PREDICT the JETS 05 Record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PREDICT the JETS 05 Record

Lets be realistic guys, as much as we all hate the Jets they are the best team in the division(no disrespect to the Pats but this run is over). I am predicting a 11-5 season unless Pennington goes down. I do however, see us splitting with them.

Wagon Circler said:
Lets try to be somewhat realistic.

KC - win
MIA - win
JAX - lose
BAL - win
BUF - lose
ATL - lose
SD - win
CAR - lose
NO - win
NE - lose
OAK - win
MIA - win
NE - lose
BUF - win

10-6 looks a lot more realistic to me. The Jets get no respect at all.

No way the Jets will win @Baltimore

No way the Jets win in Baltimore or Kansas City, at home maybe, not on the road. San Diego will be out for vengence too, so that could be a tough one at home for them.

They may beat the Falcons in Atlanta. The Eagles have shown the league how to frustrate Vick if you have a good defense, and the Jets have a good defense.

Wagon Circler said:
Why? Baltimore, and KC for that matter, are nothing but hype.

Its Balitmore. Ever see their Defense play at home? They were 6-2 at home last year, one of those 6 wins against Pitt. and their 2 L's by a combined 4 points. Thats why I think the Jets will lose there. They also beat them IN New York last year.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
Its Balitmore. Ever see their Defense play at home? They were 6-2 at home last year, one of those 6 wins against Pitt. and their 2 L's by a combined 4 points. Thats why I think the Jets will lose there. They also beat them IN New York last year.
They beat pitt when Maddox was starting.

I'm not going to declare Baltimore as the super bowl champion until their hypefest turns into a reality.

painnotpleasure said:
Wow, I originally thought 9 or 10 wins but after looking at that schedule... I'm starting to think 6 of 7.

6 or 7 but the dolphins w/ a similar sched will win 11 or 12, right? :lol:

They racked up wins against HORRIBLE teams last year and lost to ALL the good teams on their schedule. The only team that had a winning record when they beat them was the Seahawks and they SUCKED anyways.

What about the Chargers? We beat them twice on the ROAD.

The Jets are what I like to refer to as an "every other team" as in there good every other year. The reason for this is b/c they get a good record one year then get a hard schedule the next, then they lose 10 games, then get an easy schedule next year and win 10 games. The Jets I feel are in the worst posistion of any NFL team b/c there good enough to beat up on below avg teams but not good enough to beat above Average teams on a regular basis.

That is silly, playing in the AFC East the sched is always hard, we haven't had an easy sched in many, many years and w/ the new schedule format only 2 games are determined by the previous year's record. The only way we have a down year this year is if we have alot of injuries.

San Diego will be out for vengence too, so that could be a tough one at home for them.

San Diego was out for vengeance for a thrashing we put on them in '02 when we played them in Week 2, how did that work out? SD was out for vengeance in the playoffs for the '02 thrashing and the Week 2 loss, how did that work out? and those games were at SD , now they come here.

W/ Quincy Carter at QB and w/ the worst OC in the history of the NFL calling a halfback option up 14-0 and going in for a score that would have put the game away but instead it's an INT and completely changes the game around.

Some of these predicitions are hilarious- 5, 6, 7 wins :lol: Come on, we were 10-6 and needed 1 of 2 makeable FGs to get to the AFC Title Game and we have IMPROVED this offseason. At absolute worst we'll be 9-7 and that's if we have a bad year.

10 wins in my book they have a good young team and a great head coach! My raiders should win at least 11 games!

Wagon Circler said:
Why? Baltimore, and KC for that matter, are nothing but hype.
Well, they are hyped a lot and it makes me want to puke, but Baltimore has a good defense and have aquired Derric Mason, Heap is recovered and Boller has had three years in the system, if he can come through so that their passing game is approaching the middle of the pack by week 4 they could be more legit than hype this year.
Plus they play the Jets at home after their bye.

Kansas City has upgraded their defense with Knight, Bell, Surtain, a couple of others. Gunther Cunningham is in his 2nd year with his system.
This is the first game of the season so how well these players jell will be a question, but they will be an upgrade, even this early over what they had.
Then we get back to an opening game at Arrowhead. It's a tuff place to play, but the place will be rockin' like the Ralph would be. Pennington gets to try out his fixed rotor cuff for real for the 1st time as well.

Oaklandraider said:
10 wins in my book they have a good young team and a great head coach! My raiders should win at least 11 games!

You need a defense first.

Back
Top Bottom