Prediction: Carson Wentz Leads Dolphins To The Super Bowl | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Carson Wentz Leads Dolphins To The Super Bowl

Except for at his peak Wentz was always a guy whose numbers painted a rosier picture than what was actually happening on the field since he was still maintaining a good TD/INT ratio.
In later years
Not the first few as I had to watch Eagles more than the Fins living here

But you don't put up 27-7 by sucking
I have my doubts and concerns and I just stated explore if cheap but I put my idea over the last 2 choices in a second
Reality.... I try and land Minshew

There seems to be some misplaced blowback against YPA. Just look at those numbers and they define Carson Wentz: 6.7, 6.0, 6.9 and 6.4 over the past 4 years. That is Daniel Jones territory, if not slightly worse. Jones certainly never dropped all the way to 6.0.

Wentz developed lousy mechanics with the Eagles. Frank Reich thought he could fix them. It was a logical move, given the upside. Once that didn't work I'm surprised the league held any interest in Carson Wentz, at least as starter.

As others have posted, he does manage to regulate his touchdown/interception ratio, especially in 2021. But then you check the quarterback record. Wentz is exactly where you'd expect over the past 3 seasons combined: 14-21. It's remarkable how many of these guys gravitate to 40% range.

It's the reason I don't mind Teddy Bridgewater. No matter what the body language looks like, Bridgewater is well above 7 YPA for his career and he's only had one terrible season in terms of wins and losses, the full time starter season in Carolina. You can win games with Bridgewater. I hope the Dolphins recognize that. Skylar Thompson has the blueprint of a guy who would be very fortunate to reach 40%.
What was won with Bridgewater?

Too shitty and too much money. He got paid 35 million last year. Even at a substantial discount considering how many teams need qbs, someone will pay him 15-20 million. Not worth it for a backup.
go get a backup QB that wants to compete for the starter position, Bridgewater seems as though he wasn't interested, Skylar Thompson is a 3rd stringer at the most, they need someone to push Tua in camp and if he lose then he's your backup.

go get a backup QB that wants to compete for the starter position, Bridgewater seems as though he wasn't interested, Skylar Thompson is a 3rd stringer at the most, they need someone to push Tua in camp and if he lose then he's your backup.

There is no backup that will come close to Tua. Draft a qb to backup along with Thompson. Stop wasting money on qbs. Bridgewater and Brissett both have pretty extensive qualifications as a backup/years as borderline starter and neither panned out that’s just money wasted. Could of paid for half of a starting linebacker with that salary saved. Any solid guy that has a shot at a starting job will be 10+ million. A guy like jimmy G will probably be 25+ million. Paying a qb completely takes away from how this team is built. The only reason your paying a guy like tyreek is because you’re getting quality qb play for cheap. If you go out and spend a small fortune on a backup qb then that throws everything out the window. Like it or not the season depends on Tua. If you want to put together a complete team, it’s all about Tua. Listen if it’s a game or two skylar and a rookie can step in and maybe get a win like the jets game and he played well in Buffalo however let’s face it if Tuas down for 5+ games there’s not a qb under 20 million that will step in and win. Build the team rather than pay a backup so that when said backup may have to go in he has a solid run game, oline and defense to lean on. This could also help prevent Tua from getting injured if our defense or run game can bear the load, Tua is less inclined to try to make everything into point this trying to keep plays alive and getting hurt

This really isn't too farfetched if you really think about it.

Obviously, the Commanders are cutting him. Nobody will trade for him again. His price could just be absurdly cheap.

The talent remains undeniable. I mean HUGE! talent.

Don't misunderstand, I fully expect Tua to return and be great! I also fully expect Tua to get injured again, and maybe again.

Wentz's elite arm strength, with mid and deep range accuracy, is perfect for the Dolphins offense and WR talent.
Lol. Have you watched this guy play? Or are you basing this on just talent? He doesn't seem to be better than Tua unless you meant as a back up?

Obviously, the Commanders are cutting him. Nobody will trade for him again. His price could just be absurdly cheap.

Don't misunderstand, I fully expect Tua to return and be great! I also fully expect Tua to get injured again, and maybe again.

Wentz's elite arm strength, with mid and deep range accuracy, is perfect for the Dolphins offense and WR talent.

Then this will be Wentz's, like 4th team in the league? Ummm hard pass for me.

I fully expect skylar to be the back up next year. hes dirt cheap and will be in his second year in the offense. not sure how I feel about this as skylar seemed real tentative when he was out there. If he can trust his instincts and pull the trigger he might be a good back up.

In later years
Not the first few as I had to watch Eagles more than the Fins living here

But you don't put up 27-7 by sucking
I have my doubts and concerns and I just stated explore if cheap but I put my idea over the last 2 choices in a second
Reality.... I try and land Minshew
First off, most of the starting QB's in the NFL don't "suck". It's just in this era of football it's not all that hard for guys with a certain level of talent to be at a certain statistical level of a QB. You can have a pretty good TD/INT ratio and just not be any good at the plays that make a difference in winning or losing football games.

Wentz had a 48/14 TD?INT ratio in 2018 and 2019 and yet was one game over .500 in that span on a team that had won the Super Bowl in 2017, and with a lot of carryover to the team that is now probably the Super Bowl favorites with three games left in the 2022 season.

Avoiding interceptions, throwing a decent amount of TD's - outside of some really shaky teams or young QB's, everybody does that now who plays enough. The QB opposite is going to be doing that more likely than not. You separate yourself with situational play and winning games.

Geezus man, don't drink and post. Wentz isn't good, period.

Back
Top Bottom