Prediction: Carson Wentz Leads Dolphins To The Super Bowl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Carson Wentz Leads Dolphins To The Super Bowl

I still don’t know why the Dolphins haven’t signed up Colin Kaepernick.
He would take all the media interest away from Tua, in fact the whole team.
He would unite the locker room (possibly)
The whole Dolphins and Miami community could get behind him and support him and his beliefs (or against him)
There would be no QB controversy (unless CK started one, that wouldn’t happen would it)
He could be brought on in the last 2 minutes of every game the Dolphins were 20 points ahead to demonstrate taking the knee.
Roger Goodell could give us our first round pick back in gratitude
Shall I start a new thread, the first one obviously, there would need to be at least 16 new ones a week
Maybe for the same reason that all the other teams in the league passed on him. He sucks.

Maybe for the same reason that all the other teams in the league passed on him. He sucks.

I see your point but I am contractually obliged (FH rule 137 section 14 subsection B paragraph 7) to state;
The fact a player sucks never stopped the Dolphins before

you know who else is available this offseason....

skysports-chad-henne-kansas-city-chiefs_5242706.jpg

Too shitty and too much money. He got paid 35 million last year. Even at a substantial discount considering how many teams need qbs, someone will pay him 15-20 million. Not worth it for a backup.
I think that ship has sailed for him. I’m thinking around $6 million but I’m not interested in Wentz at all at this point

There seems to be some misplaced blowback against YPA. Just look at those numbers and they define Carson Wentz: 6.7, 6.0, 6.9 and 6.4 over the past 4 years. That is Daniel Jones territory, if not slightly worse. Jones certainly never dropped all the way to 6.0.

Wentz developed lousy mechanics with the Eagles. Frank Reich thought he could fix them. It was a logical move, given the upside. Once that didn't work I'm surprised the league held any interest in Carson Wentz, at least as starter.

As others have posted, he does manage to regulate his touchdown/interception ratio, especially in 2021. But then you check the quarterback record. Wentz is exactly where you'd expect over the past 3 seasons combined: 14-21. It's remarkable how many of these guys gravitate to 40% range.

It's the reason I don't mind Teddy Bridgewater. No matter what the body language looks like, Bridgewater is well above 7 YPA for his career and he's only had one terrible season in terms of wins and losses, the full time starter season in Carolina. You can win games with Bridgewater. I hope the Dolphins recognize that. Skylar Thompson has the blueprint of a guy who would be very fortunate to reach 40%.
Wow Aswi Dooger - You were the last guy I thought would be taking Bridgewater’s defense. I guess now is the time to bring up that there’s three kinds of lies… White lies, black lies, and statistics. Maybe over his career he’s 7 YPA - But he’s shown to me that he’s just not up to the task of being even a third string quarterback… Let alone us a back up. The guy just doesn’t give a damn and every time he gets the keys he crashes the car.

I don't anticipate him getting a starting job anywhere so I think he's a good a choice as any for backup. Baker Mayfield will probably latch on to a QB needy team that's not the Panthers as a stop gap.

This really isn't too farfetched if you really think about it.

Obviously, the Commanders are cutting him. Nobody will trade for him again. His price could just be absurdly cheap.

The talent remains undeniable. I mean HUGE! talent.

Don't misunderstand, I fully expect Tua to return and be great! I also fully expect Tua to get injured again, and maybe again.

Wentz's elite arm strength, with mid and deep range accuracy, is perfect for the Dolphins offense and WR talent.
Lol stop

I still don’t know why the Dolphins haven’t signed up Colin Kaepernick.
He would take all the media interest away from Tua, in fact the whole team.
He would unite the locker room (possibly)
The whole Dolphins and Miami community could get behind him and support him and his beliefs (or against him)
There would be no QB controversy (unless CK started one, that wouldn’t happen would it)
He could be brought on in the last 2 minutes of every game the Dolphins were 20 points ahead to demonstrate taking the knee.
Roger Goodell could give us our first round pick back in gratitude
Shall I start a new thread, the first one obviously, there would need to be at least 16 new ones a week
I thought the Wentz idea was bad but holy 5Hit man

Back
Top Bottom