Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

experts fail all the time.

Experts usually fail because they draft based on opinion. That was the case last year for example. Three quarterbacks went top 10 who were not elite: Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. When these quarterback fail to give their teams a chance to win SB on rookie contract, and possibly dwindle out of the league after year four, people will call them busts. They are not busts. The experts failed. They drafted QBs who are not top ten material. They were fourth-round material, and they took them top 10.
That is the most common reason why top ten QBs fail, and last year was an odd year for QBs because historically speaking a lot of bad quarterbacks went early. Very unusual.

Now, it is possible that some of these quarterbacks can become better in their second contract, maybe reach the playoffs a couple of times, but that is too late. Second contract is too late. We do not want to pay a QB for five years to reap marginal benefits in the second contract. We need to win now!

Because we need to win now, we need a phenom, we do not want to draft Josh Dobbs, and pass on Mahomes or Watson. That's not an option. And we know this on draft day. That's all we need to know.
Whether Josh Dobbs will actually win a playoff game before Mahomes we do not know and we do not need to know that or god forbid try to project that based on someone's opinion. All we need to know is that Mahomes is elite on draft day and Dobbs is not.

Last edited:
You have my head spinning. I think we can all agree on what an elite QB should be but still a crapshoot. Ryan Leaf was highly thought of and it was a big debate with Manning for the first pick. What is your criteria? Amount of starts? Wins? Completion percentage? Hell Brady split time in college with Henson. We all know what we think a great QB should be but no guarantees. Do you like Haskins? Murray? Tua or Fromm fit the bill? You expect experts to know but experts fail all the time. The Pats passed over Brady 5 times!
Matchup with great players. How?

Exactly.

What is the mathematical equation to drafting?

If there was one, wouldn't all 32 franchises know how to solve it?

But that doesn't mean it's going to bear fruit.

Your line of question boils down to why should we draft Haskins over Jordan Ta'amu.
The answer to that is Haskins is elite and Ta'amu is not. Haskins is drafted to win a SB on rookie contract, and Ta'amu is drafted so he can fk around on the practice squad.
The goal is to win the SB. That's the answer.

Experts usually fail because they draft based on opinion. That was the case last year for example. Three quarterbacks went top 10 who were not elite: Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. When these quarterback fail to give their teams a chance to win SB on rookie contract, and possibly dwindle out of the league after year four, people will call them busts. They are not busts. The experts failed. They drafted QBs who are not top ten material. They were fourth-round material, and they took them top 10.
That is the most common reason why top ten QBs fail, and last year was an odd year for QBs because historically speaking a lot of bad quarterbacks went early. Very unusual.

Now, it is possible that some of these quarterbacks can become better in their second contract, maybe reach the playoffs a couple of times, but that is too late. Second contract is too late. We do not want to pay a QB for five years to reap marginal benefits in the second contract. We need to win now!

Because we need to win now, we need a phenom, we do not want to draft Josh Dobbs, and pass on Mahomes or Watson. That's not option. And we know this on draft day. That's all we need to know.
Whether Josh Dobbs will actually win a playoff game before Mahomes we do not know and we do not need to know that or god forbid try to project that based on someone's opinion. All we need to know is that Mahomes is elite on draft day and Dobbs is not.

Off the bat, your first sentence is an opinion. How can it be a fact? How can you possibly unequivocally know that?

Those QBs were top 5 talents. Are you telling me that a world of football; ESPN, SI, scouts, coaches, GMs, [insert what I'm missing here], all got it wrong? It would appear so because...
yes! Experts fail all of the time. Now we're getting somewhere.

Now let me make a wager. I bet all of those teams believed they might just be drafting the next phenom.

And we know NOTHING on draft day except, "Here. These are the top talents in this draft." The Bills certainly didn't know or they wouldn't have traded out of Mahomes.

In the end, one front office's opinion of a QB was better than the other (again, opinions matter). They had the cojones to make the move and they got it right. And he still sat for a year.

So what we're essentially talking about here is that you want them to, " Hey! Get it right!" I think we are all in agreement there.

"Go get the elite guy!" Yes. Of course. If it were only that simple.

Your line of question boils down to why should we draft Haskins over Jordan Ta'amu.
The answer to that is Haskins is elite and Ta'amu is not. Haskins is drafted to win a SB on rookie contract, and Ta'amu is drafted so he can fk around on the practice squad.
The goal is to win the SB. That's the answer.

