Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total

You can never predict who the Dolphins will beat and who they will lose to. They've always been the poster-child for inconsistency. But with that said they are easily a

6-11 win team this year.

Ruh roh ...

My optimism is returning. All of a couple of days ago, I predicted 7-9 / 8-8 type season. But having read various posts & messages around the place, I'm starting to get giddy. It's not even July, and I'm starting to get giddy.

I can pretty much GUARANTEE I'll have placed a bet on the Fins for the Superbowl by the time the season starts at this rate.:biggrin

Ruh roh ...

My optimism is returning. All of a couple of days ago, I predicted 7-9 / 8-8 type season. But having read various posts & messages around the place, I'm starting to get giddy. It's not even July, and I'm starting to get giddy.

I can pretty much GUARANTEE I'll have placed a bet on the Fins for the Superbowl by the time the season starts at this rate.:biggrin

I made a bet on the Over win total a week ago. Going to make a few more too once I see RT play in the pre season.

Ruh roh ...

"So get up, get up, no I'm never gonna let up, so you might as well sing along...."

I really believe we will sweep the Patriots this year.

Applying those two wins to your other selections would leave us with 11Wins to 5 Losses. Keep in mind how we handled the Patriots last year with a much less effective Dolphins team than we have this year and that we typically split each year with the Patriots. We are rising and the Patriots are not improving that I can see.

Haha

And to think there were some kids on this site who thought stafford wasnt very good.

I give you 100 tannehills for stafford.

...and your prediction was? Because I have a feeling when it's all set and done, he will be closer then you.
I believe his prediction was 7-9 or 8-8. Same as what I said.

I love @Ray R but I don't believe he'll be closer than @JahnDho when the season finished. Ray is a great believer in Gase, and makes a compelling case for it. But ... when you look at what is put on the field every week, Gase has this team headed for another average season. I said it in another thread just now, we win some games we shouldn't, we lose some games we should. We're an up and down team, we're an average team. What has he fixed since he came in? These issues were around when he came in: Bad OL play, Not getting to the QB enough, Not scoring enough points, Not consistent, Not stopping other teams from scoring points, Penalties, slow starts. Tell me which of those have been fixed in 2.5 years? He's got his players now. He's got his "culture". Salguero said it in his article last night - what is the team's identity? What does the team do well, consistently? Nothing!

Another thing I'd like to add - I've seen people excusing Gase in various threads, saying "There's not enough talent". Well, Gase was the one who made the call to trade away the talent. He has his vision, which is high character, and I'm not one to say he's wrong. However, to give him a pass because we have "no talent" is wrong in my opinion, when he has traded away a number of talented players because they don't fit what he wants.

Another thing I'd like to add - I've seen people excusing Gase in various threads, saying "There's not enough talent". Well, Gase was the one who made the call to trade away the talent. He has his vision, which is high character, and I'm not one to say he's wrong. However, to give him a pass because we have "no talent" is wrong in my opinion, when he has traded away a number of talented players because they don't fit what he wants.

You may want to consider that talent is one thing, functioning talent is another and specific skill sets that may enhance or detract from what we need on the field is the most important.

You may want to consider that talent is one thing, functioning talent is another and specific skill sets that may enhance or detract from what we need on the field is the most important.
I hear ya. I'm not saying if he keeps the talent we do better or worse. I'm just saying, using "talent" as an excuse is not valid, as it was his decision to get rid of that talent. I'm talking Ajayi, Suh, Landry, Pouncey. They're all talented players, and they've all functioned at a high level in the league for a number of years. Were they causing issues? Yes, each one of them in their own way. Was he right to get rid of them - I'm not making any call on that one way or the other. All i'm saying is, each and every one of those is a talented guy, a top level guy who would be wanted by a lot of teams ... and Gase chose to get rid of them. So, to use talent as an excuse is just not valid.

Gase has his team now. And it's not a good team.

I hear ya. I'm not saying if he keeps the talent we do better or worse. I'm just saying, using "talent" as an excuse is not valid, as it was his decision to get rid of that talent. I'm talking Ajayi, Suh, Landry, Pouncey. They're all talented players, and they've all functioned at a high level in the league for a number of years. Were they causing issues? Yes, each one of them in their own way. Was he right to get rid of them - I'm not making any call on that one way or the other. All i'm saying is, each and every one of those is a talented guy, a top level guy who would be wanted by a lot of teams ... and Gase chose to get rid of them. So, to use talent as an excuse is just not valid.

Gase has his team now. And it's not a good team.

To be fair, so far its an average team.

The biggest problem I see is the inconsistency with game planning, which, by the way, seems to also be a problem other teams like the Lions are having. Lets see where we are at the end of this year.

To be fair, so far its an average team.

The biggest problem I see is the inconsistency with game planning, which, by the way, seems to also be a problem other teams like the Lions are having. Lets see where we are at the end of this year.
Yeah, fair point. It is very inconsistent, the game planning. But .. the one area where it's consistent is, the slow starts. That's just appalling, and it's showing no signs of improving. Bear in mind, we're basically halfway through season 3, and he still hasn't figure that out. Do we wait till the end of the season? What if that hasn't shown it, wait to halfway through next year etc?

I'm not advocating a coaching change (well, a new DC would be nice), don't get me wrong there. But questions need to be asked. And I think he absolutely needs to give up playcalling. There are so many issues with this team, I think we need a HC who is overseeing the whole thing. Right now, he's spending so much time working on the offensive side of the ball that he can't have enough time to give to the other side of the ball. And he's failing with the offensive side of the ball, however you look at it.

The NFL is a league of parity, in theory. What you need is a scheme, a coach, and a few talented players to push you over the edge. Well, we're in year 3 of Gase, and I don't see that we have any of those things yet. How long do we give him? I dunno, I am tired of the constant change. But I want to see improvement, or a philosophy. I'm not seeing that. It's all well and good to say his philosophy is about "culture", well, that's all well and good, but if you don't have scheme and talent to go with that, it's gonna get you nowhere.

You mention the Lions - they are in their 1st year under their HC for a start. So you'd expect some teething problems there. But, they've shown in a couple of games that they can really dominate teams. Make no mistake, they absolutely dominated the Fins yesterday. And they dominated the Pats. Have we dominated anyone this year, in year 3 of Gase? We haven't, we've had some good luck, we've had some bad luck.

My one question to you is ... are you concerned yet at all that you're viewing the start of a dynasty, or do you still firmly believe? (Don't let me down @Ray R ... )

Back
Top Bottom