Predicting The Future With J-off | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Future With J-off

Great stuff, J-Off.

What's your take on Tavon Bryan? He seems to be one of the more intriguing prospects to me. Would love to get Trenton Thompson with one of the 4th rounders. Can you imagine Miami's pass rush if the team landed both of these guys?

Would love your take on Mason Rudolph as well. I'm been watching a lot of tape of the next group of qb's after the perceived top four. I still get the feeling Miami will surprise with that #11 pick and I could definitely see Rudolph or Lamar Jackson there. Not advocating, just trying to think with the front office.

Thank you, SF! I like Bryan and think he'll go in the first 25 picks, which would be appropriate value imo. I like him best as a 4/5-tech in a 1-gap odd front, because I think that's where his athleticism will come through in the most significant way. The further you move inside, the less athleticism matters/the more instincts, technique, and strength matter. For that reason, I don't think he's a great fit for Miami - particularly at 11. But, Miami could do worse.

I like Rudolph and have him as QB4. I'd understand him going in the 1st, but I think he'd make more sense at the end of the 1st, where he's going to a good team. Obviously, any QB would benefit from going to a good team, rather than having to make a bad team good, but if the types of QB are 1) makes something out of nothing 2) makes something out of something and 3) makes nothing out of something, Rudolph falls into category 2. Has an adequate arm and adequate mobility in the pocket, and he throws with very nice touch - alters trajectory as needed - particularly on deep passes. I have him slightly ahead of Jackson (who would be in categories 1 and 3), but I have them both as late-2nd/early-3rd prospects. Because they're QB's, they'll probably both go in the 1st, though.

Glad I am not the only person to like Ragnow. Don't know where he fits in and where his value is to is with were our picks stand now.

He wouldn't be a sexy pick but I feel like once he took over the center position our line would make a big jump.

Wonderful and detailed summary of the prospective players in the draft, J-off.

I really like Mike Gesiski quite a bit, and really hoping that he falls to the second round. That would be a great addition to the Dolphins, and very much needed on this team. I also really like Tarvarius Moore, which presents another area of need on this team.

Is there any reason that you didn’t mention Marcus Davenport with DE/Pass rushers? I think that I saw you mention that you like him in a previous thread, same as me. His acceleration and explosive hands are very impressive, but of course the question is the level of competition he played against.

Glad I am not the only person to like Ragnow. Don't know where he fits in and where his value is to is with were our picks stand now.

He wouldn't be a sexy pick but I feel like once he took over the center position our line would make a big jump.

I have Daniels and Ragnow as two of the best Center prospects I've watched. PFF has Ragnow as the clear-cut #1. I don't see it that way, but I think there's legitimate reason to be excited about him, and my contention would be more about them underrating Daniels than overrating Ragnow.

Ragnow at 42 would be a great pick. Best pick? Probably not, but I think he's in the conversation.

Wonderful and detailed summary of the prospective players in the draft, J-off.

I really like Mike Gesiski quite a bit, and really hoping that he falls to the second round. That would be a great addition to the Dolphins, and very much needed on this team. I also really like Tarvarius Moore, which presents another area of need on this team.

Is there any reason that you didn’t mention Marcus Davenport with DE/Pass rushers? I think that I saw you mention that you like him in a previous thread, same as me. His acceleration and explosive hands are very impressive, but of course the question is the level of competition he played against.

I appreciate it, Laser13! Agree that Gesicki is the type of athlete Gase is looking for at TE, and his ability to win contested balls is a big plus. Very high ceiling.

I think Davenport goes in the 6-10 range, which is where I have him. Slimm, CK, and I have noted how much talent he has in his hands. I think CK compared him to Mike Tyson (sorry if I'm remembering that wrong, CK), and that paints a proper picture of his rare force. Pair that with his speed, instincts, and motor, and it's hard to dislike him. Most people don't have him top 10, and I think top 20 is totally reasonable, but he stands out to me. Aldon Smith has been my comp, because of his hands, and though he's not quite as long, he's faster and more explosive, and he seems like a good, smart guy. He told me on Twitter that he's an Edgar Allen Poe fan.

Last edited:
If the QBs fly off the boards as predicted, Miami should grab Edmunds in the first, or Smith. In the second round snag your TE. In round 3 go RB or QB, same for round 4. By the end of the 4th pick they should have a new stud LBer, a new stud TE, a new stud RB and a young, talented QB to groom, good haul so far. I think they can stay put and accomplish this. They need to get this right.

I watched a breakdown of Fitzpatrick recently and he was best when he was at corner. Have you ruled him out as a free safety?

Just popping in to express my love for Rashaad Penny. I don't know why he doesn't get talked about more on here. He's the most complete back in this draft class outside of Barkley and Guice, IMO. He can play all three downs.

Back
Top Bottom