I was not asking that question but okay. Fine.

And what if we can't draft Haskins?

Drew Brees sucked on a rookie contract. The Chargers rightfully got rid of his arse. They have to perform on contract. Drew Brees did not do that. He failed. That is the standard, you get rid of them when they do not perform. If they figure it out somewhere else later, good for them. We are not gonna put up with that. Just like Tannehill, he failed us. Gase, failed us. Grier, failed on contract, for four years. Good riddance!

Brady is an exception. You expect a GM to produce another Brady? You are being unreasonable. Russell Wilson slipped.

You cannot expect an elite QB to slip. That is unreasonable. Gotta go get them, in the first round. We have to be 100% certain.

Wrong, he struggled early like many rookies...by his last 2 years in San Diego he was looking really good!

You named 3 guys in what? The past 20 years? Ever heard of needle in a haystack? Brees should have been a 1st round QB, Wilson had the Legion of Boom on the other side that won him his SB and Brady has the greatest coach ever and he is one of a kind. Also 6 of those 8 rings are his. I am not getting on you but the elite QB's are in the 1st round. Off the top of my head Goff, Ryan, Rodgers, Watson, Mahommes, Rivers, Manning, Wentz, Luck, I could go on.

The future of Cleveland, Jets, Baltimore and Buffalo ride on last years QB's and Mayfield sure looks the part.

There’s more that we’re picked 13th or later...and that’s what we are really talking about.

It’s laughable and naive for any fan to assert that they “KNOW” there are only two good QB prospects in this draft.

There’s more that we’re picked 13th or later...and that’s what we are really talking about.

It’s laughable and naive for any fan to assert that they “KNOW” there are only two good QB prospects in this draft.

Personally I think two could be elite with another being good in Lock but who knows. A lot of variables. As for later than 13 and being elite? Well Mahommes was 15th so there is that.

Personally I think two could be elite with another being good in Lock but who knows. A lot of variables. As for later than 13 and being elite? Well Mahommes was 15th so there is that.

Rodgers...Brees....DeShaun Watson recently.

Point is... it’s early and you can’t be close minded to finding a winning QB beyond the top ten picks.

The best thing that could happen to this team is finding their QB luckily with 13 or a later pick.

How can you assume and wait two drafts hoping your in position or have enough ammo to move up for player that may not even be able to get... or he blows his knee out next season before the draft?

I’m quite sure the Dolphins are thoroughly scouting every QB in this draft... and you won’t know till draft day if they liked one enough to draft him... but don’t it’s not possible.

+1

And I'd like to add to your fervor for this organization to demand better of itself.

We as fans need to get aligned behind the organization. Divisiveness is tearing apart everything we love.

This board has been no exception over the years.

I posted a while ago that one of the biggest problems with being a Dolphins' fan is the other fans. We allow ourselves to become so divided on topics that we suck the enjoyment out of being a fan.

Our fanmanship goes beyond simple wins and losses, players, salaries and coaches. When we project our frustrations onto one another, we look for people to blame for what we don't control.

Our brotherhood could be better.

We can also demand much more of ourselves as we share in the success and failure of the Dolphins.

We need to hold ourselves to higher standards, as well. Align, share and enjoy.
Relax Francis.

Its only football. It doesn't need to be all love, and unicorns.

Off the bat, your first sentence is an opinion. How can it be a fact? How can you possibly unequivocally know that?

No, it's a fact.

Those QBs were top 5 talents. Are you telling me that a world of football; ESPN, SI, scouts, coaches, GMs, [insert what I'm missing here], all got it wrong? It would appear so because...
yes! Experts fail all of the time. Now we're getting somewhere.

Yes, I just told you why.

Now let me make a wager. I bet all of those teams believed they might just be drafting the next phenom.

Yes, I just told you that, and in addition they used opinion, that's why they will fail.

And we know NOTHING on draft day except, "Here. These are the top talents in this draft." The Bills certainly didn't know or they wouldn't have traded out of Mahomes.

Incorrect. We know on draft day who is elite, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS.

The Bills drafted Allen in top 10, who had 56% completions, only 270 attempts in 12 games, took 22 sacks on 270 attempts, and was not good at scoring, only 16 TD on 270 attempts.

