Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sept. 9: vs. Titans, 1 p.m.; FOX—L—The titans are an underrated team and they're solid in the trenches. This is a tough matchup for the Dolphins week 1. It should be a close game, but Miami has a lot of unknowns and it'd take a lot of things working right to beat the Titans week 1.

Sept. 16: at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—Miami comes back the next week at the Jets and gets its first win of the season, and an important AFC East victory early in the season.

Sept. 23: vs. Raiders, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—I like Miami in this game too. Oakland hasn't done a great job of protecting Carr and I think this should be a good matchup for Miami.

Sept. 30: at Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS—L—It happens every year, Miami goes up to NE and gets womped by the Patriots. With a 2-2 record in September, Miami isn't out of the playoff hunt by any means, but will need a strong push in October and November to be in contention.

Record after September: 2-2

Oct. 7: at Bengals, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—This is another very winnable game. But Cincinnati's weapons are really good, so Miami will need to lock down AJ Green and get pressure on the QB, which I think they'll be able to do.

Oct. 14: vs. Bears, 1 p.m.; FOX—W—Chicago is still a young team, and I think Miami has the pieces to get their young QB rattled.

Oct. 21: vs. Lions, 1 p.m. FOX—W—Third win in a row puts Miami at 5-2. This is another tough matchup but I think Miami has the players to shut down the Lions' run game and turn them into a one-dimensional offense. Will be close but I think Miami gets the W.

Oct. 25 (Thursday): at Texans, 8:20 p.m.;FOX—L—the dreaded primetime game. The Texans are a solid team and if Watson is healthy, they're really dangerous and can score a lot. Watson's ability to get out of the pocket with his legs, and keeping plays alive, will be Miami's demise in this game.

Record after October: 5-3

Nov. 4: vs. N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—The Jets are by no means easy, but if their rookie QB is playing, Miami should have the edge.

Nov. 11: at Packers, 1 p.m.; CBS—L—Playing at Lambeau is a tough task, and GB's offense is so good when Rodgers is healthy.

Nov. 18: Bye Week

Nov. 25: at Colts, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—even if Luck is playing, Indy has a pretty weak team all around

Record after November: 7-4

Dec. 2: vs. Bills, 1 p.m.; CBS—W—Young/unproven QBs for the Bills. Should be a winnable game.

Dec. 9: vs. Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS—L—Because Patriots.

Dec. 16: at Vikings, 1 p.m.; CBS—L—One of the toughest defenses in the NFL that will be problems for the Dolphins offense.

**Dec. 23: vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m.;CBS—L—Again, probably the toughest defense in the NFL and Miami struggles to put up points.

Dec. 30: at Bills, 1 pm.; CBS—W—With playoffs possibly on the line, Miami has to go to Buffalo to get a W. They do, and finish the season 9-7 with a 4-2 record in the AFC East.

Phins : vs. Titans=L
Phins : at N.Y. Jets=W
Phins : vs. Raiders=L
Phins : at Patriots=L

1-3

We have a history of starting out slow 1-3 is likely. Since 2012 the Dolphins are 5-13=.278 against divisional opponents on the road though surprisingly we are 4-2 against the Jets which mean 4 of the 5 road divisional wins have been against the Jets.

Phins : at Bengals=W

Phins : vs. Bears=W

Phins : vs. Lions=L

Phins : at Texans=L

3-5

We pick up steam but have a losing record, the forum is in an uproar. Is Tannehill the answer? threads are popping up ever other day. Why is Gase an idiot is the most searched question in Google for the south florida region. People start bringing up our draft position, the sky is falling.

Phins : vs. N.Y. Jets: W

Phins : at Packers: W

Bye Week

Phins : at Colts: W

6-5

Dolphins D destroys the Jets rookie QB. Tannehill out duels Rodgers in a shootout, it is a signature win for Gase and Tannehills best game of the season so far. Gore scores 2 TD's on his former team. People sign up for a math class at their community college to see what the odds are of a playoff hunt.

Phins : vs. Bills: W

Phins : vs. Patriots: W

Phins : at Vikings: L

Phins : vs. Jaguars: W

Phins : at Bills: L

9-7

We beat the Patriots and sit at 8-5, it feels familiar. Those community college math classes have helped, the odds look good. Unfortunately that Viking defense is too good. Some of us lose hope but than we beat the Jaguars thanks to Bortles 3 int game and a stellar 4 sack game from the defense. If we beat the Bills we're in the playoffs if we lose we have to hope the Raiders lose their game. A Tannehill lead team is 0-5 against the Bills on the road. We pray to the football gods for a Raiders loss. Do they answer our prayers?

Too early.

Y'all will see mine in the staff predictions shortly after the 3rd preseason game.
Agreed brother. I want to see how they are playing together, players recovering from injuries, and what rookies are bringing it. I also want to see if we have roster changes for the better from good competition in camp.

Don't put too much weight in to what Vegas thinks before the season start - they don't anymore than we do at this point. Here were the projected 2017 win totals they put out prior to the NFL season and their actual win total

Eagles o/u 8 (13)
Bills o/u 6 (9)
Panthers o.u 8.5 (11)
Jaguars o/u 6 (10)
Rams o/u 5.5 (11)
Vikings o/u 8.5 (13)
Saints o/u 8 (11)

We are gonna win the least amount needed to NOT get a top 10 pick.

We will win the least amount needed to keep the ENTIRE front office.

Gase stays....
Tannehill stays...
We will all talk mad crap on the Dolphins until the draft happens....
Magically after the draft, faith is restored, people will start to predict 9-7 or 10-6 with playoff hopes...

And history repeats.

I’m gonna say 8-10 wins. We’ll win some we shouldn’t and lose some too probably

A lot of you guys are giving us the L for the titans, I think it will be a close game but absolutely winnable for us

i am looking at this 6 to 8 win miss playoff....it possible 9-7 but every thing must go right. fighting for that last spot in afc is going be exciting...

Last edited:
Yea Vegas has us a 6.5 . . . I think that is about accurate.

That being said it doesn’t take much for a team to Pick up 3 wins or 3 losses more in the NFL.

As of today, I don’t feel comfortable taking the over or the under.

Back
Top Bottom