Prediction: Drew Lock Is A Stud! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Drew Lock Is A Stud!

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Just finished my 5th game film watching this kid...and this time I watched one of his less impressive outcomes...VS Alabama.

As I watched this I kept thinking about the Great Dan Marino facing the 15-1 Niners in Super Bowl 19... you could clearly see the talent...but his team was overmatched.

Everytime(which was few)....That Lock had time he tore Bama up... all too often(like Marino in Super Bowl XIX)...Lock was getting hit or rushed.

I am sold that this kid will be a star in the NFL... I see Aaron Rodgers type ability with more mobility!

I’ll go out on this limb and stand behind it...I watched my favorite team pass on Brees, Rodgers and Ryan in this century...I hope they don’t miss again!

Lock is not great at improvising when the play breaks down. He is very much a rythm passer who needs his OL to keep him clean. When he is moved outside the pocket and throwing on the run, his accuracy goes in to the crapper. Physically he checks all the boxes and he has elite arm talent. As long as he has time, he is great at placing the ball with accuracy. He could be great and I think he will be over drafted because of what people think he could be, but he is far from a finished product. One last thing, he has annoying habit of not stepping into his throws. I know a QB is not always going to be able to step into his throws, but Lock does this when no one is around him. This inevitably leads to scratching your head and asking, "What the Hell was that"? He'll throw a beautiful pass one play and the next, because his mechanics are not right, will be a wounded duck.

Lock is not great at improvising when the play breaks down. He is very much a rythm passer who needs his OL to keep him clean. When he is moved outside the pocket and throwing on the run, his accuracy goes in to the crapper. Physically he checks all the boxes and he has elite arm talent. As long as he has time, he is great at placing the ball with accuracy. He could be great and I think he will be over drafted because of what people think he could be, but he is far from a finished product. One last thing, he has annoying habit of not stepping into his throws. I know a QB is not always going to be able to step into his throws, but Lock does this when no one is around him. This inevitably leads to scratching your head and asking, "What the Hell was that"? He'll throw a beautiful pass one play and the next, because his mechanics are not right, will be a wounded duck.

I don’t see it like you.. I saw plays on film where he went through all his progressions and moved around and made something happen!

Good point on that Alabama game. How often did Lock get to set his feet? I have this feeling that the Raiders take either Lock or Haskins at #4. Gruden was gushing over Lock.

What film are you looking at YouTube highlights or someone’s video made with a super 8 cam?

Is there any NFL analyst who is known for grading QBs real well? If so, I would like to know that person's take on this year's QB class. We definitely need to trade someone this year, we cant go into the season with Falk and Rudock, unless the staff isn't telling us something about Falk's potential

Funny how most of these posters wanted to get rid of Tannehill, then pick a qb with the same arm and brain upstairs. If this team picks Lock, get ready for mediocre all over again.

What film are you looking at YouTube highlights or someone’s video made with a super 8 cam?

Watched every throw in the Florida, Tennessee, Purdue, South Carolina and Alabama games so far!

Extremely talented prospect who loves the game... great kid! Prototype size and arm.

Threw 72 touchdowns the last 2 seasons...receivers dropped a lot of balls hurting his numbers (Daniel Jeremiah noticed the same thing on his eval. Of Lock in different games than I watched).

Funny how most of these posters wanted to get rid of Tannehill, then pick a qb with the same arm and brain upstairs. If this team picks Lock, get ready for mediocre all over again.

Don’t see that at all on film... this guy makes quick decisions... gets the ball out fast... runs Thru his progressions.

Idk about lock but he has potential sure. I just don't see the accuracy

Back
Top Bottom