Compare that to Mahomes, 591 attempts, 66% completion, 41 TD, 27 sacks on 590 attempts, only 10 ints.

Performance governs and the Bills were wrong. It just goes to show they are idiots. There is no nice way to put it. It's mind boggling they have a job running an NFL team, but that's what we have in the NFL, a bunch of idiots, that's the proof above.

In the end, one front office's opinion of a QB was better than the other (again, opinions matter). They had the cojones to make the move and they got it right. And he still sat for a year.

No, one front office used opinion and the other used performance. Mahomes performed better and he was elite, whereas Josh Allen was never elite, he never performed at elite levels and therefore was a later rounds garbage value. Bills drafted a garbage quarterback because they have an opinion, and they did not look at performance.

So what we're essentially talking about here is that you want them to, " Hey! Get it right!" I think we are all in agreement there.

No. They must draft a quarterback on performance and not on opinion. And they will get it right if they do that.

"Go get the elite guy!" Yes. Of course. If it were only that simple.
Yes, it is that simple. The reason is there is no upside to drafting garbage. You do not get higher returns. It's not like gambling if you place a bet on some garbage team you get incredible returns. No, you just get a quarterback in both instance, nothing more. There is no reason to gamble on garbage.

Last edited:
No, it's a fact.

Yes, I just told you why.

Yes, I just told you that, and in addition they used opinion, that's why they will fail.

Incorrect. We know on draft day who is elite, and that ALL THAT MATTERS.

The Bills drafted Allen in top 10, who had 56% completions, only 270 attempts in 12 games, took 22 sacks on 270 attempts, and was not good at scoring, only 16 TD on 270 attempts.

Compare that to Mahomes, 591 attempts, 66% completion, 41 TD, 27 sacks on 590 attempts, only 10 ints.

Performance governs and the Bills were wrong. It just goes to show they are idiots. There is no nice way to put it. It's mind boggling they have a job running an NFL team, but that's what we have in the NFL, a bunch of idiots, that's the proof above.

No, one front office used opinion and the other used performance. Mahomes performed better and he was elite, whereas Josh Allen was never elite, he never performed at elite levels and therefore was a later rounds garbage value. Bills drafted a garbage quarterback because they have an opinion, and they did not look at performance.

No. They must draft a quarterback on performance and not on opinion. And they will get it right if they do that.

Yes, it is that simple. The reason is there is no upside to drafting garbage. You do not get higher returns. It's not like gambling if you place a bit on some garbage team you get incredible returns. No, you just get a quarterback in both instance, nothing more. There is no reason to gamble on garbage.

Dude, it’s been a pleasure discussing this with you because I truly believe you have good points but I stopped reading at the no it’s a fact.

The fact that your opinion of thinking it’s a fact that experts fail due to drafting based on opinion is, as a matter of fact, also making my head spin. And I hope that sentence made yours spin too. Lol

And how opinions don’t matter and such when, let’s say, the opinion of 23 front offices allowed the Packers to know they were selecting an elite Rodgers...

You’re obviously entrenched in your opinion and I can respect that.

And how opinions don’t matter and such when, let’s say, the opinion of 23 front offices allowed the Packers to know they were selecting an elite Rodgers...

Aaron Rodgers like Drew Brees is a second contract quarterback. They are not phenoms. They did nothing on rookie contracts, first four years We do not want that. We do not want to draft Aaron Rodgers and Drew BRees so that we can wait 4-5 years for them to get their act together. We can get that anytime. We can get them in FA.

We can get Foles this year. He's a guy who takes you to playoffs and can win a SB. Those are FA.
The goal is to win, now, this year. And when we draft we draft phenoms, not projects. If you want a free agent quarterback who finally got his act together, you go to FA.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers like Drew Brees is a second contract quarterback. They are not phenoms. They did nothing on rookie contracts, first four years We do not want that. We do not want to draft Aaron Rodgers and Drew BRees so that we can wait 4-5 years for them to get their act together. We can get that anytime. We can get them in FA.

You had me at we don’t want to draft Aaron Rodgers. Lol oh, boy.

It’s all good, brother. I don’t completely understand you but I sure as **** love the passion of your stance.

Let’s just leave it at agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom