. If we trade it'll be if a QB is still on the board and we move one spot with Buffalo or we get a kings ransom from the Cards or maybe the Jags.

Back
Top Bottom