Predicted Master Plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicted Master Plan

Our oline is considered "good" now?
Agree. I think better is may be a more accurate word. With our two first round picks my thinking is wide receiver and offense of line. With our two second round picks I think we need a running back and then I’m not sure which would be better between a second wide receiver, another lineman either offense or defense or an edge rusher

I expect the goal of the offseason will be to revamp the wide receiver group. I expect two or three upgrades to this unit, maybe one in free agency but not too expensive. Ideally, Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden are battling it out for 4th and 5th receivers roles.

As to the draft, Grier will maximize the value of that #3 pick. Unless there is a can't have player there (Smith, Sewell), I fully expect Miami will trade the pick. With three quarterbacks being talked about as franchise types, the Dolphins could get a bundle for the pick.

If you're drafting a high offensive lineman, you're not moving Erick Flowers or Solomon Kindley off guard, and youre not moving Hunt off RT. Not with their progression this season. You're moving Jackson. To the bench, likely.

I think free agent WRs or even trading for receiver is a safer option than drafting a receiver... even Devonta Smith.
I personally think we’ll add a vet and draft one. I also think Chase is still 100% in the conversation to be the first receiver drafted. I’ll be happy drafting either of them. Many fin fans will disagree on this but I’d highly consider trading for Julio. I think he’s gonna be traded for peanuts. If he manages to stay healthy then he could be a huge pick up for us but that is a big if. I’m not worried about his contract, especially since this free agent receiver class is about to get PAID. Julio, Smith, Parker, and Gesicki could be NASTY.

Last edited:
Davanta Smith put on a show. He couldn't be stopped! I'll admit I was bowled over by this kids skills. He's going to skip the NFL and go directly to the Hall Of Fame! OK, I'm totally kidding and will admit to being a little over the top in my praise but damn, that's what he looked like Monday night!! When did we last see a performance like that? I saw enough to really want him on the Dolphins. Our receiver room needs a big upgrade and Smith is a fantastic start. I'd draft 2 receivers overall in this draft. After Smith I'd like to get a guy that has some toughness and physicality, like a Jarvis Landry type. Gase, the moron, traded him.

If you're drafting a high offensive lineman, you're not moving Erick Flowers or Solomon Kindley off guard, and youre not moving Hunt off RT. Not with their progression this season. You're moving Jackson. To the bench, likely.
Really? I am glad to hear that Hunt can be a starting RT. Does everyone agree?

Finally the Dolphins are in win now mode. No longer needing to overly save cap, get picks, develop youth, etc.

Prediction on Grier plan. Remember he is a true draft guy, that’s his roots. So the idea that he is going to try to fill all the weaknesses of the roster in upcoming draft is NOT a true draft guys way of drafting. He knows and has said it repeatedly that is where so many mistakes are made. Missed picks (busts) are extremely common, he wants to lessen this by aiming for quality players over position of needs. Obviously he is aware of positions he wants and will try but that has never been his top priority. The way around this is to remember that the draft is only one facet of building a roster. Trades, FA signings, picking up released veterans, especially teams looking to rebuild-will be used.

Back to draft- He will pick best available if no other player(even at a position of need) is close to quality of player. Also in today’s NFL with cap, not every position will be filled with a star. Look at how they built defense! Secondary they choose to build into a major strength! Instead of overly trying to make every unit a beast. The one strength makes every other position better than it actually is. Look for the same approach on offense. Thus it is likely Grier wants to make Oline into a beast especialy given he can actually accomplish this due to having third pick and who likely will be available. Thus Sewell being the pick (if Grier views him as the best in years). This would reasonably raise the oline from good to great. By so doing every position on offense, every one, becomes better than what they are. Also you protect your main investment, a small quarterback who can get hurt more easily. Also Tua‘s passing percentage when not under duress was already among best in league even in his shaky rookie year. Then they will ‘try’ and draft skill players left and right (Moving up and down in draft).

FA/TRADES- Look for them to get one excellent receiver, who gets separation as priority. Combine that with a young receiver in draft. Look for them to trade Parker (who struggles to seperate) if they get a receiver this way to offset financial cost and pick up a mid round pick. Then one pass rusher that is aged and looking to get out of a rebuild situation.

Thats my prediction of what he will do.
I don't want to use the dreaded "P" word, some have overused it already. If you mind isn't made up, I don't know what is?

what I would do, Samoans and Samoans only! Sewell at 3, JuJu in FA. Trade the rest of draft picks for a rainy day so as to draft Samoans that are 1st and 2nd rounders! I am not prejudice.

what I would do, Samoans and Samoans only! Sewell at 3, JuJu in FA. Trade the rest of draft picks for a rainy day so as to draft Samoans that are 1st and 2nd rounders! I am not prejudice.
I love Samoas.....my fav girl scout cookie.

711t50bf+CL._SL1500_.jpg

We tried that before remember

:lol:

Got us 1 and 15 under Cam :bobdole:

We have to get Davanta Smith @3. He's Jerry Rice reborn except if possible better. After that land Najee Harris, trade up, cheat, do what you've got to do to get this TD machine on the Dolphins. Both are extra special talents and we need both. Then teams will fear us. I think I'm watching the Godfather too much lately! After that pick BPA.
Blasphemy

New Rules

You can’t compare any WR to Jerry Rice. He was the greatest to ever play the game. Nobody is on his level.

New Rules

You can’t compare any WR to Jerry Rice. He was the greatest to ever play the game. Nobody is on his level.

As a teenager, I always loved Sterling Sharpe. I thought him and Rice were going to battle for the best NFL WR of all time. They were just both in the right system at the right time. Hardly anyone ever talks about Sharpe with the great WR's of the 90's but if it wasn't for his injury he would definitely be wearing a gold jacket.

At this point Jackson would is a better tackle than Hunt. If they draft Sewell I think he would play RT because that is Tua’s blindside. I think Kindley, Hunt, and Flowers would rotate at guard during the 2021 season and Hunt wI’ll take over for Flowers permanently in 2022 once the Dolphins cut or trade Flowers.

Back
Top Bottom